Please pray again for my dh--he went to ER today

*He has a very large kidney stone lodged in his urethra…ugh, he was in so much pain…I rushed him to the ER, and it was so sad, dd was crying…I think it was her first glimpse of someone she loves being in the hospital. He is now home…they gave him the choice of staying there for the night, but they gave him stronger meds for the pain, and told him to drink water endlessly. They did a cat scan and found ‘where’ the stone is that’s causing the pain…I just love how the doc yesterday couldn’t figure this out. :mad:

Please pray that he passes this soon…he is seeing a urologist on Tuesday. Shouldn’t be a big issue, but until it passes, I’m going to be concerned for him.

Thanks, everyone. :(*

I’ll pray very much for your husband, and for you and your young ones.
I’m sad that your husband is suffering so much, and your family and you with him.
I ask God to ease his pain and get him through this quickly.
Love, Trishie :grouphug:

Will remember him in my prayers.

Lord, look upon this man with eyes of mercy,
may Your healing hand rest upon him,
may Your life giving powers flow into every cell of his body
and into the depths of his soul,
cleansing, purifying, restoring him
to wholeness and strength for service in Your Kingdom.
Amen.

Ouch! Those hurt something awful. I’m sorry he has to go through this. I will pray this all passes quickly.

praying…

*Thank you everyone! My husband is sleeping now…hopefully, this will pass soon. I looked up what causes a kidney stone for more details online, and echoing what the nurse and doctor at the hospital said…not drinking enough water! My dh for some unknown reason, balks at drinking 8 glasses of water a day. I think that this might have been an awakening for him tonight.

“Father, I believe that you want to give us every good thing. In the name of Jesus, I bring to you the needs that are weighing on my heart. Hear and answer my prayer, Father, so that I may know your joy more and more completely.”*

Praying, hope he has restful night and has speedy recovery from this…

Loving God,

We lift up the intentions of our friend whatevergirl on behalf of her husband who is suffering from a painful medical condition. Please bless him, comfort him, and inspire the medical care givers to minister to him with care, compassion, and great skill. Please ease his pain, and the concern and anxiety of his family as they worry about him.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the master physician and healer, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Praying for your dh, Whatevergirl. I had my sister go through with this pain three times. I have never seen her in so much pain. When I was in nursing, I have had women tell me that it is worse than labor pains. :eek: So that is painful for a man to take. I asked my sister if this was true after she had her son and she agreed as well. It is no fun and very painful. Hopefully, they can crush the stones if it is too large to pass. I will offer up my Rosary tonight for your dh. May the Lord restore peace to your family.

I will pray for him.

I pray your husband will have a peaceful night, and that he will feel better tomorrow. I am also praying for your daughter, too. I remember being 12 and having my Dad rushed to the ER. I was very afraid. It is so scary having the person you depend upon for security be the one hurting. Please tell her that my Dad not only recovered, but he just celebrated his 83 birthday, and is hearty enough to be driving his motorhome 1,200 miles next week to be here for his grandson’s graduation. I am sure her Dad will be there for her youngest child’s graduation, too.:slight_smile:

Remember O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, our Mother. To thee we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful. Dispise not our petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer us. Amen

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and the hour of our death. Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up the intentions of our friend whatevergirl on behalf of her husband who is suffering from a painful medical condition. Please bless him, comfort him, and inspire the medical care givers to minister to him with care, compassion, and great skill. Please ease his pain, and the concern and anxiety of his family as they worry about him.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the master physician and healer, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Been through this myself; worst pain by far that I’ve ever experienced.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Praying…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

God grant that your husband is over the worst by today.

Praying very hard for him. My son went through this 2 years ago and it was awful. He was hospitalized twice and they finally wound up having to blast it twice to break it up. Hope your husband’s will pass with the drinking of the water. Good luck!

*Some good news…my husband passed the larger stone in his right kidney in the middle of the night! He has multiple stones in his left kidney, and said that is feeling sore. So,your prayer are still needed…thanks so much for listening and being here for me and my family. *

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.