Please Pray-At a low point!

I’m not sure where to begin. But i’m really exasperated, it seems like i am in a vicious cycle and cannot break free. I really don’t understand why God is not giving me the desire of my heart, even after praying for so many years.Or is he punishing me?

I’m 30, single and really lonely. I’m a pretty friendly person and have had many friends. But most of them are now married and have moved on.My family lives very very far away, so most of the time i am by myself when i’m home(and not at work).

I’ve never really been in a relationship and that is playing heavily on my mind. I have seen people in multiple relationships, sleeping around with beautiful women and enjoying themselves. some are now happily married. While i am still stuck in this rut.I feel robbed of having a partner and having that joy in my life. I don’t know where to turn or how to ‘fix’ it anymore. I have tried repeatedly in the past and now, but nothing changes. I also struggle with impurity and lust.

This loneliness and a desire for a partner(which is not being fulfilled) is really zapping me internally.

Please pray that God gives me grace to move on in the right direction.

If you sincerely seek a partner for marriage, check out the Book of Tobit. The angel Raphael brought Tobias to his future wife, Sarah. And don’t stop praying…

O Raphael, lead us towards those we are waiting for, those who are waiting for us! Raphael, Angel of happy meetings and Catholic singles, lead us by the hand towards those we are looking for! May all our movements, all their movements, be guided by your Light and transfigured by your Joy. Angel Guide of Tobias, lay the request we now address to you at the feet of Him on Whose unveiled Face you are privileged to gaze. Lonely and tired, crushed by the separations and sorrows of earth, we feel the need of calling to you and of pleading for the protection of your wings, so that we may not be as strangers in the Province of Joy, all ignorant of the concerns of our country. Remember the weak, you who are strong–you whose home lies beyond the region of thunder, in a land that is always peaceful, always serene, and bright with the resplendent glory of God. Amen.

Lord, please grant JSAD many graces to endure this suffering. Please accept this soul’s every suffering in union with your holy Passion. Spare a ray of divine light into JSAD’s life, that he may be emboldened by its warmth and rejuvenated by its power. Cultivate wisdom in JSAD’s life, that he may realize that it is not those who sin in relationships to whom eyes should look, but rather that those in sinful relationships should be looking to him. Build in his heart a zeal for giving of himself to another, that he may attract a worthy spouse and companions in accord with the Father’s merciful will. Lead him through this and all enterprises toward the heavenly garden. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

JSAD, also, as you combat impurity and lust, perhaps this will be helpful, and may help your disposition. I have shared it on other threads.It is a C.S. Lewis quote regarding “imaginary brides”:
For me the real evil of masturbation would be that it takes an appetite which, in lawful use, leads the individual out of himself to complete (and correct) his own personality in that of another (and finally in children and even grandchildren) and turns it back; sends the man back into the prison of himself, there to keep a harem of imaginary brides.

And this harem, once admitted, works against his ever getting out and really uniting with a real woman.

For the harem is always accessible, always subservient, calls for no sacrifices or adjustments, and can be endowed with erotic and psychological attractions which no woman can rival.

Among those shadowy brides he is always adored, always the perfect lover; no demand is made on his unselfishness, no mortification ever imposed on his vanity.

In the end, they become merely the medium through which he increasingly adores himself…After all, almost the main work of life is to come out of our selves, out of the little dark prison we are all born in. Masturbation is to be avoided as all things are to be avoided which retard this process. The danger is that of coming to love the prison.”

• Personal Letter From Lewis to Keith Masson (found in The Collected Letters of C.S. Lewis, Volume 3)Courtesy of Matt Fradd’s blog.

Praying for you. Don’t give up hope. I met my husband i my forties through Catholic Match,(online). Get out of the house, volunteer for some worthy causes and meet like minded people. God bless you.

Praying that God puts the right people in your path that lead you to happiness.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amoungst women,
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,

Amen

Praying that the Lord may strengthen you and guide you in finding your future spouse.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell, satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying hard for your intention.

the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Dude, pray the rosary. Here’s a quote for motivation. Also, prayin for ya.
“The Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new efficacy to the recitation of the Rosary to such an extent that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families…that cannot be solved by the Rosary. There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.”
Sister Lucia dos Santos, Fatima seer

Offering a decade of the Rosary for this intention.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou
Among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, JESUS.
Holy Mary, Mother of God Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of Thy death,
Amen.

Thankyou ! the CS Lewis quote was really eye opening.

I’m grateful for everyone’s prayers. I spent some time in Eucharistic Adoration today and it brought me a lot of peace. I hope to do that regularly.

I had been able to abstain from impurity for long periods in the past. But i ‘relapsed’, i think partly because i did not have a partner/family around and also because i was not vigilant and began doubting God a lot.

Maybe i am being too picky(culturally) or maybe the person God has intended has not come:shrug:

Have to rely on God daily and try to find some joy in him alone till the other things in my life are resolved.I had never really understood the meaning of loneliness till now and i also pray for everyone else in a similar scenario.

Thanks again for all your prayers…God bless!

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:

the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women
And Blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.