Please Pray - At the end of our rope!

Hey all,

I’m sorry to bother you with this request, but any prayers lifted for my husband and I would be greatly appreciated. We’re suffering terribly from this awful economy. We have three Master’s Degrees between us, yet we only have $200 in the bank and no way to pay our bills next month. We are running out of groceries and are extremely worried.

I was laid off from my job in March. I’ve had a job interview two weeks ago, and am waiting anxiously to hear something - anything - back. My husband is self-employed, but his business is failing and we just found out his business might have to close its doors soon.

We are both in horrible states of worry and anxiety - please pray that we find something soon, a way to find help, and if possible (I don’t want to be too forward) that I hear something back from the interview in the next day or two.

Thank you so much for your help, we honestly don’t know what else to do.

Dear Father in Heaven, and all the Saints who are known to help those in most need, especially Saint Joseph, Saint Jude, Saint Anthony, Saint Therese, and Saint Josemaria, we humbly beg you to hear our cries for help to provide work and income for those among us who need just those things, patience and loving trust in your Divine Providence for those who must wait for these things to come, and strength, creativity, inspiration, guidance, and energy for those who must search and struggle to find these things. We trust in Your desire to answer our prayers as quickly as possible; we believe in Your holy promise to provide daily bread, and we ask you to respond mercifully to so many prayers, from so many of us, for our brothers and sisters in need. Thank you. We love you. Amen.

I am so sorry to hear of your situation, but you’ve come to the right place for prayers my friend. Will keep you and DH in daily (and nightly) prayers. Keep strong and confident. Peace…

Thank you so, so much. :thankyou:

I will pray for you.

Dear God in Heaven,

I ask you to Help Kesa 82 and her husband get through and prosper through these tough times. To lessen their anxiety and confront their problems and triumph over their troubles and prosper. Help them find a solution and see them through to happier times.

GBY

Lord, watch over this family and guide them. Give them strength. Give them peace. Help them see that you will be with them through all hardships, especially the one they face now. Amen.

All glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now,
and ever shall be; world without end. Amen.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Christ, by pouring out his blood, has won for himself a new people. Let us worship him and humbly ask:
– Lord, remember your people.

Our King and Redeemer, listen to your Church as she sings your praises at the start of the day:
teach her to give unceasing glory to your greatness.

You are our hope and our strength: we put our trust in you.
Let us never be put to shame.

Take pity on our weakness. Hurry to help us,
for without you there is nothing we can do.

Remember the poor and forgotten. Let this day not be a burden to them,
but a joy and a consolation.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Almighty God, creator of a good and beautiful world,
may we joyfully set out on this day in your name,
and fill it with acts of love for you and our brethren.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

I will be praying for your situation. A lot of people I know are struggling too. I hope this economy turns around soon.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying…

May the Lord help you through this very difficult time. Where abouts are you maybe some folks who visit this site may be able to help you out ?

A few months ago a friend of mine got laid off, and I was able to help him out briefly. I needed some handiman work and he had the time to do it. It wasn’t much but it helped tide him over until he found a new job.

You and your family are in my prayers. Please be strong and know that our Dear Lord will turn this around.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Continued prayers…Take Care!

Thank you so much, I appreciate it greatly! I will keep everyone posted once we hear anything.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.