Please pray - daughter in hospital

Please pray for my daughter and my family. My teenage daughter is in the hospital far away from home - It is not immediately life threatening, but life changing and very serious. I am praying for her. She is a Christian, but like me, not a Catholic. Please pray for her physical and spiritual health (I really believe she is under attack on a spiritual level as well as physical level. I recognize this sounds odd, but its a palpable feeling). I would like to appeal to the saints for intercession. Are there one or more saints I can appeal to for recovery from illness?

I’ve been praying the rosary and for Mary’s intercession - my wife and I are deeply troubled.

Blessings,

Brian

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Depending on the illness, there are lots of saints.

Of course the Blessed Mother is ‘top of the list’ as she is your child’s ‘heavenly Mother’ as well.

St. Nicholas is one famous patron saint of young unmarried women like your daughter.

Also St. Clare. . .St. Scholastica. . .St. Therese of the Child Jesus. . .St. Maria Goretti. . .

St. Pio --a priest who suffered the stigmata–is another one whose intercession you might seek.

Also St. Bernadette Soubirous–the girl to whom Our Lady appeared as the Immaculate Conception at Lourdes, France–itself a known ‘healing spot’ now for 150 years–Bernadette was a sickly young girl herself who suffered dreadfully with asthma as I recall.

God bless–you, your wife and daughter are in our prayers.

Brian, I’m sad to hear that your daughter is so ill…you said, “life-changing”. It’s an awful shock when you find out something like this about someone you love. Please God she, your wife and you, will be able to adapt and that she can have the best possible treatment and management of this illness.

Brian, the saint who came to mind died in 1968. He was kind of a super-saint in that God gave him extraordinary gifts to help others. If you can find books about him… in any case I’ll post a prayer petition on a website where his religious brothers can pray for your daughter, and your wife and you. He has been known as Padre Pio for decades but was canonized by the last pope. I’ll ask his intercession.

I’ve a fourth cousin who is Australia’s first beatified saint, Mary MacKillop, so will also ask her prayers for you and your family. She was a really kind person who worked to help the poor, but she’s family so I sometimes hope she maybe would look out for those I ask her to pray for.

God bless and help you both and your daughter. St Pio, please intercede powerfully with God for this girl. Trishie

+JMJTJ+

*** Your daughter will be in my prayers for her protection and healing.***
May Christ be your strength, hope, andpeace in this trial.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I’ve placed your intentions with the Capuchin friars in Italy. God grant your prayers for your daughter and your family, Trishie

Amen and amen:signofcross:

she is in my prayer

prayers promised

Praying very hard for your daughter’s complete recovery.

Brian,I can assure you of my and my wifes prayers…sickness is bad enough…to be away from home makes it very difficult to bear and so prayers for mercy are winging their way to Heaven! Say some prayers to St.Luke…it appears he was a doctor and thus he can help a lot…dont be discouraged and try to get on with your life as well…sometimes we parents get so roughed up in life we forget ourselves.try to eat and get some rest so you can think properly…all the best…

I will pray to the Little flower of Jesus, St. Therese who also suffered from spiritual attacks while she was sick, and only recovered by the smile of the virgin Mary. Through the intercessiton of St. Therese, may Mary smile upon your daughter!

Praying for your daughter.

I will be praying for your daughter as well. I will remember her as I pray the divine mercy chaplet today. St. Michael defend this young lady in her battle and keep her from harm. This I humbly pray in Jesus’s name amen.

I have remembered your daughter in my rosary intentions.

Still praying!

Thank you all so very much, from the bottom of my heart. Reading your replies and knowing of your prayers is a real comfort to me.

Blessings

Brian

Will pray for your daughter.

Father of mercy and healing, look with immense love and compassion upon this family. Graciously sustain them in faith as they endure the uncertainty of this medical emergency. In Your unfathomable mercy, increase their faith and trust in You, allowing them to confidently place their daughter’s recovery and healing firmly in Your Heavenly hands. Lord, at times like this, grant that they reflect on their faith and consciously decide to love You above all things. May their lives serve as a holy model for their daughter, revealing to her all that is good in Your sight. Grant their daughter doctors, nurses and technicians who reflect your love to her. Graciously join our prayers with those of the Angels and Saints to form an unending petition for mercy and healing, as well as increased faith within her family. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Still praying very hard for your daughter’s recovery!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.