Please pray for a couple of things in my life

I am 22 years old, and I’m having my first knee surgery this Friday. My orthorpedic has said that there is a good chance that if this surgery doesn’t work, that somewhere down the line I’ll probably have to have a total knee replacement. By the time I’m 30.

Also, I have been at a major crossroads in my life, and I have actually been able to stop a few addictive and sinful behaviors, and I’ve started cutting the ties to the people in my life that have caused me to sin the worst in the past. However, I still see these people at least a couple a times a week (I live in a very small town, and I can’t even move away if I wanted to for almost 6-8 months), and the temptation, while it isn’t as strong now, to renew friendships with these people is still there. I cannot have these people in my life, at least not at this time. I pray for the strength to say no to them (and to the devil, who I think is working, and working very well, through them).

Thank you everyone, and God Bless!

Ericka

Hi Ericka,

I will offer a Rosary up for your intentions today. =)

<3 God Bless!

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God;
prayer for us, sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Good Luck on Friday!

“Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.”

God Bless
- x -

Ericka, God bless you mightily for your resolution to stay away from these people. I hope and pray you find wholesome friends soon.

Please God your surgery will be so successful that further surgery isn’t necessary. Please God you’ll recover quickly and well.

God bless you…Trishie

Blessed Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

It is raining here right now, and my knee is very intent on letting me know that. Also, it just popped out of place (it does that at least once a day). I have been on crutches for almost a month, and while I have been able to deal with this with actually quite a bit of humor and trusting in God, I feel as I am close to the breaking point at times. Now is one of them. Right now it’s almost 0200, and I couldn’t sleep now if I wanted to.

If it’s God’s will, then I pray for the pain to go away. If not, I ask for the strength to bear this with patience and grace, if not a few chuckles along the way.

God Bless!

Ericka

From one person with aching knees to another- I said a prayer for you, tonight.

Thank you very much! They have always pretty much hurt, but it was so minor that I was unprepared when it started to REALLY hurt, it was a major shock. Surely I can “get” something from this experience. I am at a place now I have to remind myself, but as long as I remember, the experience is worth it.

It’s funny… I used to be so caught up in doing everything quickly and instant gratification. I still struggle greatly with wanting everything yesterday how I want it, but something has changed in me (through God), and patience isn’t such a bad thing. It will be another month or so until I am “completly” (or as much as my knees will let me) out of pain. It has already been a month since it started popping out of place everyday, and it actually seems I’ve been hobbled up for quite a bit less than that. Past experience tells me that once I am no longer in pain, I will develop amnesia, at least when it comes to remembering the actual pain. This brings me another sense of awe towards this wisdom and magesty of God in creating humans. I’ve never really realized how powerful the mind was before this, and it’s only powerful because God created it that way.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and God Bless you!

Ericka

Finally, I got to sleep. I am used to a good 8-9 hours of sleep. I only got about 5, but I am feeling invigorated. The knees still hurt, but the left one (the one going under the knife on Friday) has quit throbbing and sending shooting pains down my calf and up my thigh. I know this is because of everyone’s prayers.

Thank you, brothers and sisters, and God Bless you!

Ericka

First of all welcome to CAF! I hope that you will find much love and support here, I have. It has been humbling to me that people from all over the world have offered prayers and words of encouragement and I hope that you will find the same. I will be praying for a sucessful surgery and quick recovery! May the Lord bless you!

Ericka, praying very hard for the success of your knee operation. Please stay strong and call on the Holy Spirit for guidance in avoiding and handling the people in your life who do not have your best interests in mind!

Thank you cassie89 and Rocket244 for your prayers. Within the next few days, I will be “firing” one of these people from my life. I would have done it a week ago, but his grandmother died, and although he is toxic right now to me, he has good intentions, however misguided they are. I know I need to be firm with him, but I don’t want to be any firmer than I have to be, because for over a decade (until he and I started changing) he was a good friend to me. I pray the Holy Spirit will give me the words when I need them.

God Bless you all!

Ericka

I will be at the surgery center tomorrow at 11:45. I am glad that I can go to mass tomorrow morning before surgery. I am understandably nervous, but I am not panicking like I have in the past. I can attribute that to everyone’s prayers, and I am very greatful for them.

God Bless!

Ericka

Hello,Hope everything went well in surgery.Praying for your health and spiritual battles.

Although my own knee troubles are really minor in comparison, I can understand how frustrating it must be for you. :frowning: Sometimes things can just ‘get to you’ after a long period of dealing with it.

You’re doing a very courageous thing by limiting your contact with certain people too. Its a really difficult thing to do, but for your own spiritual wellbeing its really for the best - with sin and temptation the more you can do to limit it happening and its effects on your life the better. Better safe than sorry, right? :slight_smile:

Praying for your intentions, and I hope your surgery went well!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.