Please pray for a cure to Baby Ethan's lukemia

Ethan Powell was born in December 2006, and when he was 2 months old, he was diagnosed with leukemia. He is now at St. Jude’s in Memphis in need of a bone marrow transplant. His parents are desperately searching for a donor, and have contacted several radio and TV stations in their area urging people to register for bone marrow donation. Currently, the National Marrow Donor Program is having a free donor drive (usually costs $52.00) until May 21st, or until funding runs out. Evidently you can register for free, and a testing kit will be mailed to you. All it takes is a swab of your cheek.

Ethan’s webpage: www.ethanpowell.com

National Marrow Donor Program with info on how to register:

marrow.org/NEWS/Events/Thanks_Mom/index.html

Please keep Ethan and his family in your prayers. And please let others know about Ethan, surely there is a match out there somewhere.

http://www.ethanpowell.com/photos/Dr%20M.jpg

Praying for little Ethan and his family. :crossrc:

Awww…look at that precious little baby… My prayers for that little angel…:gopray:

God bless

Wow, there are 2 free bone marrow drives in my town this weekend :slight_smile: This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time, but traveling to the city to do it with a nursing baby seemed like such a hassle. I think I saw this today for a reason :thumbsup: Maybe one of us on CAF will be Ethan’s donor! Wouldn’t that be exciting?!

I’ll be going to register tomorrow. I hope many people take this opportunity to register as well. They’re hoping for 20,000 new registrations. The cost to register is a bit prohibitive for me right now, so I wouldn’t be able to do it except for this drive that’s going on.

The sad thing is, I wouldn’t be surprised if most people come to register because they have a loved one who is sick. I’d rather not wait for that to happen!

Please let as many folks as you can know about this registry drive, and about Baby Ethan.

I will pray for Ethan.
And also for more and more donors in your country who would be willing to help those in need.
Ethan is a beautiful child. May God bless him and his family.

What a cutie! I will pray for Ethan and his family, and all who care for him.

I had an idea! :newidea:

We should all check to see if there’s a drive coming up in our towns. If there is, call a prayer request to the parish prayer chain for “People to participate in the bone marrow drive at such-and-such a place at such-and-such a time.” Then each of the prayer warriors on the chain could participate and tell their friends/family about it too! And not only that, but also include the “Healing of Baby Ethan” as one of the intentions so that people can pray for him too!

Praying for Ethan!!
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, & blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now & at the hour of our death. Amen.

What a lovely baby! :love: Praying for him… :gopray2:

You have my prayers as well.

I will pray for him;)

I am already on the donor list and am waiting for the call to help one day.

Lord, hear our prayers for this dear little child.

Praying for Ethan!

May God bless you for your generosity Kell!!

I was not able to get out to the drive that was in town on yesterday, so I signed up online last night. The questionnaire took less than 10 minutes to complete. I’ll be receiving a kit in the mail to take the tissue test. I hope as many people as possible will take this opportunity to register for free.

And I hope Ethan finds a match soon. His parents seem so young, and so faithful prayer. I pray God will bless their family with the healing of this precious little boy.

My husband and I were able to get to the drive on Saturday! We signed up and were able to donate blood at the same time! :slight_smile: Our 4 month old slept through the whole thing, and our 2.5 year old was so well behaved. It was a really blessed day for us!

Everyone who wants to be on the bone marrow donor list, please go to the website TODAY! It’s the last day you can sign up online for free!!!

May God bless you and your husband Sam! That’s so awesome!

:extrahappy:

I hope they meet or exceed their goal of 20,000 new registrations. And I hope and pray that little baby Ethan and anyone, especially any child suffering from leukemia will find their match soon.

I will definitely pray for Baby Ethan to get cured! With God all things are possible. May God bless him deeply and fill his little body with the grace to combat this disease. And may Mary our Mother, be extra close to this child and protect him from this moment on!

:)

What a sweet baby, Praying for a cure:signofcross:

I’ll certainly keep Ethan and his family in my prayers, my heart goes out to those who have young children with leukaemia. I will also pray for the doctors and nurses who are caring for him, that God will guide their thoughts and actions and through them bring him back to health.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.