Please pray for a fallen away Polish Catholic friend of mine

Hi everyone. Could you all please pray for a fallen away Polish Catholic friend of mine? He is a liberal Christian now. I asked him if he ever believed in the teachings of the Church and he said he never really thought about it when he was younger. Please pray that he some day comes back to the Church. He was both baptized and confirmed in his younger years.

Also, what can I say or do to help convince him to come back to the Church? :shrug::confused:

What is your friends first name. I like praying names. lol :slight_smile:

We are living in very confusing times. At least I feel like we are.

Sometimes as a Catholic I don’t feel I belong anywhere. As a Catholic who believes in much of the social gospels of protecting and being good caregivers of the planet, feeding the poor, taking care of the sick, being kind to the stranger etc, I find that the Progressive view point fits my faith better. Yet, as a Catholic I very much oppose abortion (which is not going to change). I haven’t made my mind up about Gay Marriage but the church is very clear about that so I do not support it. Which to some Progressives makes me not a Progressive.

Maybe your friend is trying to fit in so he is going along with the abortion and gay marriage because he doesn’t want to get into a fight with others? :frowning:

I get frustrated when people attack the Catholic church and I find myself defending the church.

I don’t think it helps to show harsh judgment, but at the same time we must stand up and say as a Catholic we have choices. We can either obey and follow the teachings of the church or we can choose to reject the teachings of the church. If we choose to disagree than we must be willing to take the censorship of the church without whining.

None of us is perfect. We all have some areas that we might disagree with. One of the issues I disagree with is birth control. I need to talk to a priest about it, but that is an issue that I feel because of climate change and the growing hunger in the world that we as a church need to take a look at. Plus too, I think it will cut down on abortions.

The important thing is if we seek the Lord’s Will and are open to him.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen! :signofcross:

Praying for your friend …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, please guide Holly's friend back to the fold. Help Holly be a good example and witness to our Catholic faith to him to help him convert and become a solid Catholic. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Thanks everyone!

Our Father who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on Earth as it is here in Heaven,
give us this day our daily bread and forgive us
our trespasses as we forgive those who
trespassed against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil,
Amen

I noticed no one really gave you advice on how to bring your friend back to the Church. Does this friend mean a lot to you? It should be your absolute mission as a Christian and member of Gods true Church to return this person to the faith lest it he judged against you in death. I refer you to two very good resources one is a book called “Confession of a Roman Catholic” this book is not about confession but about the conversion of a Protestant to the Catholic Church. It is small and a fast read about how he had so many things about the Church he had to get over and how and why he did. It is an extremely effective, logical, and well written book for evangelization you can get it from tan books for pretty cheap. Next you need to delve into this topic with your friend and find exactly everything they have a problem with about the Church. Once this has been done you hit the books and internet for every Apologetic response to your friends objections. Study them for weeks if you have to and have more discussions and present this to your friend. Let your friend know you love them, and don’t want to see them fall away from the Church, that it hurts you very deeply to see this. Try just praying with your friend offer to pray together preferably in a Church, do rosaries! if they don’t object. I offer you another great resource called “Faith Database” it is a program for the computer that puts extensive knowledge of the Church, Saints, Scripture, and Apologetic books and resources right at your fingertips, I go nowhere without it. It has many stories of "why people became Catholic. I will pray for you and your friend continuously. and if you like even observe some form of penance until they convert, as this also can be very effective. Please PM me and keep me updated on the situation. God Bless!

Oh and one more thing before talking about this with your friend, please recite the Anima Christi as you will feel immediately empowered.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions…..

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayers for these intentions. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.