Please pray for a lady who is addicted to pain killers and is trying to break the addiction

Hey everyone. Could you please pray for a lady who is addicted to pain killers and who is trying to break the pain killers. She has gone almost 4 days without them so far and she says that once she reaches 5 days it will be a lot easier for her. I am not going to give out her real name so I’ll just call her Michelle which is not her real name. I do not wish to gossip about her and so that is why I am not giving out her real name. God knows what her real name is.

I commend the woman to the Blessed Virgin Mary. May Mother Mary help her to break free from her addiction. I pray that the woman invokes the Blessed Mary with deep devotion and love, and receives her powerful assistance. Amen.

Praying…

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace. Our Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you do we cry, the children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us,
and after this our exile,
show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus:
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.

i just said a little prayer for her

Praying hard for Michelle.

I am praying.

does she know people on a forum have been praiyng for her? :slight_smile:

Hey everyone. Thanks for the prayers for her. So far she has gone without taking them at all. Unfortunately I think she told me that she needs an operation later this year to remove all of her teeth and get dentures and she said she is sure they’ll give her pain killers which she will need. She fears that the addiction will take control again though if she has access to pain killers.

With God everything is possible :slight_smile:

The Fatima Aspiration

Domine Iesu, dimitte nobis debita nostra, salva nos ab igne inferiori, perduc in caelum omnes animas, praesertim eas, quae misericordiae tuae maxime indigent.

PATER NOSTER,
qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.