Please pray for a young woman near death

A young woman on another site whom I will call K and who I only know from brief posts, pm’s, and the discussion of her friends, has recently received a kidney transplant from her brother. She has also been battling cancer, will need several more operations, and now has a form of pneumonia. She is on a ventilator but is occasionally taken off of it. Whether that is good or whether it means that she has VAP I do not know.

She is sick, sad, depressed, and wants mostly to go home from the hospital. Whether that means she is ready to die I also do not know.

Elsewhere on the Internet, I was reading that when one feels an inexplicable sadness, that that sometimes is an invitation to pray. I had not read or heard that when earlier I became mildly caught up in listening to the theme for “The Lost Boys” called “Cry Little Sister”, but when I read about sadness (and the song seemed to reflect an inexplicable sadness mixed with hints of things like immortality which I thought reflected a typical misdirection of an arrow which should have been pointing toward heaven but was instead diverted into profit making and unhealthy obsessions with flight, vampires and demons) being an invitation to prayer, and when I thought of my sick acquaintance, I put 2 and 2 together and decided that my sadness, the unhealthy movie theme, and her illness might actually be a pointer towards an invitation to pray for her.

I hope you will join me in praying for her recovery, her spiritual health (and mine too), and for the recognition that the attempts at misdirection from God which I think surround us will instead be recognized for what they are, and that people take them instead as subtle pointers towards prayer and good works rather than allowing themselves to become even temporarily fascinated with earthly profane intent (as I was).

Pat thank you for responding to the inspiration to ask our prayers for your internet friend.
Please assure her of our thoughts and prayers.

Lord I do not know if she knows and loves You, but I do know that You know and love her.
Please help her to endure with peace in her heart, even after the long hard battle she has already endured.
Lord please surround her with Your light and love.

And please bless Pat who recommended this ill sister to our prayers.
God bless you both.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
though burdened by my sins,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in your mercy,
hear and answer me.
Amen.

Please pray this, as you’ve never pray before…Remember Matthew 21:22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." But Holy Jesus said forgive those who sinned to you before you pray…

Lord God the Holy Father and for his only son Jesus Christ, I’m so very grateful for

being good to me, to my family and my race. I am grateful that you give all the things

that we need in life, but i thank you most because you give more than i need, how great

you Lord, God the Father to all you’ve done on behalf of your son has achieved all by

jesus christ Safety, happiness, joy, peace and love. Lord, now i got an illness and i

put all my trust in you and also my beloved family, whatever happens I know you do not

forsake me because you just the God of all, The creator and owner of all mankind and

universe i know that whatever you want is always in our good sake…

I know that thy holy name of Lord Jesus Christ everything is possible, all I can do on

your behalf… I can take all the challenges in life and i survive everything on your

behalf … All sick will be cured on your behalf… All the sinners will be saved on

your behalf … just because you are son of only living God… We are all praise and

appreciate you… our life and only hope … Jesus Christ.

Praise be to God, Thanks be to God.

AMEN! AMEN!

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Lord, please help Pat’s friend to be abandoned to your merciful love full of confidence in your merciful love. Help her to carry her cross courageously, patiently and lovingly, and give her your peace. Help Pat to keep prayerful and faithful, and detached from the things of this world. Grant her and her friend strength, deep faith and deep love. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

The Divine Mercy Chaplet is wonderful for those near death. May she benefit from all of those people who pray it daily, offering it for that intention.
For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and the whole world!
St Faustina, pray for us.

*** Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Praying…

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Sacred Heart of Jesus
We place our trust in Thee

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

My prayers are with you and with K. For your health and faith and peace. I pray that you find His grace in a special way today.

Dear Father in Heaven, look after K as she is sick and depressed, grant that she will be reconciled to You and that she will make her peace with You so that you can show her Your infinite mercy. Bless Pat for drawing attention to K’s plight. + Amen

Lord I do not know if she knows and loves You, but I do know that You know and love her.
Please help her to endure with peace in her heart, even after the long hard battle she has already endured.
Lord please surround her with Your light and love.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the LORD is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
JESUS.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.