Please pray for all those suffering from Alzheimers and dementia

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions for all your children suffering from Alzhelimers and dementia, and ask for your mercy and blessings for each of them, their care givers, and their family members. Lord, both my mother and mother in law suffer from advanced Alzheimers, and my mother in law has reached the point where she frequently doesn't know who she is. Lord, please help ensure all the care givers and family members who tend to people in this condition are strengthened for the challenge as they care for what is a shell of the person they know and love. Please help them to treat the afflicted persons with compassion and dignity during these times of great trial and challenge in their lives. We know you love each of us, and will not give anyone more that they can bear, so we ask you to continue to help all of us to share your love with these suffering persons in these most difficult times. Please help the family members to remain united and to respect the care givers who face the greatest challenge in these situations.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, for ever and ever.

Amen.

Since my dad has dementia, let me say I appreciate your prayers, and to include the caregivers in your prayers too.

[quote="jhash1, post:1, topic:213690"]
Loving God,

We lift up our intentions for all your children suffering from Alzhelimers and dementia, and ask for your mercy and blessings for each of them, their care givers, and their family members. Lord, both my mother and mother in law suffer from advanced Alzheimers, and my mother in law has reached the point where she frequently doesn't know who she is.

Lord, please help ensure all the care givers and family members who tend to people in this condition are strengthened for the challenge as they care for what is a shell of the person they know and love. Please help them to treat the afflicted persons with compassion and dignity during these times of great trial and challenge in their lives.

We know you love each of us, and will not give anyone more that they can bear, so we ask you to continue to help all of us to share your love with these suffering persons in these most difficult times. Please help the family members to remain united and to respect the care givers who face the greatest challenge in these situations.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, for ever and ever.

Amen.

[/quote]

Lord please be mindful of each of these persons, including jhash's mother and mother-in -law, and daeve's Dad. Please give strength, sensitivity, and wisdom to the families of our brothers and sisters who are mentally and emotionally slipping way,
and to those who care for them in hostels, nursing homes, and hospitals

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions for all your children suffering from Alzhelimers and dementia, and ask for your mercy and blessings for each of them, their care givers, and their family members. Lord, both my mother and mother in law suffer from advanced Alzheimers, and my mother in law has reached the point where she frequently doesn't know who she is. Lord, please help ensure all the care givers and family members who tend to people in this condition are strengthened for the challenge as they care for what is a shell of the person they know and love. Please help them to treat the afflicted persons with compassion and dignity during these times of great trial and challenge in their lives. We know you love each of us, and will not give anyone more that they can bear, so we ask you to continue to help all of us to share your love with these suffering persons in these most difficult times. Please help the family members to remain united and to respect the care givers who face the greatest challenge in these situations.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Lord please be mindful of each of these persons, including jhash's mother and mother-in -law, and daeve's Dad. Please give strength, sensitivity, and wisdom to the families of our brothers and sisters who are mentally and emotionally slipping way,
and to those who care for them in hostels, nursing homes, and hospitals.

Blessed Louis Martin, father of St Therese, you personally experienced the loss of mental faculties at the end of your life, to the sorrow of your holy daughters.
Please pray for those suffering from Alzheimers and dementia,
and their family and carers

[quote="Trishie, post:5, topic:213690"]

Blessed Louis Martin, father of St Therese, you personally experienced the loss of mental faculties at the end of your life, to the sorrow of your holy daughters.

[/quote]

Lord, hear our prayer.

[quote="Trishie, post:5, topic:213690"]

[/quote]

Loving God,

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, thee the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb,Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Thanks, everybody, from all of us coping with this insidious affliction. It's very hard to see your rock crumbling in front of your eyes. I think my dad's condition is very hard for him because he can still see what's happening to him. He get very frustrated because he can't do the things he used to do, and had to give up a lot of the activities he was looking forward to doing in these years. Keep us all in your prayers and I'll be praying for all of you too.

Our God who loves each person with greater love than we can understand, please be mindful of each of these persons, including jhash's mother and mother-in -law, and daeve's Dad. Please give strength, sensitivity, and wisdom to the families of our brothers and sisters who are mentally and emotionally slipping way,

and their family and carers.

[quote="jhash1, post:4, topic:213690"]
Loving God,

Amen.

[/quote]

Amen. Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, and the Fatima Prayer. I ask that you also bless jhash and family. Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Loving God please be mindful of each of these persons, including jhash's mother and mother-in -law, and daeve's Dad, and the parents and loved ones of all who visit here. Please give strength, sensitivity, and wisdom to the families of our brothers and sisters who are mentally and emotionally slipping way,

and their family and carers.

Loving God,

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.