Please pray for an apostate ex-Catholic whom I'm witnessing to

Hi there,

Please could everyone pray for a girl called Susana Nunes whom I’m witnessing to? She left the Church when she was a teenager I think, disillusioned by the hypocrisy that she saw in the Catholics she experienced (Nuns were involved).

A few months ago however, she began to come to a series of talks held in St. Patrick’s Soho Square, London (I’m English) on Humanae Vitae and surrounding subjects. When I met her, she told me that she was considering coming back to the Catholic Church and had started going to Mass. She was searching for answers to some questions she had however, on subjects like the Papacy, Mary, the Saints, the Eucharist, etc. As someone who does a fair bit of Apologetics witnessing, she asked me to answer these questions (there were a number of them) and I had promised to do so.

That was a few weeks ago, and I’ve been preparing my response for her, but since then to my dismay he has told me that I shouldn’t bother, as she’s decided to stay in Evangelicalism. She’s become a member of an Evangelical ecclesial community, with whose ministry she’s started to be involved, becoming Treasurer. She describes it as something she is “passionate about.” It’s this she’s planning to do instead of going to Mass.

Although she told me that she’d made up her mind, she has agreed nonetheless to read my letter to her answering these questions. I’m hoping that this will challenge the misconceptions she has about the Church’s doctrine and hopefully dispel her objections.

If you would then, please do pray three things for this situation: Firstly, that the Holy Spirit will open her heart and her mind (if the former is closed, the latter will be too) to the fullness of the orthodox truth of His Gospel.

Secondly, please pray for me, that I write the best prose I can to convince her, refute her error, and be the means by which the Spirit brings her back to His Church, for His glory alone!

Thirdly, and above all, please just pray that God’s will be done.

Thanks so much in advance for all your prayers and help, brothers and sisters! :slight_smile:

Grace and Peace be with you,

Peter

• :slight_smile:

Praying for Susana and for you. May the Grace of God come upon you in this letter writing. May he grant her the ability to open her heart and mind.

+JMJTJ+

I will be praying that God will illumine and guide you both as you assist Susana on her spiritual journey.

Dear Peter I ask the Holy Spirit to use you to challenge Susana’s misconceptions about the Church’s doctrine and dispel her objections, as instrument of the Spirit to bring her back to His Church. I ask the Holy Spirit to also use any means available to achieve this. Father, in the name of Jesus, let Your will be fulfilled in Peter’s life and in Suzana’s life.

God bless you in all you do to serve God and to draw souls to God.
Trishie

praying.

Praying.

God bless
Ut

Hail Mary Full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou among women
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.