Please pray for Anna and Anthony

Holding them both in my prayers.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

Anna’s cancer is no longer detectable, and she may be in remission. She has to decide whether or not to do another three months of chemotherapy, just in case. However, she also wants to go back to work in September, and if she does the chemo, it will not be possible for her to go back to work that soon.

Also, the therapies so far have taken a strong toll on her - the skin on her face is so sensitive that she can’t even go outside into the sun without a veil on or else tons of sun cream. She is in a very weakened state. Anthony has signs up all over the yard, “If you are sick, do not come near this house.” He is very, very protective right now.

Please ask God to guide her, what she should do - take the extra chemotherapy, or go back to work in September.

Holy patroness of those in need, St. Rita,
so humble, pure, and patient,
whose pleadings with your Divine Spouse are irresistible,
obtain for us,
from your crucified Jesus,
our request
Please guide Anna with the choices she has to make reguarding her illness. And give Anthony her son the strength he needs to stand by her and support her.

Be propitious towards us
for the greater glory of God and yourself,
and we promise to honor
and sing your praises ever afterward.

Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours
now and for ever.
Amen

hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
now and for ever.
Amen

hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
now and for ever.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary…Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

Amen

Amen

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! for all of your prayers! I just received this from Anna:

Dear Friends:

I hope everything is going well for you and your family.

Sorry for this late Christmas greeting. I wanted to wait for the MRI results before sending this letter to you. Today, I received the greatest news from my radiation oncologist. It was a miracle I have survived. My recent MRI indicated there is still a growth behind my nasal cavity. The image is still the same size and shape. However, it shrunk quite a bit. I suppose I should be thankful, but would be nice if the growth had disappeared completely. The image may be an inactive tumour or scar tissues. Hopefully, it is not cancer. I will be returning to work after the New Year. My next MRI will be in July. Please continue to pray for me.

The physiotherapist from the Palliative Care Team has monitored my rehab exercise program. I am gaining more strength, but not weight. I am still researching other alternative cancer prevention therapy. I am open to any advice.

Anthony is busy studying hard. This is his final year in high school, which he is looking at post secondary, scholarship and bursary programs. I am hoping he will consider a university that offers coop program. Some universities offered a work placement program with the academics. I think this is important so that can lead to employment after graduation. He has a strong passion with computers.

He was busy with the swim team at the school. All the swim teams had their recent competition. I am not sure of the overall performance and scores. They should announce the results soon. In addition, he is still teaching swimming on the weekends.

Thank you, for all your support and prayers. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I hope my cancer is kept under control.

We wish you all a peaceful, safe Christmas and many blessings in the coming year.

Peace of Christ,
Anna and Anthony
December 14, 2009

Just another update on Anna - she is still very thin, and she is only able to work part time, but the cancer is gone, and she is improving day by day.

Anthony has completed his high school education, and even did a two year certificate in college. He is working full time, living at home, and taking care of her. It looks like they're both going to be fine.

Thank you so much for your prayers. :)

Another update - Anna is back to full health and back at work full time. Thanks, everyone! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.