Please pray for Archbishop Kevin McDonald

My Brothers & Sisters:

Please pray for Archbishop Kevin McDonald, of the Archdiocese of Southwark in London, England, who has just resigned his post on the advice of his physicians after a Triple Bypass. Archbishop McDonald has also been suffering from severe Osteoarthritis for a number of years.
[INDENT][FONT=Arial]Archbishop in London resigns for Health Reasons[/FONT]
“I feel great sadness at having to relinquish my post as Archbishop of Southwark,” said Archbishop McDonald on Thursday in a letter to his archdiocese. “Although I have to contend with illness over the last three years, this appointment has been a great grace. It has been a privilege to lead this great Diocese and I have received a wonderful response to everything I have tried to do.”
catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=17944
[/INDENT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Please pray for this decent man of God who has been forced to retire because of both the risks to his health and his constant pain. Please also pray that believers won't be scandalized, or that scandal will not be attached to the name of this decent man of God, who is forced to resign using the same Code in Canon Law that has been frequently used to allow far worse men to "slink quietly away".

Obfuscation hurts the Innocent
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Arial]catholicculture.org/commentary/otn.cfm?id=564[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]
Your Brother & Servant in Christ, Michael[/FONT]

I pray for continued Guidance, the Support of the People and the Dioscese towards Archbishop Kevin McDonald. May Our Blessed Lady of Guadelupe who today we Celebrate the Feast of, make this a special prayer to lay at the throne of Christ. May his Holy WIll be done in the Dioscese and Archbishop McDonald receive the portion of all his worth, here and everlasting.
It is always so sad to see a servant of God step down or be called home unexpectedly, however, I am sure his works will continue through the new Bishop, the seeds planted during the Archbishops service truly being to grow and bloom in the hearts of his flock, growing fruits now and in the future that will nourish all for many years to come.
May all in this Dioscese find peace, love, unity and hope in Christ through the Holy Season and be in the expectation of nothing less than Miracles.:slight_smile:

Praying for his healing and for God to comfort him always.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for this man …

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
Amen.

Lord, please bless Archbishop Kevin McDonald abundantly and help him bear his illness. May the people in his Diocese support him all the way and know what a blessing he was -and still is - to them. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Hail Mary
full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.