Please Pray For Bishop Carlson's Health

Please take a moment if you can and say a prayer for Bishop Carlson, Saginaw Diocese in Michigan.

He is not well, and needs all the prayers possible.

The diocese will more than likely make their formal statement(s) soon, and our best action now is prayer.

Lord, watch over your faithful servant in his suffering, and return him to his flock if it is your will.

bump

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to Thy protection, implored Thy help, and sought Thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto Thee, O Virgin of virgins, My Mother! to Thee I come, before Thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word incarnate! despise not my petitions, but, in Thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

The Diocese is currently reporting that Bishop Carlson’s surgery went well.

saginaw.org/blog/post/32

Blessed Lord, watch over this Your servant and restore him to Your flock in health.

Sweet Lady, our Mother, pray for this servant of Your Son.

Thank you all for your prayer for this good and Holy man. He is my former Bishop who I love deeply. Since he was called to Saginaw, I’ve been selfishly crying because we lost him as our Shepherd. Now I’m crying for the suffering he is undergoing.

Bishop Carlson is a very unique man. He is so intellectually and administratively brilliant that it sometimes overshadowed his deep faith. He is a very confident man but this confidence doesn’t come from his great intellectual gift but from his prayer life and devotion to Scripture (he has read the Bible cover to cover every year since he became a Priest).

So much of his essence comes from a visible and tangible aura of the Holy Spirit walking with him. So many times, I saw him grasp his audience (whether it be a hurting person, a large congregation, a rich person, a poor person) and communicate to them at a level that could only be obtained through Divine presence.

Again, thank you for your prayers. I have every confidence your chorus is being joined by a larger chorus in Heaven.

A Prayer for Healing

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwYdnXicnmKT4DYil-sXt8SnSPwNKSQQsRI8N6KKWf_U5WHK_I

Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You, allow Your healing hand to heal us. Touch our souls with Your compassion for others. Touch our hearts with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch our minds with Your wisdom, that our mouths may always proclaim Your praise. Teach us to reach out to You in my need, and help us to lead others to You by our example. Most HOLY FACE OF JESUS bring us health in body and spirit that we may serve You with all our strength. Touch us gently this life which You have created, now and forever. Amen.

From Wikipedia: Bishop Carlson survived stage-four bladder cancer in the 1990s, having once been told by his doctor to arrange his financial affairs in order to prepare for an imminent death. He has undergone a total of seven cancer-related procedures, and partly credited a trip to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima in Portugal for his recovery.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.