Please Pray for Fallen Away Religious

I know there is a thread about Fallen Away Catholic Family members. But, we cannot and must not forget those in Religious Life. Sadly, some have Fallen Away from the Catholic Church and some are caught up in the devil’s snares (and some of these Religious don’t realize it)…Let us Pray for them.

HOLY HOUR OFFERING FROM THOSE PRIESTS WHO HAVE FALLEN AWAY

MY GOD, poor, weak and miserable as I am, I have come to spend this hour alone with YOU, in reparation for the priests who have forgotten that they are YOUR chosen souls. Especially, dear God, do I offer this holy hour for the priests who at this moment need it most. In praying for consecrated souls, help me to remember my own utter weakness, misery and nothingness. Were it not for YOUR grace, I would be far worse than those for whom I pray.

0 MY GOD, help those priests who are faithful to remain faithful, to those who are falling, stretch forth YOUR Divine Hand that they may grasp it as their support. And for those poor unfortunate souls who have fallen, lift them up in the great ocean of YOUR Mercy, that being engulfed therein, they may receive the grace to return to YOUR Great Loving Heart. Amen.

I also offer my Prayers for all Religious who have Fallen Away. Amen.

This is a good idea, but remember that not all relgious are priests.

It might be will to modify the prayer accordingly.

Yes, I know that very well. I only found the one Prayer but the Lord knows that I (or anyone) offers their Prayers to all Fallen Away Religious whether they are Priests, Brothers, Sisters, Nuns, etc.

If you (or anyone else) is curious I found the following Prayer at:

desertnuns.com/Devotions/devotions_priests.htm

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Please Pray for Fallen Away Religious.

Prayer for Vocations to the Priestly and Religious Life

Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, show forth, we beseech Thee, in Thy Church the Holy Spirit with whose power the apostles were so abundantly filled. We thank Thee for the blessings bestowed upon the work of priests and religious; and we pray that Thou wilt add to the number of those who now pray, labor, and sacrifice themselves for Thy glory and the salvation of souls. Give them unselfish zeal for Thy glory. O good Jesus, give us more priests and religious after Thine own Heart!
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ,
as you gazed down from the Cross in Your bitter agony
upon the beloved and faithful Apostle, St. John,
Your anguish was increased
by the desertion of the traitor
and the other Apostles.
In spite of this desertion
Your love embraced them
and all those consecrated men and women who would forsake You.
We, therefore confidently beseech You now
to rain abundant grace on the consecrated ones who have gone astray.
Where there is present groping uncertainty,
let there be light;
where there is present overshadowing gloom,
let there be joy;
where there is present mounting struggle,
let there be peace.
Guide, O Lord,
the stray ones back to the fold,
and assist them to walk surely and lovingly in Your sight,
for only in union with You
will they find true light, joy and peace.
Give to all priests and religious inspiration in time of doubt,
patience in time of adversity,
fortitude in time of weakness,
that with Your love ever pressing them on,
they may lead others ever closer to You.

Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Praying…

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Praying hard.

Dearest Jesus & Blessed Mother, I offer every bead on my Rosary as a Prayer to Fallen Religious Away, led astray Religious, and those whom have lost their vocations.

Patron Saints of Lost Vocations Pray us and for Religious

St. Gotteschalk, St. James Intercisus, St. Luchesius Pray us and for Religious.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

Thy Kingdom come.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

• I realized I made a mistake in my previous thread I stated, “Fallen Religious Away” what I meant to say was Fallen away Religious. :blush:

Strayed or faltering shepherds
Jesus, please safeguard priests as true shepherds of Your people. Be mindful of those who have left Your service. Give them the grace of knowing that You love them and that the Church cares for them.

Some priests and Religiopus abandon their ministry due to overstrain of their human resources, or because of doubt or loneliness. Please grant them renewal and the support of others. Love them back to full use of their faith, courage, generosity, and ability. Return them to Your service, with loving-kindness, right judgement, and peaceful balance in acceptance of human limitations that are made fruitful only through You in faith.

Jesus, do not allow You priests or people to flounder in doubt. Give them grace to repeat humbly—“I believe. Help my unbelief.” To Your priests and Your people, give trust that reaches beyond human limitations into eternal truth.

Heal those weakened by illness, worldliness, sensuality, or discouragement. In healing Your priests and Religious, please enable them to serve according to realistic judgement. To renewed and faithful priests alike, please grant wholeness and peace. Grant them encouragement, with prayerful, practical support of brother priests and parishioners. Every person has responsibility to share in care and support of others and in the mission of Christ. Let all experience Your love and reality in sharing gospel charity with Your ministers and fellow humans.

Where Your love does not animate their witness then egoism, pride or despair may compromise ministry or cause desertion. Do not allow Your priests to be overwhelmed by material desires. Inspire them to approach everything in a balanced manner. Please give renewal of love and grace to all whose hearts falter in self-reliance, in pride, rebellion, in neglected prayer-life, in mechanical, reluctant, or self-congratulatory good works. Let their humanity help them understand others’ needs and difficulties. Do not allow them to fall to scandal that harms others and results in their discredit and dismissal.

Let Your priests neither abandon You in worldliness, nor despair with Judas. Let them learn of Peter. He whom You had so highly favoured, abandoned You in time of greatest need, denying You before men—thus calling upon himself a similar judgement before heaven. Repenting, he trusted Your mercy. To his contrite heart, You imparted grace to reaffirm love for You, responding by raising him to guardianship of Your continuing life on earth, the Church.

Merciful Jesus, who longs to have Your chosen ones with You forever in the glory of Your Kingdom, have mercy on Your strayed and faltering servants. Please give them grace to return or to remain in Your faithful, loving service. 1982

Jesus, where scandal shadows Your priests or Religious, remember that Your own integrity was often questioned. Yet You are sinless God. Even so, You assumed the burden of our sin and died as a criminal. Your followers scattered in shame and fear, and Your cause was discredited. Have mercy, then and restore those hounded by scandal. Where offence is genuine, grant contrition, and pardon the offenders, granting them to rise again in You with courage, love and trust.

Do not permit Your priests or Religious to merit the curse of ‘he who gives scandal to Your little ones’. Where others are damaged or disillusioned by Your minister’s offence or misfortune, please grant repentance and pardon, or exoneration. Heal anyone wounded by his fault, sin, omission, misjudgement or misfortune. Please pardon and heal those who accuse or judge Your priest, for in doing so they may fall into grave sin. You alone may judge Your chosen ones.

By Your incarnation and life, death and resurrection, You restore humankind to a state more enriched than our original state of innocence. You achieved this out of a situation where humankind had so fallen from grace that only the Son of God Himself could redeem us. Please grant such restoration to Your chosen ones, to any soul, who have fallen from grace or reputation.

Renew in them the joyful consciousness of the miracle and mystery of Your love for each person. Grant them insight of the preciousness of each child of God, filling them with gratitude that You allow them to serve.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Thy Kingdom come.
Amen.

Amen.

Strayed or faltering shepherds
Jesus, please safeguard priests as true shepherds of Your people. Be mindful of those who have left Your service. Give them the grace of knowing that You love them and that the Church cares for them.

Some priests and Religiopus abandon their ministry due to overstrain of their human resources, or because of doubt or loneliness. Please grant them renewal and the support of others. Love them back to full use of their faith, courage, generosity, and ability. Return them to Your service, with loving-kindness, right judgement, and peaceful balance in acceptance of human limitations that are made fruitful only through You in faith.

Jesus, do not allow You priests or people to flounder in doubt. Give them grace to repeat humbly—“I believe. Help my unbelief.” To Your priests and Your people, give trust that reaches beyond human limitations into eternal truth.

Heal those weakened by illness, worldliness, sensuality, or discouragement. In healing Your priests and Religious, please enable them to serve according to realistic judgement. To renewed and faithful priests alike, please grant wholeness and peace. Grant them encouragement, with prayerful, practical support of brother priests and parishioners. Every person has responsibility to share in care and support of others and in the mission of Christ. Let all experience Your love and reality in sharing gospel charity with Your ministers and fellow humans.

Where Your love does not animate their witness then egoism, pride or despair may compromise ministry or cause desertion. Do not allow Your priests to be overwhelmed by material desires. Inspire them to approach everything in a balanced manner. Please give renewal of love and grace to all whose hearts falter in self-reliance, in pride, rebellion, in neglected prayer-life, in mechanical, reluctant, or self-congratulatory good works. Let their humanity help them understand others’ needs and difficulties. Do not allow them to fall to scandal that harms others and results in their discredit and dismissal.

Let Your priests neither abandon You in worldliness, nor despair with Judas. Let them learn of Peter. He whom You had so highly favoured, abandoned You in time of greatest need, denying You before men—thus calling upon himself a similar judgement before heaven. Repenting, he trusted Your mercy. To his contrite heart, You imparted grace to reaffirm love for You, responding by raising him to guardianship of Your continuing life on earth, the Church.

Merciful Jesus, who longs to have Your chosen ones with You forever in the glory of Your Kingdom, have mercy on Your strayed and faltering servants. Please give them grace to return or to remain in Your faithful, loving service. 1982

Jesus, where scandal shadows Your priests or Religious, remember that Your own integrity was often questioned. Yet You are sinless God. Even so, You assumed the burden of our sin and died as a criminal. Your followers scattered in shame and fear, and Your cause was discredited. Have mercy, then and restore those hounded by scandal. Where offence is genuine, grant contrition, and pardon the offenders, granting them to rise again in You with courage, love and trust.

Do not permit Your priests or Religious to merit the curse of ‘he who gives scandal to Your little ones’. Where others are damaged or disillusioned by Your minister’s offence or misfortune, please grant repentance and pardon, or exoneration. Heal anyone wounded by his fault, sin, omission, misjudgement or misfortune. Please pardon and heal those who accuse or judge Your priest, for in doing so they may fall into grave sin. You alone may judge Your chosen ones.

By Your incarnation and life, death and resurrection, You restore humankind to a state more enriched than our original state of innocence. You achieved this out of a situation where humankind had so fallen from grace that only the Son of God Himself could redeem us. Please grant such restoration to Your chosen ones, to any soul, who have fallen from grace or reputation.

Renew in them the joyful consciousness of the miracle and mystery of Your love for each person. Grant them insight of the preciousness of each child of God, filling them with gratitude that You allow them to serve.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.