Please Pray for Father David O.Carm

Please pray for my confrere Father David, who was recently diagnosed with renal cancer and lung metastases. David is a great servant of our order - an excellent leader of retreats, archivist to the province and also in the curia in Rome, and pastor in several of our parishes; and a good companion, and always very kind to me and gracious to my family and friends.

Your prayers for his remaining free of pain and for God’s mercy in delivering him from his illness, and His offering of healing of mind, body and spirit will be much appreciated.

Peace and best wishes.

Healing prayers:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day,
our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

He has always been a source of inspiration and moderation in these threads. I will pray that he will keep helping the members of CAF for the longest time.

Thank you for your good wishes, but this confrere is not a poster here. Apologies for any confusion caused.

I was thinking of Br. David O.Carm, but it does not make any difference. I will pay for your confrere.

Father, praying for your confrere. I know the Australian O’Carms will sincerely pray for Father David. Have you contacted them for prayer for their Brother in the Order? If not shall I?
Father David and you all…in my prayers and Masses

Keeping Father David in my prayers.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard to St. Peregrine.

I’m a brother, Trishie, and not a priest, but many thanks for your prayers. Please do tell our Australian friars, yes; they would be informed in time, but this will be quicker.

Your help and your good wishes are very much appreciated. May God be with you.

I’ve emailed the parish with your request, Brother, so I’m sure our O’Carms will begin praying at morning Mass. I’d imagine Fr David would know Fr Jim who also worked in Rome for some time. I’m sorry Father is so ill. I know that you friars, as a Religious family, all mean a great deal to each other.

Saint Peregrine, holy patron against cancer, pray for Father David. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for Father David …

Remembered Fr. David again in Mass today.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.