Please pray for Fr Jack's apostolate of faith and God's love

May I ask ongoing prayer for the ministry of Fr. Jack Soulsby S.M., a native of Cornwall U.K. who resides in Brisbane, Australia . He is a former Civil Engineer, and is a member of the society of Mary .

He has been working full time in spiritual renewal & evangelisation …since 1980 and has ministered in 83 nations in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Pacific, including Papua New Guinea. He has… preached at open air crusades in Nigeria and Ghana, taken groups of Australians to large ecumenical renewal conferences in USA, led pilgrimages to Europe, the Holy Land and " In the footsteps of St.Paul", embarked on an " Aids safari " in Uganda, held healing services for lepers in Sudan, ministered to Mozambican refugees in Malawi, Liberian refugees in Sierra Leone, Sudanese war victims in Kenya, and to genocide victims in Rwanda, trained evangelists in a number of nations, and introduced or encouraged renewal in such nations as Namibia, Botswana, Ethiopia, Uganda, Marshall Islands, etc. and most recently in Nepal, the Philippines, Malaysia, Pakistan, Belarus, and East Timor …
Several groups have been initiated in Australia to offer God praise and worship, run Life in the Spirit Seminars, help Ugandan orphans, redeem Sudanese slaves, etc .

Fr Jack’s ministry includes
basic renewal,
spiritual growth along with the desire and action to spread news of God’s Love.
It also seeks to train would be evangelists
and offers rallies and crusades to reach out to the lapsed and those not yet Christian .

Fr.Jack prefers to work with those who are physically and spiritually poor , displaced people, refugees, slaves, aids and war victims, and those who are " like sheep without a shepherd."
His greatest desire is to see the average person discover and use all their gifts, ministries and fruits of the Spirit , for the delight and glory of God, for their personal joy, and to have maximum effect on the people they love, their neighbourhood and nation.

I’ve not seen him for some years but regularly receive wonderfully inspiring newletters of this faith-filled, kind priest. I emailed him last evening and asked if he’d like me to put up a prayer thread in CAF for him and his ministry, and all whom he ministers to in his travels.

Fr Jack’s response was unadulterated Fr Jack!

"Do go ahead with CAF - I can use all the prayers I can get - for myself & for this ministry.

As for you being unworthy of Mary McKillop, I think:

a) she would say that quicker than you. It is said that the holier one gets, the more aware & dismayed one becomes over sin.

b). Worthiness?
Would God’s evaluation of you help a little?
How about
i) Highly Favoured One?
ii) How about Beloved Daughter?
iii) How about: “Fire!”,
iv) How about “Chosen Instrument”?

Why not spend time with the Song of Songs. Personalise it. Jesus is the Groom & you the Bride & then BELIEVE what you read. AGREE with it!

Fr Jack"

For Fr Jack, and for each of us

Spirit of divine Love

Holy Spirit, You proceed uncreated from Father and Son, as their eternal Love. Spirit of Love please flood us with God’s love, for Saint Paul assures us that “The love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.” [Romans 5:5]

Through Baptism and Confirmation, You empower us as messengers of God’s word. Through You, the living Word of God flows out from the Church to the world. The word proclaimed in the liturgy before the worshipping assembly of the Church, disseminates through Your power. You, who spoke through the prophets, please continue to speak God’s word in our lives as we live gospel love.

Through You, we receive faith that empowers us to fulfil God’s law of love. Give us trust, hope and wisdom that enable Your love to permeate our lives. Give us grace to accept Your inspiration and guidance in the Church, for You use Scripture, the Sacraments, and the teachings and precepts of the Church to instruct, enlighten, and encourage, to admonish and guide us.

With Spirit-filled discussion and reflection, You deepen our insight of truth in tradition, faith and morals. Your ministers are successors to the apostles and prophets. Please keep them faithful to gospel truth. All Your people share in this minstry. Please help us to live it to the fullest in our lives!

Let joy and peace, which is fruit of Your love, fill our hearts, spilling into others’ lives. We give praise and thanks, Holy Spirit that You share God’s life and being with us.

March 1999 [from my journal. Inspiration drawn from Documents of Vatican 2—62; 81: 2a 4, 3a 7; 104:13; 114 Part 2:1:13]

It occurs to me that, while praying for Fr Jack’s ministry, It would be true to also pray for ourselves in the spirit of his ministry, I think. I flicked to my journal to see if I already have writen something that would encapsulate prayer worthy of his ministry

Dear Lord, help us not only to pray for Fr. Jack’s ministry, but for our own spiritual growth and evangelism, so that his ministry spreads directly in us also.

Desire to help others

God please intercede in me all my life for other people. Accept as prayer, my desire to help others, and bless them in all our interactions. Accept as prayer for others, every breath, heartbeat and cell of my body, every thought, word and act of my life. Let all I am as child of God, be united with Your love for others. Let me become a living “amen” to all Your loving hopes and dreams for other people. This can only be realised through Your merciful love, which You reveal through Jesus in those who follow His ways.

Allow Your Spirit in me to spiritually locate the sad and abused, lonely and despairing, anywhere in any age, so that I may obtain the word or touch that decides them for life, goodness and love. I wish no person, however wretched or sinful, however lukewarm or obnoxious, to feel overlooked. Yet if only I were not such a poor instrument. Yet in this period of history, a two-dollar piece of paper with a few hopeful symbols upon it, can win even as much as twenty million dollars. Likewise let me ‘win’ Your Mercy (which each trusting soul can win) so that I may truly be able to help others. **February 2002 **

I ask You to heal any way I fail to live with spontaneity and joy, and enhance my capacity to cheer and bless others. I ask You to heal any way I fail Your loving dream of me, and any failure to promote the fulfilment of Your dreams for anyone. I trust You to heal anyone who judges me, of the burden of their judgement, as it may pointlessly distract and irritate them. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person whom You created me to be. Bless anyone who sees the reflection of God’s grace in me. Bless those who welcome me as a friend.

Thank You for the love, affection, attentiveness and affirmation that You inspire in me for others. Help me to flourish joyfully as the person that You created me to be in order that I may bring Your love and kindness to others.

Jesus please spread even here, Fr Jack’s ministry of the recognition of ourselves as loved child of God, whose joy in living is to be Christ to others,
and to inspire others to see themselves as beloved child of God who is Christ to others in every way that is possible to each.

Jesus make me who I really am in You

Dear Jesus, God dreamed and loved me into existence. Please be merciful to my Creator by ensuring that I fully live God’s dream of me. Please help me to become truly that person, so that others can experience Your love, goodness, and beauty in me, and can receive the blessings You intend for them through me.

Let me delight You, by being an open doorway into You for others. Let me be a living tabernacle of Your love, an overflowing crystal chalice of Your love, a powerhouse of prayer and an instrument of Your love and healing to others. Please Jesus, make me who I am in the dream God always had of me. 2003

With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit. To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication for all the holy ones and also for me, that speech may be given me to open my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel for which I am an ambassador in chains, so that I may have the courage to speak as I must.*
Ephesians 6:18-20

Heavenly Father, I pray for Fr. Jack, that speech may be given him to open his mouth
and make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel for which he is an ambassador.
May he always be filled with Your Holy Spirit, and may his ministry be blessed.
In Jesus name. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not
into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and
at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

For our intentions for Father Jack and his ministry:

Psalm 90:

Teach us to count our days aright,
that we may gain wisdom of heart.
Relent, O Lord! How long?
Have pity on your servants!
Fill us at daybreak with your love,
that all of our days we may sing for joy.
Make us glad as many days as you humbled us,
for as many years as we have seen trouble.
Show your deeds to your servants,
your glory to their children.
May the favor of the Lord our God be ours.

Prosper the work of our hands!
Prosper the work of our hands!

Amen.

For our intentions for Father Jack and his ministry:

St. Paul’s Letter to the Romans, 12:9-18:

Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good;
love one another with mutual affection; anticipate one another
in showing honor. Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit,
serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere
in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise
hospitality. Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not
curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those
who weep. Have the same regard for one another; do not be
haughty but associate with the lowly; do not be wise in your
own estimation. Do not repay anyone evil for evil; be concerned
for what is noble in sight of all. If possible, on your part,
live at peace with all.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not
into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and
at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.