Please pray for friend who is on the verge of suicide

Please pray for a Catholic friend of mine who is down on his luck and sinking fast. He has no real home, lives in a cheap, sleazy hotel in New York, cannot find work, and is running out of money. He has also been talking about committing suicide but refuses to seek help.

Pray for him.

Prayers offered

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I’m praying for him

Praying hard. May God protect him.

Do anything you can to intervene, even if it means calling every family member to make them aware of the situation. That person’s feelings are temporary but if they are contemplating it, then they are capable of it. Will include in my prayers.

Jesus please inspire and arrange wise and immediate reassurance and practical support.
Please send Your holy Angels to surround, protect, and lead him.
May Your loving will for him be radiantly fulfilled in his life.

May the Lord bless your friend and keep him safe and comforted. May your friend find the grace and strength in our Lord to continue. Amen.

:gopray2:

I will remember your friend in my prayers this evening. May he come to realize that God is with us in all our trials and sufferings and may this knowledge kindle love and faith in his weary heart. May he not give into despair, but find hope in God and through those who love him.

I will also ask God to remember the concern you have for your friend and the wonderful display of charity you have shown by asking us to pray for his welfare. May the Lord repay you for your compassion.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying hard.

Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven, give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses are we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Continuing prayers for help and healing …

:gopray:

Amen.

Thank you all so much for your sincere prayers. No change to report yet, but at least he isn’t any worse.

Our God we commend this friend to Your loving care.
Please lead him to the healing he needs, and ensure that he receives the wise support he needs from his family and others around him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.