Please pray for Heath, teenage boy with cancer

This is a terribly sad story, but I’m praying for a happy, miraculous ending!

A coworker of mine has a friend that she met, when her own son was going through chemo treatment for a rare childhood cancer. Her boy is now 19 and recovered, but the woman she met a few years back, her son is now 17 and he is doing poorly. He has lost function of one of his lungs last night, and hospice has been called in. The bright spot in all of this is that Heath’s mom seems to have a newfound zeal for her Christian faith. I thought she said she was Catholic–can’t fully recall that part, now.

But, if you could join me in praying for this young man. He sounds so brave, and confident that he will pull through, despite medical reports to the contrary. Thank you, and may God bless you – Merry Christmas.

I have a teenage boy… can’t imagine what this family must be going through. :frowning: I will pray.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I know, me too. I can’t imagine this.:frowning: My friend at work will forward me some of Heath’s mom’s emails to her, and the sorrow mixed with a sense of acceptance is enough to make the hardest of hearts, soften. I remember when she said Heath’s mom was very angry for a while, but now, she sounds so peaceful…and has surrendered everything to God. I just can’t imagine. I pray we never have to go through this. I have lost loved ones before, but to lose a child…I would cling to Christ certainly, but I’d be weeping on His shoulder 24/7, I think. Thank you for your prayers.

And thank you phoenix, as well.

Jesus please continue to flood Your graces to Heath and his mother.
They will be in my prayers and Masses.

Praying for Heath and his family.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty,” “The Wonder-Worker,” because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Heath)

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

:gopray:

Praying for Heath!

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.