Please pray for Maggie - Very Serious!

Hi everyone. Could you all please pray for Maggie? She has a blood clot in her leg and needs prayers that it would not travel up her leg into her heart or her brain. Please pray for her!

My friend Maggie is suffering from a blood clot. Please pray for her and all victims of blood clots. Gloria Dei.

Amen Eucharisted. :crossrc:

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for Maggie. :crossrc:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

I am also a friend of Maggie so this is of utmost importance to me. I suggested to her that she get anointed by a priest for her blood clot. Please pray that she would heed this advice and be anointed as soon as possible.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Bump!

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Father of goodness and love, hear our prayers for the sick members of our community and for all who are in need. Amid mental and physical suffering may they find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you close wounds, cure illness, make broken bodies whole and free downcast spirits. May these special people find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus who healed those who believed. Amen.

Amen.

Lord, please heal Maggie’s blood clot and make her free from the danger of immanent death. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Father God I lift my sister Maggie up to You Lord and ask that You would dissolve this blood clot that it may cause no damage to her life or capabilities. Father keep her healthy in You I pray and give her peace in You. Father we rest this in You knowing our life truly is in You. I ask O Lord that you would give my dear sister peace at night that she may be able to sleep knowing she is safely in Your hands and that she can place her heart in Your heart. I humbly ask Lord that You would also provide her doctors with wisdom for the long term treatment of this. Guide and protect her I pray in Jesus Name. Amen

Dear Jesus please ensure for Maggie the early detection of such threats to her brain, heart, and lungs, so that she can remain safe and fully active and well.
Please free Maggie’s blood of the danger of blood clots and the threats to her health and life.
Encourage her doctor to give her exactly the right medication and advice to protect her.
Please embrace her with Your love and peace.
A warm hug, Maggie

Jesus You know this intention is poignant for me as my mother, also Margaret, didn’t have a doctor who was as helpful and alert as Maggie’s, and so we lost her.
Therefore I implore You with all my heart to take good care of Maggie.

Dear Jesus please ensure for Maggie the early detection of such threats to her brain, heart, and lungs, so that she can remain safe and fully active and well.
Please free Maggie’s blood of the danger of blood clots and the threats to her health and life.
Encourage her doctor to give her exactly the right medication and advice to protect her.
Please embrace her with Your love and peace.

Holly:

That was good advice - As St. James the Apostle said:
Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.
James 5:13-18 ESV

Please, also remind Maggie to follow the advice of her physicians. I know we like to make wisecracks about Mark 5:25-2 – “And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse.” (Mk 5:25-26 NIV).

Remember. St. Paul the Apostle had St. Luke as his own personal physician, and I’m sure St. Paul’s advice to St. Timothy about drinking “a little wine to settle your stomach” came from St. Luke… A good doctor can be a Godsend, exp. if we follow his/her orders. I remember three who were just that (each saved my life in his own way) when I had my Acoustic Tumor.

Tell Maggie to also get someone to help her work through the Bureaucracy to get whatever treatment she needs. HMO’s and Government Health-care Systems both have their own sets of problems and hurdles. I’ve dealt with those posed by an HMO on several different occasions… I’m not nearly as familiar with Government Systems, but I do know having a “Advocate” who knows something about Medicine and something about how to deal with a bureaucracy will really help someone, esp. in a situation such as Maggie’s in now…

Your Brother & Servant in Christ, Michael

Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen.

Maggie is in my prayers.

Almighty and Eternal God,
You are the everlasting health of those who believe in You.
Hear us for Your sick servant Maggie
for whom we implore the aid of Your tender mercy,
that being restored to bodily health,
she may give thanks to You in Your Church.
Through Christ our Lord.

Amen

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.