Please pray for me and my former doctor

Dear all, this week I was forced to terminate my relationship with my doctor after he espoused a strict atheistic and deterministic world view. His philosophy denies the existence of consciousness (!), morality, and pretty much… everything. Given that I sought his help to alleviate my existential fears, you can understand why this was problematic. He told me to do whatever felt good or made me happy (ironically denying his earlier assertion that we have no free will and the movement of all the atoms in our body was predetermined from the foundation of the universe), regardless of what it is. :banghead:

Pray for his soul, and please pray for mine. I’ve found a Catholic doctor in the area and will be seeing him next week. I hope I can hold out until then. Aquinas and Chesterton have proven helpful, as has the care of my loving wife. But my mind is walking a very thin line right now. Thanks.

You did the right thing. I will keep you in my prayers. I am lucky because I have found almost all Catholic doctors and feel we are on the same page and beliefs. :blessyou:

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

prayers for your intentions.
grandma glor

May the Divine Physician, the Lord Jesus, be with you to heal and lead you. How blessed you are to know the path to follow so that you are not lead by erroneous guides; and how blessed you are to have a kind, supportive wife! You are blessed, because regardless of what you endure, you are close to the Lord Jesus.

I bless You Lord Jesus, because in bringing to the attention of our brother that there are doctors whose teaching is far removed from the gospels, he is inspired to ask our prayers for such doctors and their patients, that the former may be enlightenend and the latter protected.

God bless you, dear friend!

you and everyone on this board are in my prayers.

Praying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.