Please pray for me - anxiety with depression

Dear all

Please pray for me. I have been suffering from depression for a long time now, but right now I am relapsing, having panic attacks, anxieties, etc. Today I have started with a new therapist, but have come home feeling very vulnerable.

Please pray that this will pass, I shall resolve my issues quickly and effectively, and that this illness will not (continue to) adversely affect my marriage.

Deepest thanks in advance.

Dear Levavi,

You and your intentions will be in my daily prayer. I pray that you persevere and trust completely in our Lord, totally surrendered to his merciful love. I pray that your new therapist does wonders for you, and that your marriage, through the graces received from your communions, confessions, and prayer, keeps as strong and healthy as possible and centered wholly on the Lord. Mary, Mother of God and our Mother, please intercede on behalf of this couple and ask your Son Jesus to help preserve this couple’s marriage and to protect it from all harm. Thank you, dear Mother. Amen.

Dear Levavi as a fellow sufferer and with a son who also suffers anxiety/panic attacks I sympathise greatly.You are certainly in my prayers.Pray throughout the day and talk to God.He will help have confidence in Him.God bless

Prayer of Confidence to St. Anthony
Most holy St. Anthony, Beloved Friend of Jesus, I place myself in your heavenly care. Be with me, especially in life’s troubles and difficulties. Intercede before the Lord for me, so that I may confidently know I do not face my problems alone.

I join my prayers to yours, O Great Saint, as I ask God to give me consolation in times of sorrow, courage when I am afraid, and healing from all the ills that afflict me.

Obtain for me from God, Most High, the grace to accept whatever is God’s holy will for me and my loved ones. Strengthen my faith so that I will never despair, but always have hope in God’s healing presence and power in my life. Amen

Dear Levavi, Really feel for you and will remember you in my prayers. I pray that our Heavenly Father will take away all of your anxiety and fill you with complete inner peace. I also ask for our Blessed Mother Mary to help you. Thinking of you Levavi. xx

I will pray for you tonight. As someone who also suffers from bad anxiety I know how you are feeling. Just remember that this too shall pass.

Jesus said, Do not be Afraid. Do not let your hearts be troubled!
I also have had depression a long time ago, but by the grace of God I came out of it and weaned off my medication only by the grace of God. I’m not saying you should do this or there will be consequences. I’m saying keep receiving all the Sacraments, go to a prayer group maybe, walk in the sunshine outdoors, keep busy, offer your suffering to Jesus for the Holy Souls in Purgatory or Souls who are in most need of Mercy.
Pray to St Dymphna, she is the patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders.
Your suffering is not in vain.
God has a plan for everyone, there is Hope!
Fight depression and rise up above your feelings.
I’m praying for you!

I sympathize with you, too. I suffered with reactive depression and panic attacks since I was 16 (though there was evidence of it in my history before then). I felt so helpless, but part of my problem is I could not open up about what was causing the problem (low self-esteem and reaction to friend’s death). It took several years before I finally resolved to open up and seek the help I needed to get better. I am finally out of therapy and off my medication and doing pretty well. If I can do it, you can do it to. I’ll pray for you to have the confidence in God that you need in order to feel well again. Don’t admit defeat! We are all behind you! :thumbsup:

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.
Amen.

You are not alone, sooner or later we all seemingly suffer the loss of Peace. When we are going through those times, it is so hard to climb out of the darkness. Even David had periods of depression as expressed in the Psalms. I know that even with his depression God loved him and God said that David had a heart after his own. David also told us how he came out of that state , he praised the Lord continually.

In the past people used to tell me to have " an attitude of gratitude" , I hated to hear that, I wanted to do anything , but think of positive things, but it works. I would start with the most simple thing that I could think of and just start going with anything that came to mind and I told God that I was trying to get out of this, please help me as I changed my thinking from how down I am to how blessed I am and how faithful you have been to me. For me to know that only by God’s grace I live and breath and have by being is a great comfort. His will is that we all live in peace , so we pray for his will and he does the rest.

My heart and prayers go out to you and may God’s face shine upon you and grant you Peace.

your sister in Christ

Continued prayers for you
A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Praying for your healing …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear all

Thank you for your prayers. Since I first posted I have talked to a priest, seen an old therapist I had, and been to the GP.

I have decided it's best if I start up the the anti-depressant tablets again, as my anxiety levels are sky-high.

Your continued prayers are much appreciated and I shall dedicate my Rosary today for all those who have posted.

Many thanks.

Dear Levavi you remain in my prayers.You have certainly done all the right things.Well done.
I have so much admiration for you being so proactive.Give the meds a chance to kick in.Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.May God bless you and guide you through this

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion
- inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us
and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments
we might not despair
nor become despondent,
but with great confidence
submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen

Thank you - that's a beautiful prayer - I didn't know it - where does it come from?

It is from the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy of St.Faustina

Try this link www.catholicity.com/prayer/divinemercy.html -
There are many sites you will find this.Google the prayer.
More prayers for you my friend

I will lie down in peace, and sleep comes at once
for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

—Psalm 4:9

A PRAYER
FOR PEACE OF MIND
(By Saint Francis Xavier Cabrini)

FORTIFY me with the grace of Your Holy Spirit
and give Your peace to my soul
that I may be free from all needless anxiety,
solicitude and worry.
Help me to desire always
that which is pleasing and acceptable to You
so that Your will may be my will.
Amen

Praying to St. Dymphna for your complete recovery.

In my thoughts and prayers

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

A PRAYER
FOR PEACE OF MIND
(By Saint Francis Xavier Cabrini)

FORTIFY me with the grace of Your Holy Spirit
and give Your peace to my soul
that I may be free from all needless anxiety,
solicitude and worry.
Help me to desire always
that which is pleasing and acceptable to You
so that Your will may be my will
Amen

Prayer for the Help of the Holy Spirit
O God, send forth your Holy Spirit into my heart that I may perceive, into my mind that I may remember, and into my soul that I may meditate. Inspire me to speak with piety, holiness, tenderness and mercy. Teach, guide and direct my thoughts and senses from beginning to end. May your grace ever help and correct me, and may I be strengthened now with wisdom from on high, for the sake of your infinite mercy. Amen.

Saint Anthony of Padua

Dear friend please know that you are in my thoughts & prayers.God bless

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion

• inexhaustible,
    look kindly upon us
    and increase Your mercy in us,
    that in difficult moments
    we might not despair
    nor become despondent,
    but with great confidence
    submit ourselves to Your holy will,
    which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.