Please pray for me as I move forward

I have posted here occasionally about issues with my family of origin (an alcoholic family and all that comes along with it) and my husband’s questionable fidelity. It has been almost 5 years since I started figuring out some of the lies he’s told regarding other women. I have done everything in my power to do my share in healing this marriage and forgiving, and very little has changed. His questionable behavior with young, singl women is starting up again (I don’t think it entirely ever quit). Three priests over the years have told me I would be justified in leaving, the last being the priest who married us and said, “This is NOT a marriage.”

I have taken the first steps toward divorce. I didn’t want to do this. I don’t want to hurt our children. I am scared of the future on my own. Given my family’s alcoholic issues, I don’t plan on going to them for any support. I’m terrified of the paperwork and time and expense of divorce.

Yet I feel at peace about the decision. I know I have truly done all I can do.

Please pray for me through the next year or two. Please pray for my children.

Somtimes a divorce is the only solution, however bad, to an impossible situation.

Ave Maria. . . Ave Maria. . . Ave Maria. . .

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

holyrood I am so sorry for your suffering and pain.Your mental and physical health are important.You have been discerning this for some time.Only you will know what is in your heart and what you can withstand.God loves you.I pray for your safety,your future and your sanity.God bless you.

Prayer to St. Dymphna - Hope
Good St. Dymphna, you placed all your hope in Christ’s promises, and sacrificed even your life in that hope. The Lord, God, rewarded your constancy by making your name known and loved over many centuries by the thousands whom you have aided in time of difficulty. Please assist us now in our present necessity, and intercede before God for our intentions. Obtain for us a firm hope like your own in God’s unfailing protection. Amen.

Healing Novena
To Christ the Great Physician
We know that there is one physician:
Both flesh and spirit
uncreated, yet born
God in man
True life in death
From both Mary and From God
Subject to suffering and then impassible
Jesus Christ our Lord!

We ask O Great Physician, for spiritual, physical, and emotional healing, especially my intention of holyrood.
You of both flesh and spirit

May we spend all of our days in your healing presence
You the eternal Son born for us

Grant us the healing benefits of your Incarnation, Death, and Resurrection
You who are true God and true man

Grant us your true life in the midst of death
You, the true life in death

Grant us to follow your example and that of your Blessed Mother
You, from both Mary and from God

May our suffering be for our growth; free us, we pray, from that which we cannot bear
We ask You, O God the Word who became man to suffer

We ask you to grant us this healing if it brings us closer to you,
Jesus Christ our Lord!
Amen

Holyrood,
If you were married in the church, you do know you cannot divorce your husband? pray about it, just try not to go against the rules of the church.

may Jesus continue to guide you. fight the good fight with faith.

Odopa, I was married in the church, and three priests over the years have told me I would be justified in seeking divorce and that they will start the annulment process, which can only start after a divorce. One stated clearly that what I am in is not a marriage at all. I have prayed, fasted, and discerned for years, and I feel at peace with this decision.

holyrood you are in my thoughts and prayers.Of course you are not expected to stay in an ‘abusive’ marriage and the church would not encourage you to.I am very sorry for you and very sad.You have clearly thought long and hard about this.
You are being very brave and God loves you and is with you always.

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Praying for you and your family ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we turn to you, O Virgins of virgins, our Mother. To you we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, do not despise our petitions, but in your mercy hear us and answer us. Amen

You’ll be in my daily prayer holyrood. I’m sorry about your husband being unfaithful. I pray that the Lord keeps you and your family under his constant care and protection and helps you with your paperwork and expenses as you prepare for your divorce and annulment. I’m glad you are at peace with your decision. May our Lord always keep you in this peace in the depths of your soul by granting you the strength and healing necessary to endure faithfully and to keep to holy. Peace and God bless!

Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Still requesting prayers. Thank you all.

Dear Lord for holyrood and her children we pray.Grant holyrood courage
and strength to face the difficult decisions in her life ahead.Her life has
been full of challenges and she has suffered greatly.Lord please grant help
to come on a practical level for her and her children.May the children feel
secure and unharmed by all the consequences of the husbands infidelty and
hurtful behaviour.Lord please heal the hurt inholyrood and gran her peace and
calm that she may gain strength to move on with her life and be the parent and stabel
influence to her children.Times will be very hard and painful for her.Please may she
feel Your infinite love surround her throught the really tough times.Lord please bless
this dear lady and her children.Please open the heart and mind of the husband that
he recognises his responsibilities and shows love and consideration to his children
and his wife.Lord Your will be done.Please help holyrood through this.Amen

Prayer in Time of Suffering
Behold me, my beloved Jesus,
weighed down under the burden of my trials and sufferings,
I cast myself at Your feet,
that You may renew my strength and my courage,
while I rest here in Your Presence.
Permit me to lay down my cross in Your Sacred Heart,
for only Your infinite goodness can sustain me;
only Your love can help me bear my cross;
only Your powerful hand can lighten its weight.
O Divine King, Jesus,
whose heart is so compassionate to the afflicted,
I wish to live in You;
suffer and die in You.
During my life be to me my model and my support;
At the hour of my death,
be my hope and my refuge.

Amen.

Prayer for Gods Guidance
Father in Heaven,
You made me Your child
and called me to walk in the Light of Christ.
Free me from darkness
and keep me in the Light of Your Truth.
The Light of Jesus has scattered
the darkness of hatred and sin.
Called to that Light,
I ask for Your guidance.
Form my life in Your Truth,
my heart in Your Love.
Through the Holy Eucharist,
give me the power of Your Grace
that I may walk in the Light of Jesus
and serve Him faithfully.
Amen

Praying hard for you and your children.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Jesus Help me.
In every need let me come to you
with a humble trust saying,
Jesus help me.

In all my doubts,
perplexities and temptations,
Jesus help me.

In hours of loneliness,
weariness and trials,
Jesus help me.

In failure of my plans and hopes,
in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows,
Jesus help me.

When others fail me
and your grace alone can assist me,
Jesus help me.

When I throw myself on your tender love,
as my Lord and Saviour,
Jesus help me.

When my heart is cast down by failure
at seeing no good coming from my efforts,
Jesus help me.

When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work
and I am lonely,
Jesus help me.

Always, always, in spite of weariness,
falls and shortcomings of every kind,
Jesus help me and never forsake me.

Almighty Lord,
before you I come with all my faith,
begging you for comfort in my difficulties.
Do not forsake me, my Lord.
Open your doors,
that your almighty arms will open and close
as you design to give that tranquility that I so desire.

Oh my God!
Receive my supplication from a wounded heart
that is always fighting for me
with your Divine power.
Never let me scramble for want of help.

Almighty Lord,
assist me to find shelter in your celestial bounty forever.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.