Please pray for me (depression)

Hi all,

Please pray for me as I struggle with depression and hopelessness halfway through college.

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling so much…perhaps lonely and finding study difficult because you’re feeling down-hearted.
I ask Jesus to help you to find good friends who will help you through any loneliness and any difficulties in progressing.
I ask Him to draw you towards more positive feelings and attitudes as you continue through college.
God bless you, dear.
Take care of yourself…Trishie

Praying to St. Dymphna for you to overcome your depression and find peace of mind and happiness!

My son struggles with this will pray for you :gopray2:

Praying for you.

Praying for you, that you will be blessed with happiness and success while finishing your time at college.

God bless you
TL

Lifting you up in prayer! Have you sought help for your depression?

God Bless!

Praying for you…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Don’t be discouraged. You can be successful, even when you are struggling. Call out to the Lord. Believe in his power. Remember the Lord caught hold of Peter when he was sinking in the sea. Remember He wants to help you not lose you. You are precious to Him. When we are weak and helpless He holds us very close to His heart.
I am praying for you.

Still praying for your happiness and peace of mind!

prayers for you to stay strong, persevere and have mental peace…

kate

Hi all,

Yes, I have sought some help at school. Yet I struggle, my mental state is altered. I have lost confidence on my own intellectual abilities. My self-esteem is low. I want to feel the protection of our Lord as I do not see the worth of myself.

Please pray for me.

aazucena, you’d be amazed at how many of us have felt that way from time to time. We get through and I pray that you will also.

I’ll pray for you a couple of prayers I’ve written in periods when I’ve battled with self worth and discouragement about myself etc

‘Love others…as yourself’
Jesus when You command us to love others as ourselves, You require something more challenging than simply to “love others.” The embedded touchstone in that command is “love your self.”

Many people lack proper self-esteem, making it difficult for them to genuinely value others. However, Scripture exhorts, “value yourself at your proper worth. Who can justify a man who runs himself down, or respect a man who despises himself.”
[Ecclesiasticus 10:28-29]

If we do fail to love ourselves correctly, we cannot accept God’s love. Let us never imagine ourselves hidden from Your mercy: ‘“Can anyone hide in a dark corner without my seeing him?’ asks the Lord.” [Jeremiah 23-24]

The concept of rightly loving oneself in order to love others as God’s precious children may be confused with the selfishness that ruins unselfish self-love. It requires us to reject negative self-talk and responses. “If a man is mean to himself, to whom will he be good?” [Ecclesiasticus 14:3].

Growth in Christian self-love is facilitated by “filling your mind with everything that is true, everything that is noble, and everything that is pure and good” [Philippians 4:8] and serving “in works of love.” It is allowing the Spirit to direct your life and then “you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence. What the Spirit brings is…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, trustfulness, gentleness and self-control.” [Galatians 5:13, 16, 26, 22-23]

Jesus, help us to fittingly love ourselves. You do not wish us to disparage ourselves but to see ourselves as loved, forgiven children of God. A poor self-image may compare to our perception of ‘clouds’. To observers, clouds appear to be impressive, substantial and tangible. However, within themselves the clouds seem damp, insubstantial and misty.

Jesus, let us not belittle ourselves in comparison to others because of our personal uncertainties and inadequacies. Let us live in sincere acceptance of self, that unique gift of Your creative love. help us to see ourselves as loved children of God. Jesus, help me to know that You really love me. Help me to love myself so that I can love You and others love others truly.

Continued prayers …

:gopray:

A second prayer I wrote in trying to value myself a God’s child, payed on your behalf and that of all who struggle and suffer as you are. May God’s Spirit life you!!!:

Confidence in God’s merciful love

God, You command that I forgive and rightly cherish myself. Like many people in human history, I often find it difficult to sincerely and consistently love the ‘self’ that I find mirrored in my consciousness. I know that You can bring me to appreciate the miracle and privilege of my existence!

How can I refuse to love what God loves! You treasure me, as You love and treasure each unique, human person that You create. Yet I need much grace to love this betrayer of my true being and purpose, myself! I betray Your loving creation of me by failing to be fully ‘the person I am created to be’.

You love each person so much that it led to the incarnation of Your divine Son, and to His redemption of humankind. Jesus is Your response to my betrayal of my destiny and me. Yet frequently I am unconvinced or indifferent before these astounding gifts of divine love for me and for every person!

Please give me grace to value each person as Your beloved and eternal gift. Inspire me with faith and gratitude for the gift of myself, for the lives of dear ones and of all people. Grant that these human gifts are shaped by Your love to become everlasting gifts to You, and through You, eternal gifts to each other person.

Through Jesus, You taught us that cheerful, loving mutual service of others leads to fulfilment of Your creative will. Therefore, give me grace to faithfully say ‘yes’ to Your loving purpose by active respect and charity to others and me. Delight Yourself in me by forming me into the unselfish, joyful, helpful and prayerful person You dreamed me to be for You and others’ souls for time and eternity.

Hi aazucena, reading your post, I felt like I could have written those words. I too am struggling with depression in college, and I can empathize with doubting my intellectual abilities and feeling like I’m not worth anything. It hasn’t been a good two years so far. I wish I had some advice for you about how to change that mindset, but unfortunately I don’t yet. The only real advice I can give is, don’t isolate yourself. I know for me, when I’m feeling down I don’t even want to leave my room to go to class, let alone things I don’t absolutely have to go to, but that does no good at all, just tanks my state of mind (not to mention grades) even further. I really hope that you have good friends at your college who care about you - that can be the best thing for depression, I think. Above all, know that you are a child of God, made in His image, and thus you have SO MUCH value and worth, that can never be measured by grades, or any other standard devised by man. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself, and know that God loves you and always will! I will pray for you :slight_smile:

LORD Jesus
Heal and Comfort ur Child

It’s easy to feel overwelmed during school. You can burnout rather quickly around exam time. I’ve been there.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Please relieve azzucena of the depression she has been suffering during college. Send to her soul some of your peace which you have in your most loving and sacred heart. Remind her of how much you love all of us regardless of how sinful and unworthy we are. Bring her to the fountain of your mercy, so that she can drink from it and share that love with others at school and be joyful.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Still praying very hard for you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.