Please pray for me, desperate for prayers please!

I posted this elsewhere, but it’s easiest to just cut and past.

When all you get are crosses. One after another, after another. My life is filled with crosses. One more added today. :crying: Only more crosses are added, rarely is one taken away. What is God calling me to? And why me? Why do others get comfort and normalcy and I get crosses? Big heavy, crushing crosses. I didn’t sign up for this. I’m not strong enough. How do I carry this weight, how do I keep going on. Every day feels like a nightmare. A bad dream that I must somehow move through, but I just want to wake up. I want the nightmare to be over. I don’t want to have to live like this day in and day out, and yet, I have no choice. I can either be crushed by heavy crosses, or deny my faith. Of course I’ll take the crosses, but it’s hard. So incredibly hard to let yourself be crushed (in a sense) by God and the weight of all the crosses He gives when all you want to do is be loved and nurtured and held by Him. But comfort and consolation are not for me. I get pain, sorrow, sadness, suffering, loss. Sometimes I like to be on here just to read about the normalcy of life. My life seems far from normal right now. I don’t know if I’ve ever been ‘normal,’ or really even what that must be like without reading about it. It’s so hard. I need some strength and support and cyber hugs. Please pray for me. I’m really desperately needing prayers right now. :crying:

I don’t know why. I wish you well.

I will keep you in my prayers. I recommend that you pray the Living Stations of the Cross as written by Mother Angelica for EWTN. It has brought such comfort to me in times of suffering and trials.

ewtn.com/devotionals/Stations/face.htm

Behold me, my beloved Jesus,
weighed down under the burden of my trials and sufferings,
I cast myself at Your feet,
that You may renew my strength and my courage,
while I rest here in Your Presence.
Permit me to lay down my cross in Your Sacred Heart,
for only Your infinite goodness can sustain me;
only Your love can help me bear my cross;
only Your powerful hand can lighten its weight.
O Divine King, Jesus,
whose heart is so compassionate to the afflicted,
I wish to live in You;
suffer and die in You.
During my life be to me my model and my support;
At the hour of my death,
be my hope and my refuge.
Amen.

:console:

Perhaps it is possible that you are depressed? Or need some other kind of counselling?

You are in my heart and in my prayers!

The more Crosses you bear in this life, the sooner you see God’s Perfect Love in Heaven! What a Joyous Blessing for everything in this life is passing, but Life in Heaven with God is Eternal!

“In this you rejoice, though now for a little while you may have to suffer various trials…” (1 Peter 1:6)

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Try to remember that as you carry your cross for Jesus, He is carrying the other end.
May Our Lord Bless you and bring Peace in your heart.+

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end

Amen

Convert in 99, be comforted by the fact that you are in my prayers. Also, your plight reminded me of an eye-opening read I came across recently–Chapter 1 of the Gift of Faith, by Father Tadeusz Dajczer (imprimatur by the Bishop of Elphin, Ireland).

He specifically talks about how faith applies to people that are in suffering, and gives very, very comforting words. Below is a summary of what he wrote. Most comforting was the the prayers of St. Bernadette that he shared with us at the end of the chapter (included below).

Faith is a different way of looking at the world, a way that we are not accustomed to looking at it.

To have faith means to be able to constantly see the loving Presence of God in every moment of our lives. Faith allows us to notice that every moment of our lives is a moment with the Presence that is loving each of us. Through faith, we see that each moment of our lives brings God’s love. Faith gives us the confidence and inner peace and security of knowing that we are always immersed in God’s love. If we would remember this, if we would believe that we are always immersed in the merciful love of God, who never abandons us, then it is certain that we would never fall. Every moment of our lives is permeated with the love of the Presence that always encompasses us. Everything that we experience is linked to the love of God who loves us, and to His desire for our good. If we saw all the countless gifts and love God is constantly bestowing upon us, we would never be sad.

Every moment of our lives is a gift from God. As St. Therese of the Child Jesus said: “everything is grace.” Everything that happens in our lives is a grace, a gift from God. Both St. Francis of Assisi and St. Ignatius of Loyola were also well-known for seeing God’s grace and love in all things, in everything that happens in our lives. Everything comes from the Lord–good times and the bad. Good health is a gift from God, but bad health is also a gift from God. One can waste the gift of good health, and even more so, one can waste the gift of bad health. Everything is a gift from God. God doesn’t want us to bury our gifts in the ground. Everything is meant to serve toward our sanctification. Everything is a grace. Suffering, which overwhelms us, is a whole mass of gifts from God. We, however, are like blind people or like children who understand very little. It is only when we stand before God that everything will be made clear to us. Then we will see the ocean of the gifts and love in which we have been immersed.

We have to start looking at our lives differently, we have to start looking at it with the eyes of faith. Then we will see God’s endless giving of love and graces. We will come to know that everything is a grace, especially our suffering and failures. If we saw this, then gifts such as poor health, suffering, failure, etc. would bring joy to our hearts. Everything we have understood and remember up to this moment is a gift from God. This moment is a gift from God. Every moment of our lives is a gift from God. As St. Paul and St. Augustine understood: “For all the ones who love God, all things work for good, even sin” (Rom 8:28). Jesus, looking at our lives, lives that may be full of failures, suffering, problems, difficulties, is never sad. He is joyful, because they are gifts that we should be joyful and grateful for.

For example: When St. Therese of the Child Jesus was suffering and ailing, Mother Agnes said “you had a lot of trouble today.” St. Therese answered: “Yes, but…I love it…I love everything that God gives me.” St. Bernadette had equally strong faith, as shown in her prayers (posted in the next post after this one because I got an error message saying the post was too long)

Convert in 99, joining in the prayers of St. Bernadette may bring you some comfort. Also be comforted by the fact that I prayed each of them with both of us in mind…

***For the poverty in which my mother and father lived, for the failure of the [family] mill, for all the hard times…for constant tiredness, thank you, my God!

For the days in which you came, Mary; for the ones in which you did not come, I will never be able to thank you – only in Paradise. … for the ridicule, the insults, and for those that thought I was mad…thank you, my Lady.

For my spelling, which I never learned, for the memory which I never had, for my ignorance and for my stupidity, thank you.

For the fact that my mother died so far away, for the pain I felt…I thank you, Jesus.

For the fact that Mother Josephine proclaimed I was good for nothing, thank You. For the sarcasm of the Mother Superior: her harsh tone, her injustices, her irony, and for the bread of humiliation, thank you.

Thank you that I was the privileged one when it came to being reprimanded, so that my sisters said: “How lucky it is not to be Bernadette.”

For this miserable body which You gave me, for this burning and suffocating illness, for my decaying tissues, for my de-calcified bones, for my sweats, for my fever, for my dull and for my acute pains, thank you my God.

And for this soul which you have given me, for the desert of inner dryness, for Your night and Your lightening, for Your silences and Your thunders, for everything. For You–when You were present and we you were not – thank you, Jesus.***

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.

Fr. Benedict Groeschel is also a psychologist, and he’s written a great book called “Arise from Darkness” that might be helpful. Pain can help us grow, and teach us to cling even closer to God. God bless you, you are in my prayers.

Praying for you…

AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

I’m at a loss for words. :crying: You have no idea what it meant to me to read through all these consoling posts, wonderful prayers and meditations to reflect on, and all your personal prayers said on my behalf. The kindness of people here is just amazing at times. I wish I could give back a small portion of what you have given me. The road is still rough, the cross still painfully heavy, the light still absent and yet, because of your sweet replies I have the courage and strength to face one more day. And that is what we are called to live, just one day at a time. :thumbsup: Thank you all so very very much. :hug2:

:console: Hugs are coming your way!!

:hug3::hug3::hug3::hug3::hug3:

Hail Mary
full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God
pray for us sinners
Amen

You still in my daily prayers

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard for your happiness and peace of mind.

I’m praying for you. :console:

Still praying hard.

I don’t even know what to say. You all are too kind. I log in and my inbox is full of messages from friends and strangers alike just saying they care. This thread has even more replies. I wish I were half as good a friend as you all are to me.

I cut this excerpt from my thread in family life to update you.

[quote=convert in 99]Yesterday was horrible and on top of everything else was filled with panic attacks. One right after the other. Intense fear of hell, fear of dying and of those I love most dying, especially my husband, fear of God, fearing that God thinks I’m bad, feelings of being so bad that I’ll never make it to heaven, fear of being in constant mortal sin, feelings that I’ll never make a good enough confession. On and on. One panic attack after the other. I wake up today and while I’m still on edge, so far have not had a panic attack.
[/quote]

Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated during this time. I can’t thank you enough for them.

Hail Mary
full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God
pray for us sinners
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.