Please Pray for me.... I am in despair

I know I shouldn’t despair but I am so hurt and lost. My husband left me and kids for another woman. The decision was easy for him, devastating for me. Divorce is final now. Can’t face pursuing annulment… I am still in love with the man I married, though I haven’t really seen him since his affair started 5 years ago.

Logic tells me that my husband no longer exists… I’ve not felt loved for years but pathetically hold onto hope for a miracle. Today I saw photos of him and her and her 3 children who will replace our children in his life. Saw his car as he was on the way to her home after visitation with kids. He works with her every day and then spends as many hours/days as possible in her arms.

Why cant I feel comforted by Jesus tonight? I cant hear or trust he is near to me. I am abandoned. If not for my children, I wouldn’t have the strength or reason to get up in the morning.

God, please let this hopelessness, bitterness and sadness lift from me. If husband is better off with mistress, bless them but free me from this torture.

Aw, I’m sorry you are feeling so down. Don’t let this define you and shape your future. You are worth more than that. I have been through similar circumstances and will NOT let that affect who I am. Our spouses are broken in some way that neither of us can fix, a brokeness that existed before we even met them. Let the past go, because it wasn’t real, and live for the today that is real. Count all the little blessings there are today (there are always some). Life will get better, especially when you let go of the past.

Hi. I want you to know that I feel your despair. When I was pregnant with our third child (the first two died before birth) my husband and I had an argument - our first one. He went into the nursery and shot himself. I lost him so suddenly and I felt abandoned, too. When my son was born he was illegally removed from my custody because my in-laws lied in court depositions. I also lost my job and every single one of my friends.

I’m not telling you this because I want your sympathy. You see, this happened 26 years ago. And I am still in love with my husband. I have not remarried and I have had no more children. Sometimes I cry for hours because of my loss.

But even though I felt abandoned and really WAS abandoned by my husband and 'friends" I wasn’t abandoned by God. It did feel that way. And people gave me all sorts of weird advice because they didn’t understand how devastating my experience was.

Our faith is tested and when I faced that test I despaired so much that I left the Church for several years. That was a mistake. I know it sounds trite and corny, but time does heal wounds. It takes a long time but time is powerful and I look upon it as a tool that God gave me to help deal with the pain.

I’m so sorry that you put up with your ex-husband’s affair for five years and still he left. That is his doing and he will have to face the consequences for his own actions. You don’t need to think about annullment right now. There is time for that. There is time for getting back on your feet. There is even time to forgive him.

I never tell people I will pray for them, but I want to make an exception here. I want to pray for you because I’m afraid for you and yet I am proud of you because you’ve made a real attempt to reach out for help. God will help you. God is helping you. You can’t see it because you see the hurt and despair. But God is there and He loves you. In time you will be able to see more clearly and think more clearly and you will feel Him again.

I know I’m rambling but it is hard to get it all down, what’s in my mind. I know you will receive other responses. Please know that I, and others, love you even though we don’t know you.

I hope this helps just a little bit. I am praying for you. Just please stay safe and trust in God. Remember, Jesus on the cross thought He had been abandoned, too. But of course He hadn’t been.

Love and gentle hugs,

caramel

My heart hurts for you and your children. I struggled with finding words to say to try to comfort you. I know what it’s like to feel unloved, so I searched for a prayer and found this one - I hope it brings you peace.

I promise to light a candle for you at Mass tomorrow. - Annie

REMIND ME, LORD

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that You are powerful enough to single-handed handle all of my problems, no matter, how large, how small, how complex or how simple.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that You are stronger in every way than my strongest enemies.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that You are mightier than any bad wishes against me.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that You are my protector.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that I don’t have to fear anyone.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that You capable of helping me with anything; I feel overwhelmed by, I feel helpless about, I feel anxious about, or I feel defeated by.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that You are my helper.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that I don’t have to fear anything.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that Your love is greater than any love I’ve ever known. Greater than my mother’s love. Greater than my Father’s love. Greater than my sister’s love. Greater than my brother’s love. Greater than my best friend’s love. Greater than my spouse’s love.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that You loved me before I was a twinkle in my parent’s eyes.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that no matter what I have done, you still love me. You may not be pleased with my actions or choices, but none-the-less, You still love me.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that I don’t have to be deserving of Your love but, You love me anyway.

Remind me, Lord. I keep forgetting, that I don’t have to earn Your love.

Remind me, Lord, I keep forgetting, that Your love has always been and will always be with me, whether I recognized it or not.

Remind me, Lord, I keep forgetting, that Your love is unconditional.

Remind me, Lord, I keep forgetting, that I can rely on Your love.

catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=1882

Wow thats a hard one, but i’m pretty sure what the Lord wants you to do as hard as it may seem, is to forgive him. Then you will free yourself and find release if you do. ask the Lord to help you with this. Believe that He has something better for you.

jesus jesus jesus come in your power and majesty remove their agony with your presence/

Dear BMB,
You need not dispair. God loves you all the time even when you are not thinking about Him.
Romans 8 - 38 & 39 - Nothing can separate us from God’s love. No matter what you do he is there loving you.
Prayer also - 'If you ask the father anything in My name He will give it to you’
He will give you Peace.

I will be praying for you.

Praying for you.

[LEFT]
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18[/LEFT]

Please trust in prayer for all your problems big or small, pray for the all of them. Prayer also led you to this web site, many will pray for you. With prayer you have God on your side. God Bless, I will be praying for you.

Praying.

My heart breaks for you, all i can do is pray God gives you the strength to accept the situation you have found youself in (through no fault of your own) and you can move on with the help of God and build a good and happy life for you and your children. You are in my prayers God bless and stay strong.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

For you …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

sweet jesus you want to give your love to us but evil powers confront us. please use your power of love and help this person today and every day i pray in jesus name

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

immaculate heart of mary we ask your help here to console this person hurting so deeply. jesus shine.

Lord,
Give me strength and wisdom
to live this day as I ought.

Give me strength…
to overcome every temptation which may come to me,
to do well every task which is assigned to me,
to shoulder every responsibility which is laid upon my shoulders.

Give me wisdom…
to know when to speak and when to keep silent,
to know when to act and when to refrain from action,
to know when to speak my mind and when to hold my peace.

So bring me to the end of this day
in goodness, in happiness and in peace.

Amen.

God bless you Caramel for your faith and perseverance despit all the tragedy in your life.I so respect you and feel you are a role model for us all.May the Lord bless you abundantly in the next life as Im sure He will.Lord bless Caramel and grant her peace and heal her mind body and spirit
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.