Please pray for me I am so confused and sad

Hello,

As some of you know I had my heart broken about 4 months ago. I have been praying so much for me to either move on with my life without my ex or for my ex to change his mind and realise we're so good together.
the past couple of weeks I have been doing really well, not crying and feeling positive. I really thought I was starting to move on. A mutual friend has been really nice and flirty with me so I started imagining myself with another man and felt like maybe it was possible. I kind of like that guy, but the thing is he has a girlfriend. He is the only person who I can think of without being sad that they're not my ex. He hasn't told me that he likes me but he's made it pretty obvious. I wouldn't do anything because of him having a girlfriend but I don't understand why the only other person I am attracted to is a bit of a player.

This weekend I went to a music festival with my ex and a few mutual friends (who are more friendly with my ex) when the tickets were bought I was in a hpapy relationship and had planned to enjoy the bands with my boyfriend. Obviously I was a bit sad/nervous about the weekend.
One of my friends had to drop out of coming due to uni work so not only was I feeling pretty lonely I was really sad with who replaced her. This girl came who I'd never met before but is seeing my ex's best friend. So I had to put up with a couple. My ex's best friend has a different girl every time I see him and I just don't understand or see how it's fair. I know people on here will tell me that he isn't fully happy or won't be happy in the long run etc etc but that really doesn't help how I feel at the moment.
I obviously got my hopes up that something would happen between me and my ex but nothing did. He was nice enough to me but it was also a bit awkward and I was a bit left out of things. He drank often and sometimes he only spoke to me if I had spoke to him first (so he had to reply) and it felt forced. But then he done nice things like give me food and help with my bag and waited for me when people were walking between bands etc.
I had to take uni work with me as I have a presentation tomorrow so that obviously stressed me out and put a downer on the weekend but in a weird way it was a welcome excuse for me to run back to the chalet when I needed to be alone. Like at one point me, my ex and one friend were waiting for a band. I sat down and they stood talking about things I didn't know. I felt really left out and then the couple joined us and I felt really sad and had to leave before the band even started. My ex texted me to check if I was ok and asked me to come back. I told him I was too stressed out and probably should have sold my ticket. Really I was too heartbroken. He kept asking if there was anything he could help with but obviously there wasn't.
It literally took all of my strength to not kiss him or hold his hand or whatever. It was so so hard but I knew if I had of given in and kissed him or whatever he'd have got annoyed and we'd not be friends.
I really don't know what to do. I keep praying but I keep getting pushed back. I hadn't cried for about 2 weeks and since Saturday I've cried every day for long periods of time. I'm trying my best to take my mind off of him and try and think of what else will make me happy but I honestly don't think anything will. We were so good together and have so much in common so I don't understand how or why he stopped loving me. I know if we tried he could get it back I just wish more than anything he would let us try. I actually would do anything.

I'm scared because I honestly think I'm starting to lose my faith. I'm trying my best to trust in God's will and that we either will get back together when the timing is right or I'll find someone who is better for me (though I genuinley do not think such a person exists) but it is so hard. I know I'm going to always get my hopes up until I stop loving him, but the thing is I really don't know how I'll ever stop. Like if we had of got married and I was to say "I will love him forever" everyone would agree or tell me its right or whatever. But now we're not together if I say that then people tell me I'm stupid or I will move on eventually but I honestly 100% do not think it is ever possible for me to stop loving him. If it is someone please tell me how, but please do not tell me it will take time because the more time that passes the more I love him and want him back.

Please pray that God will answer me and heal my broken heart. I honestly can't do this anymore :(

Thank you.

Keeping you in prayer and hoping that whatever or whoever it is that God has in store for you will make you happy ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard for you to find happiness and peace of mind.

Adding my prayers for your happiness and peace of mind!

:grouphug:

Lord, please heal milletsmo, and help her keep her faith. May she turn her focus on loving you and on prayer, and grow more intimate with you. If she could visit you at an adoration chapel regularly and keep you company that would help heal her, help her deepen her faith, and help her to love you more. Please assist her to always keep faithful; assist her to never lose her faith in you. May she put you first in her life and always keep you there. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Jesus please help her to relationship that is gentle and mutually loving.
Please heal anything withing that stands in the way of loving, healthy relationship.
Please comfort her, Jesus

Thank you.
All I want is for us to be able to have a chance of trying again. He told me he had fallen out of love with me but he was really depressed at the time so one minute told me he'd visit me and we could try again and start a fresh but then when he visited me instead of letting us try he ended it saying he had tried on his own and it didnt work. While I don't doubt him for trying on his own I'm really angry because its not fair we needed to try together. I know he could have either got his feelings back or developed new ones if he was to just give us a chance :(
I'm really finding it hard to be happy for anyone else who is in a relationship. I am just really jealous and don;t understand how its fair and don't understand why I'm not allowed to be happy. Obviously I sin but I try my best to be a good and faithful person but I really feel like God is punishing me.
I just want one more chance, please God help to open up his heart so he can see how good we were together. His feelings seemed to disapear so quickly and it has to be down to his depression. Please Lord help me :(

Milletsmo I am so sorry you are hurting so much.I have been where you are more than once.I really do wish I coukld take your pain away.Try to keep busy and go out with friends who will introduce you to new friends and so on.When I have been in your position I have kept busy (workaholic)! busy social life! and pray! My love and prayers for you.God bless.

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion

• inexhaustible,
    look kindly upon us
    and increase Your mercy in us,
    that in difficult moments
    we might not despair
    nor become despondent,
    but with great confidence
    submit ourselves to Your holy will,
    which is Love and Mercy itself.

Thank you for your prayers. I don't really feel any better. I know that he's the one I'm supposed to marry one day which is why being apart like this hurts so bad. I just want him back.
I noticed that prayer thread for those who have lost/losing their spouse/relationship and the first post said about how "falling out of love" isn't correct because God doesn't ask us to "fall in love" he just asks us to love each other as we love ourself and Him. My ex told me he had fallen out of love with me.....but it happend in less than two weeks because he was really depressed at the time. I believe thats why he wouldn't let us try to work on the relationship together, he just gave up. All I want is for God to touch his heart and for him to get better and to realise what a mistake we made. We were SO GOOD with each other. If only he'd let us try again.
Please Lord let this be your will. The thought of anyone else being in his or my life really really terrifies me. I know its awful to think but I can't help it, I keep thinking maybe if I was in some kind of accident or something it'd make him reconsider (I'm not going to harm myself in any way I just think maybe if an accident happend it would be a good thing). I'm also still really jealous and sad that other people get to be in happy relationships and marriages and I don't anymore. I know things aren't always as they seem and you always have to work hard in any relationship for it to work but in my opinion what we had was worth all the hard work and the good times far outweighed any bad things we experienced together.

Thank you again but please please keep praying.

God bless you all
x

Father please hear our prayers for milletsmo who is suffering the breakup of her relationship.Please help her in this situation and please grant her strength and wisdom.Lord
please may she feel Your love for her and gain strength from this that she will be able to move forward with her life.I too, Lord, have felt this utter devastation at the loss of a relationship,I know first hand the all encompassing pain and lack of ability to be positive about the future.Lord I have made many mistakes and I ask You would help milletsmo in a practical way
may someone lead her to overcome this distress.Lord please hear our prayers for milletsmo.Through Christ our Lord Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all for praying for me. Please keep it up if you can as I still feel so lost and so so low.

I'm trying my best to have faith that things will work out as I believe God has given me signs that one day we will be given another chance to be together but its hard because the signs could be from the devil and even if they are from God I still have no idea when it will happen. I'm just trying to believe but am so scared I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. I'm just trying to trust that God doesn't want me to suffer any more than I have to so would prevent me from witnessing these signs if they weren't messages from Him.

Thank you all.
x

Milletsmo you are in my prayers.I am so sorry for your pain.I have suffered just as you are now and I never thought I would meet another that i could love in the same way.But I did my friend.If you are meant to have another chance thats good but if you are meant to meet someone else that could be a possibility.God has a divine plan for you,we don't know what it is but God loves you and has His plan for you.I will keep you in my prayers.God bless

PRAYER FOR RENEW
Glory to you, O Lord our God, Your love calls us to be your people. By sharing our many and diverse gifts we share in your mission. We ask you, Lord, to shape us into a community of faith. Nourish us by your word and sacraments that we may grow into the image of Jesus. Through the power of your Holy Spirit, heal us that we, in turn, may heal the wounded. Form us to be instruments of love, justice, and peace in our land, and send us to proclaim your saving work.
RENEW us, Lord, that we may renew the face of the earth.
Amen.

[quote="milletsmo, post:11, topic:178805"]
Thank you all for praying for me. Please keep it up if you can as I still feel so lost and so so low.

I'm trying my best to have faith that things will work out as I believe God has given me signs that one day we will be given another chance to be together but its hard because the signs could be from the devil and even if they are from God I still have no idea when it will happen. I'm just trying to believe but am so scared I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. I'm just trying to trust that God doesn't want me to suffer any more than I have to so would prevent me from witnessing these signs if they weren't messages from Him.

Thank you all.
x

[/quote]

Praying for you and that God will guild you in thought and action.. Take care...

Thank you everyone for praying for me, I am doing ok.

However I would be super greatful if you could keep praying for me, especially to get through this week and friday. On Friday I need to hand in an essay (so far I have about 600 words of out 2500) I need to give a presentation which I’m yet to start on (It won’t take too long to do the work for it but still), I need to pack as I am travelling home on Friday. AND it should be my 3 year anniversary with my ex…so I can tell I will be super sad on that day.

I also would like it if you could pray for me and my ex to meet up over my Christmas holidays. Thank you

God bless you all
x

[quote="milletsmo, post:14, topic:178805"]
Thank you everyone for praying for me, I am doing ok.

However I would be super greatful if you could keep praying for me, especially to get through this week and friday. On Friday I need to hand in an essay (so far I have about 600 words of out 2500) I need to give a presentation which I'm yet to start on (It won't take too long to do the work for it but still), I need to pack as I am travelling home on Friday. AND it should be my 3 year anniversary with my ex....so I can tell I will be super sad on that day.

I also would like it if you could pray for me and my ex to meet up over my Christmas holidays. Thank you

God bless you all
x

[/quote]

Praying that you get through the week ...

Hail Mary
full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you. I am trying my best to trust the Lord but I'm really stressed at the moment so it is hard.
Thanks again
God bless
xx

I was doing ok today, I really was but I have just seen new photos of him on facebook smiling and having fun. While I obviously want him to be happy I just wish we could be happy together. I guess for all I know he could be miserable when he's on his own (he was with friends in the photos) and could be missing me.I guess to a certain extent he will be miserable when he is alone, even if he's not miserable about me because he suffers depression which is mainly why he broke up with me.
Tomorrow should be our three year anniversary. I hope he thinks about me and misses me. I really need him back. I'm pretty sure it is God's plan for us to get back together one day, I just hope it is sooner rather than later and hope that he gives me the strength to get through things until we are reunited.
Please Lord grant me a Christmas miracle and let us have the chance of trying again. I have been brave but do not want to be alone anymore :(

God bless you all
x

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.