Please pray for me. I really need it now more than ever, thinking about giving up

I am terrified of going to hell and losing my soul and I’m very anxious and it has gotten to the point that I’m thinking about death or suicide, though I know it’s wrong and I have reason not to act on it nor am I thinking of giving in but it’s been so hard for me. And I don’t have insurance at the moment and I’m afraid of going because my family doesn’t believe in mental illness and will discourage me. I feel so alone and I don’t want to end giving up.

I will pray for you. I said a Hail Mary right now.
But PLEASE get some help where you are. Call the nearest suicide hotline. Do it now.
God bless.

Praying for your intention. Please call suicide hotline. The national hotline number in the U. S. is 1 800 273 8255.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

You can call or chat online with someone. It is a free service

Praying for you. :pray:

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Praying for you - please call the hotline

Praying for you! Will mention you in Rosary intentions. Are you an adult? If so, get help regardless of what your family thinks. It is not up to them, and it is not their place to discourage you from getting the help you need.

Praying for you. Please, please call the hotline.

O Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may ever invoke thy most powerful name, which is the safeguard of the living and the salvation of the dying. O Purest Mary, O Sweetest Mary, let thy name henceforth be ever on my lips. Delay not, O Blessed Lady, to help me whenever I call on thee, for, in all my needs, in all my temptations I shall never cease to call on thee, ever repeating thy sacred name, Mary
Amen

OP, please please please call the suicide prevention hotline.

Sometimes life seems dark and hopeless, but these feelings don’t last forever. You’re in crisis right now and need the support of professionals who know how to guide you through this.

That’s what the hotline is set up for.

I know it’s hard to make a connection on a forum like this, you don’t know me and I don’t know you, but please know I’m praying for you.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer Against Depression
………….By St Ignatius of Loyola

O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Amen.

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)

Prayed for you, in Christ’s name, Amen.

Please get help, talk with someone via the suicide prevention hotline. Suicide is NOT the answer.

Please google Padre Pio’s secret weapon prayer that had gotten thousands of miracles.

Words of faith from Padre Pio:

The more you are afflicted, the more you ought to rejoice, because in the fire of tribulation the soul will become pure gold, worthy to be placed and to shine in the heavenly place.

Don’t allow sadness to dwell in your soul, for sadness prevents the Holy Spirit from acting freely.

Whenever you are seized with melancholy, let your thoughts dwell on that fateful night on which the Son of God began the work of redemption in the solitude of Gethsemane and offer your own sufferings to the Divine Father, along with the sufferings of Jesus.

Praying for you.

You need both psychological and spiritual help. Reach out to the hotline to speak to someone and find both a counselor in your area and also a spritual director.

Praying for you. If you’re Catholic you can also ask to talk to a priest if your family would be a problem.

I already chatted with someone from a hotline and I’m doing a lot better. This morning I was so anxious but now it’s lessening and thank you for all your support.

Continued prayers for you. As others have suggested, a priest or pastor could also be a benefit. Hang in there!

Pray to Jesus; and as others have said, call a hotline.

Please call.

I just said a prayer for you. I’ll offer my next rosary for you as well.

Get help now before it is too late.

A Prayer to Jesus (from feeling like giving up)

Dear Jesus, I walk in the valley of darkness for I
suffer from depression. I feel unloved, rejected,
useless to myself and useless to others. I feel
lost in a world I no longer understand. At times,
I want to sleep and never wake up again.

Lord, I believe that Your love is a transforming
love. Jesus, Son of David have pity on me. Out
of the depths, I cry to you.

Lord, even though I feel nothing, I still praise You
for the wonder of my being. You have formed me
in my mother’s womb and watched over me to this
moment. I am precious in Your eyes and You love
me. On the Cross, You shed Your blood for me.
You have carved me in the palm of Your hand.
For all this I give You thanks and praise.

May Your Precious Blood give new life to me
and to all those who suffer as I do. Take each
one of us and hug us to your sacred and loving
heart. Through your glorious wounds may we
be healed.

Dear Jesus, when You fed the crowd in the
desert, You wished to gather up the fragments,
lest anything be lost. As I wander through
a desert and darkness of my own, I ask You
to gather up the fragments of this shattered
being, lest anything be lost. Through the prophet,
Joel, You promise to restore the years that
the locusts have eaten. I ask you, “Lay Your
hands gently on my weary head and restore me.
Let your face shine upon me and give me back
the peace and the joy that has been lost."

Amen

A Prayer Against Depression

O Christ Jesus, when all is darkness and
we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength. Help us
to have perfect trust in Your protecting love
And strengthening power, so that nothing
may frighten or worry us, For, living close
to You, we shall see Your hand, Your purpose,
Your Will through all things. Amen.

By St. Ignatius of Loyola

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.