Please pray for me I'm going through a period of Dryness

Please pray for me I’m going through a period of dryness and I need your prayers. This is so hard I so want to feel Jesus near me.Please keep me in your prayers daily. Thank you.

In Jesus’ name, Father, please help Barbara to live the fullness of Your loving will. Please reassure her and help her to grow in faith and depth of spirit and prayer with the help of the Sacraments, as You intend in such times.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hi Barbara,

Praying for you to get through this period. With Lent coming up, at least we have an opportunity to get move involved with prayer and other spiritual exercises…

Take care and God Bless…

Praying for Barbara

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

You are suffering much as Mother Teresa did…praying that this period of spiritual dryness will lead to greater fullness in knowing God. Amen.

Saint John of the Cross and Blessed Mother Teresa, please intercede for Barbara…:gopray2:

Praying for you.

God bless,
Ut

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Still praying.

Remember that God often uses these times of dryness to purify our hearts and bring us to even greater hieghts. Don’t despair.

God bless,
Ut

Praying for you :byzsoc:

Barbara you’re being given this wonderful opportunity to grow in FAITH, for faith should be blind, and that includes feelings. Many saints wrote about their periods of dryness and how they suffered, but nevertheless they NEVER stopped praying. Read the book of Job meanwhile and meditate on how reguardless of how miserable, alone and desperate he felt, he NEVER gave up on talking to the Lord. It was more of a challenge or fight sometimes, but he kept that continuous communication with the Lord and at the end his Creator showed up in all his GREATNESS. I love that story, because Job fought, argued, complained, etc; but he never cut that umbelical cord with his CREATOR :smiley: . He held on for dear life!!! So you just be still, let the Lord do his work on you while you pray and maybe journal daily thanksgivings. You might not feel, but you can still see the Lord’s GREATNESS and beauty all around you. Journal daily thanksgivings of all that is given to you by the Lord; oxygen, life, love, trees, flowers, water, shelter, food, a blue sky, etc. God bless you, keep us posted!!!

Praying for you Barbara …
Fight … Jesus is near you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.