Please pray for me - lonely and heartbroken

Hey guys,
I posted a thread on here not too long ago talking about breaking up with my boyfriend.
Well, we went through with the break up and it’s a lot harder than I thought it would be.
I’m here to ask you guys for your prayers because I am suffering very much with a broken heart. I just started my new semester in college yesterday and because of this break up I can’t concentrate on school. I don’t feel like doing anything. I just want to cry all day…Please pray for me to find good friends to surround myself because loneliness is not going to help me with this break up. I truly need God’s help.

hugs! and i am glad to pray for you! it’ll pass, it isn’t easy but it’ll pass. have you got a trusted friend to talk to? or a pastor? family can be a big comfort in down times believe me, i know. i went thru relationship troubles myself more than once in my life and my family was always a big help to me. but know that there are lots of people precisely in your shoes that feel the same way. when your married somewhere down the road and know you met mr right, then you’ll look back on it and it will be nothing. sure hard to hear at this moment, but it will pass. time is wonderful to all things. trust in Jesus first and foremost. lean on Him. and pray. :slight_smile:

This did not help me at first - but it gets easier - study up on the subject of redemptive suffering.

I am really sorry you are in pain right now, but it WILL get better with time and prayer. :hug1:

This was me on this forum about 6 months ago! So when I say I feel your pain, I really do! You are in my prayers! I hate it when people say “It takes time” and it irritated me at the time. Buuuuut. It’s true :slight_smile: Just one day at a time! And yeah, redemptive suffering, offering up your pain for souls!

Sometimes it helps to bury your mind in some sort of distraction (studies?). Go to Mass daily, if you can. And Confession regularly. Ask God to help. He will! You have a wounded heart. Wounds take some time to heal. But living the life of grace is a great bandage. :)

I'm so sorry; I know how it feels. Praying that God will heal your heartache in time.

thank you so much for all the advice and prayers! i am truly grateful. i am suffering very much right now, i feel myself falling into a depression, so your prayers are very much appreciated.

Feel free to contact me. I just broke up with my fiance three weeks ago. The first 3 days were the worst for me. I could cry at any time. I think the shock and accpetance was starting, For me prayer, adoration and mass were key. I would pray a lot and journal. Don’t hide your pain from God. Be honest. I will tell you that some days are better than others. I had a bad day sunday but today i am doing much better. Time does heal all wounds. Its just hard to wait. :slight_smile:

You will have to buckle down and pull your inner strength for deep down to get through school. I am actually happy that Law School started up again last week. I have a focus. I don’t have time to sit and pull the whoa me card. I have to get this done or my future will suffer. Plus it keeps me from being too depressed as i am surrounded by people who are going through the same thing (school) so we have something in common.

I love the book…Lady in waiting amazon.com/Lady-Waiting-Devotional-Journal-Study/dp/1560432985/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282699788&sr=8-2 I know it not writing by a catholic but it such a good book on how to be a good christian women while waiting. It focuses on you.

I am in your shoes, my friend. Although I’m older than my college years, after 5+ years my relationship is slowly and painfully ending. Trust that your decision was one of faith, and that our Lord has beautiful, unimaginable plans ahead for your life and that of your loved one. Stay close to Jesus through the sacraments. They will provide you peace amid the turmoil as you make your way through each day. When you wake up every morning, offer all your thoughts and actions to our Blessed Mother, who lived through unspeakable suffering on this earth for love of Christ. She will always lead you to Him, the one who will console you in all of life’s troubles. I will include you in my prayers, that you may feel Jesus warm and Sacred Heart healing your wounds.:console:

Sorry to hear it; I’ve been there. Just try to focus on school. Remember to take joy from your studies (even the ones that you don’t really enjoy that much)… it’s a great opportunity to be in school, learning things. Try to do some activities at your parish or university Catholic center (don’t necessarily listen to their ideas about theology, but you should be safe hanging out in a social setting).

Basically, try to take your mind off of it as much as possible and try not to let it mess up stuff like grades that you’ll need down the road. It’s going to hurt like Hell for a while and then you’ll get over it. It’s irritating to be told that, but it’s true and knowing that helps.

You're in my prayers. I've been there; my advice to you, don't let your studies suffer. Work very hard. When you are through grieving you will wonder why you let your studies suffer, if you do, as I did... :/

Yep, ive been there.
Actually about a year ago I was in that exact position. Here are GREAT tips on how to get trough it:

• talk it out with people. anyone, even if its a random person, talk it out with them.

-never be alone, always stay with people because if you're alone you will think about it more

• go to FUTUREME.ORG it is a website that allows you to send yourself an email that you will get in the future to whatever date you set it to. describe your life right now and you will get it sent right to your inbox at whatever future date you chose. I chose mine to come a year in advance, and when i read it, i was thrilled to realize how much has changed.

• think about all the bad things that were wrong in the realtionship. all the times he hurt you, all the things that we not appreciated, think of them. The more bad you can think of, the more youll feel better about not being with him.

You wont believe me when i say that you'll get better, because at the time i believed no one. I didn't care what anybody had to say, my heart was ripped out and torn to pieces and i thought nobody knew what i went through. and there are people who DONT know what i went through, but i guarantee you, that over time, you will get over him.

Its my promise to you, that you will get better.

use my tips! (:

:D thank you thank you everyone! everyday gets easier. i have gone to mass twice this week, and it has made me feel so amazing. all of my family has been here for me, and i have been talking to more people. the pain is still there, and will probably be there for a long time but i am finding it easier to move on.
God bless all of you and thank you for your prayers!!!

[quote="kittycatmeow, post:14, topic:210150"]
:D thank you thank you everyone! everyday gets easier. i have gone to mass twice this week, and it has made me feel so amazing. all of my family has been here for me, and i have been talking to more people. the pain is still there, and will probably be there for a long time but i am finding it easier to move on.
God bless all of you and thank you for your prayers!!!

[/quote]

If you EVER need any advice, feel free to message me. I know EXACTLY what you're going through. i was there last year actually and my heart felt ripped out and torn to pieces. its hard as heck, but you WILL get through it.

(:

I know exactly how you feel. My boyfriend and I just broke up this past weekend. I've been doing a lot of praying, especially in front of the Blessed Sacrament. I keep asking Jesus to fill the empty hole in my heart with His love instead. I'm already beginning to feel better :)

Just try to keep busy, and focus on doing things for yourself too. I've been doing a lot of exercising. It helps to clear my head, and it's also good for me.

Time will be the ultimate healer for us though. That's why it's so important to stay busy. Time will pass very quickly that way.

But giving yourself time to cry is good too. Crying is a very good release. Just don't let the depression consume you.

And something I've been telling myself that helps me feel better - "God moved my ex-boyfriend out of the way to make room for my future husband." ;)

I'll keep you in my prayers. Please also keep me in yours! :thumbsup:

[quote="kittycatmeow, post:1, topic:210150"]
Hey guys,
I posted a thread on here not too long ago talking about breaking up with my boyfriend.
Well, we went through with the break up and it's a lot harder than I thought it would be.
I'm here to ask you guys for your prayers because I am suffering very much with a broken heart. I just started my new semester in college yesterday and because of this break up I can't concentrate on school. I don't feel like doing anything. I just want to cry all day...Please pray for me to find good friends to surround myself because loneliness is not going to help me with this break up. I truly need God's help.

[/quote]

I will remember you in my prayers. I know the pain you're talking about from my own university years (I took a five year Master's after high school, so no college for me as such)... nor did it happen only once. It's the lost true love concept that hurts so much when you think you've lost it but you somehow get better when you discover (each time) it wasn't really it. In fact, the best grades I ever got were after being dumped by a girl. In fact, several years after graduating, I still have an exam in three days and the painful memory of a lady on my mind. Some things don't change, it seems. ;)

There's a lot of emotions involved with a break-up and you simply *will *feel them going through you. Fortunately, emotions aren't all there is to you and your reason and what you choose to make of your life are more important. That is the true you (or as close as it gets). Don't despair and don't forget all that there is apart from emotions and feelings (even feelings aren't everything there is to you, either).

Godspeed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.