Please pray for me to become more humble

I’m really hurt and sad right now, and I’m hoping that your prayers can help me. I began the Novena to Our Lady of Knots yesterday, but if anyone else can pray for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Perhaps because of the stress of the holidays, or something else I don’t even know, I’ve been butting heads quite a bit with my parents. There is hurt on both sides - and now, my parents are blaming the whole situation on my boyfriend and have taken a dislike to him, which is causing me even more hurt, as he’s not involved in any of these domestic skirmishes at all. It’s become one stressful cycle and I feel so sad and alone, when this should be a joyful and thankful time of year. Instead, I’m hurt and bitter. I’m tired of sarcasm, sniping, and not being able to do anything right. I’m tired of perpetually being resentful and angry, and thus lashing out at others. Right now, we are all in the wrong, and it is causing me a lot of stress.

I know I can’t change how anyone else thinks or feels, and I can only change myself. Please pray for me, to help me to become more loving and humble, to respond to hurtful words and situations with grace, and to view others with empathy and charity. It is my hope that if I work harder at cultivating a gentle spirit, I may ease some of the tensions in my household and soften my parents’ hearts.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Praying hard for your intention.

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

Praying for you…

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
:angel1:

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Humble Jesus, I place this intention in your most sacred heart

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I am sorry that you are going through such feelings.

If you have a little time, pause and recite the Litany of Humility, it helps. Prayer said for you. :gopray:

***O Jesus, meek and humble of heart, Hear me.
From the desire of being esteemed, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being loved, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being extolled, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being honored, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being praised, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being preferred to others, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being consulted, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the desire of being approved, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being humiliated, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being despised, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of suffering rebukes, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being calumniated, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being forgotten, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being ridiculed, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being wronged, Deliver me, O Jesus.
From the fear of being suspected, Deliver me, O Jesus.

That others may be loved more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be chosen and I set aside, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be praised and I go unnoticed, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be preferred to me in everything, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should, Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.***

Praying…

Praying for you. Remember God loves you. God bless.

Praying that the Lord may ease the tensions at your home. Also praying that He may grant you all necessary graces.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

I just wanted to return and thank you all again for your prayers - they have truly worked. Things have eased significantly at home, and while I still don’t respond as I ought to when faced with a difficult situation, I am slowly but surely cultivating a more humble spirit.

Thank you all for your prayers, and I will be praying for you and yours this holiday season. Please have a blessed Christmas. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.