Please, pray for me to overcome lust and masturbation

I’m 16, and plan on entering St. Charles Borromeo Seminary in a little more than a year. Please, this has been a struggle since I was a freshman, I desperately need external help. Pray that God inspires me to see that masturbation is wrong, and give me the strength to overcome the immediate gratification that accompanies it. Thank you all,

John Monaco

I will pray for you John. It’s a very human weakness that we needs both personal strategies and God’s grace to overcome. Thanks for asking our prayers. That takes courage.
I ask Jesus to keep you in my daily prayers and Masses.

Good luck.

From someone who has also struggled with this… as most men do… I will pray for you. Our Lady send her prayers to her son for your comfort, fortitude, instruction, and spiritual well being. God bless you. :slight_smile:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular the challenges of all who are struggling with the 6th Commandment, and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Lord Jesus, I come before You today to pray for John Monaco. This young man is discerning a call to serve Your people and the Church as a priest, but he is struggling mightily with sexual impurity. Please inspire him to frequent confession and reception of the Holy Eucharist, so that he may receive the graces necessary to overcome this vice.

Holy Virgin Mary, model of purity, and St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse, please intercede for John so that he may be restored to not only physical, but spiritual, innocence. Bring my prayer and the prayers of others for him to the throne of God, lay them at His feet, and allow His will to be done in John’s life. I pray in the name of Jesus, who died to save all of us from sin. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou
among women,
and blessed is the
Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.