Please pray for me tonight-possible cancer

:gopray:As many know, we have been doing fertility drugs with no results so far. Due to the drugs, I have developed a large ovarian cyst that will be removed on Friday. There are no worries as to the severity. We are all sure it is drug induced. HOWEVER…as part of the fertility issue I had a CT of the abdoman in December that showed a “fatty liver”. not surprised, that has been known for many years. Follow up lab work showed a change in liver function. Doc re-ordered lab work along with several for cancer markers. I am panicked. I feel as if I have been having more GI problems in the past month or so. I am very scared and unsure, and being a nurse, have thought of only the worse. Please pray for me tonight. I get the test results tomorrow and will find out if cancer is present or suspected present. I pray that God does not ask this of me yet…simply due to the fact that I have a small child at home and hope to stay on earth long enough to get her raised. PLEASE consider prayers for me and my family tonight that the Lord will be merciful and spare us of this for now. thanks-twk

:gopray2:

Oh my gosh.

Ma’am, I am praying for you with all my might. Please, please, please keep us posted.

God Bless you.

Praying hard for you. God bless.

I’m so sorry you have been having health issues like this…praying for you. Please update us when you know. :gopray:

Praying.

praying for you!

I’m praying for you, too. May God bless you and keep you safely under his wings.

Lighting a candle for you and I say a prayer for you and your family. My wife had a cyst on hers and ended up being fine. But last year she was diagnosed with a common skin cancer and it was removed successfully. Now for regular screenings.

twk001,
Have you ever been checked for having type 2 diabetes? It might be that if you are overwqeight, and diabetic you could have polycystic ovaries and fatty liver due to type 2 diabetes. The sooner you can find this out the better off you will be. The only known ‘cure’ for fatty liver and cystic ovaries is weight loss of about 20 pounds. Before using any type of fertility meds try to get your weight down so that your liver and pancreas don’t have such a hard job to perform while you are pregnant…[weight loss improves the likelihood of becoming pregnant without fertility treatments also.!] I know because I have fatty liver and had cystic ovaries. I work at losing weight as best I can and pray every day for a lasting remission from liver problems. I truly understand your fears and concerns. I will pray for you. That your health improves and you can lose weight, and have a child or two.

Let me know how the tests turn out. I have a genuine interest in your condition.

God Bless,
mary1173:thumbsup:

[quote="The_Geographer, post:9, topic:191057"]
Lighting a candle for you and I say a prayer for you and your family. My wife had a cyst on hers and ended up being fine. But last year she was diagnosed with a common skin cancer and it was removed successfully. Now for regular screenings.

[/quote]

In fact my daughter was born with one. My wife's doctor increased the strength of her birth control pills. She wasn't Catholic and I didn't like them. Another story for another thread. Anyway that is supposed to be one of the cures for it I heard. But as a practicing Catholic you might not be able to engage in the marital act while using this method. But I hate it when people diagnose me. My point is that if it's a cyst it may just be that. The candle is still burning for you and I offered up the mass this morning for your intention.

Praying for you - keep us updated.

Praying for you here!!

**God’s will be done!

i pray you will be fine & i hope that you are not taking treatments that are not approved by Jesus through His Catholic Church!

The National Catholic Bioethics Center (NCBC) is a great resource!**

ncbcenter.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1007

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

God be with you. Oh, Lord, please shed your grace. Amen.

Oh My I just saw this and will most certainly pray for you.

How ironic, I was diagnosed yesterday with a fatty liver. I am on pain meds now because the pain was so bad all I did was up chuck all week. X ray and ultra sound did not show signs of a stone (kidney or gallblader) and so next week I will have to have a cat scan.

I am a type 2 diabetic so I’m hoping this is why my liver is large. Your liver can also be large because of your gallbladder needing attention (possible surgery).

Keep positive thoughts and we will all pray for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.