Please pray for me, would you?

*I feel a little funny asking for you to pray for me. But, please keep me in your prayers. I started a grief support group on here, and I guess I didn’t realize that I would feel so sad about dredging up some of the past of my parents’ deaths. I have been crying a lot lately, and don’t really know why. I thought I was past all of the pain of it, but there was something that triggered it today, and I could just use some prayers. Not even sure what to ask for, but if you could pray that I ‘get over’ this, that would be so nice of you.

Thank you. *

You certainly can count on me WG. The Grief Support Group is so important and I know will help many. But I am sorry for your pain at the same time.

Take care and will pray that Our Lady will especially watch over you …

Take Care…

Jesus thank You for bringing to the surface all WG’s uncried tears and buried pain. Thank You for the draining of this deep deep wound by opening it to the air.
Please grant healing to this beautiful person. Please walk with her as she faces the sorrow she has buried for so long, and help her to grow in new life.

Will gladly hold you in my prayers.

May you be comforted by the Holy Spirit, especially during this difficult time of grief processing.

Loving God,

We thank you for the many blessings in our lives and today we especially thank you for the gift of parents. We lift up the intentions today of our friend whatevergirl and the pain and suffering she feels with the lost of her loving parents. Lord, please help her to be strong and feel the warmth of your loving, consoling, and comforting Holy Spirit. We know that you want each of your loving children to be at peace and full of joy, please help our friend find this special place in her life and help her to work through her pain and anxiety. We know that our Lord Jesus has prepared a special place in your house for each of us, and we hope and pray that our friend knows Jesus has taken each of her parents to their special place with the Holy Trinity in the most beautiful place in all creation. Lord, we also know that you want each of us to be strong and courageous examples to others, and we pray for courage and strong faith for our friend so she will be the best example to her family and those who know her as her strong and vibrant faith makes her confident and joyful that her parents have proceeded her to the best place of all, and are waiting for the time when they can be together again, according to God’s plan for her life. Lord, we also pray that our friend whatevergirl will feel and understand the love You and all of us here have for her and that it may in some way ease her pain and help her through this challenging time in her life.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who is our Lord and Savior yesterday, today, and for all eternity.

Amen.

I know what you mean WG. My infertility support group is the same for me. I didn’t realize how hard it would be to HAVE to be there for others. Other infertility support groups I could seek support or go help others when** I **felt up to it, and now I am responsible whether I feel up to it or not. It is very hard sometimes. Ours deals a lot with grief so I can imagine almost exactly what you must be going through. :hug1: I will certainly uplift you in prayers. If it ever gets to be too much, and you need someone to lead the group for a while, I understand and will be happy to help. Just let me know :thumbsup:

Of course! My prayers are with you. :slight_smile:

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your Mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Loving God,

We thank you for the many blessings in our lives and today we especially thank you for the gift of parents. We lift up the intentions today of our friend whatevergirl and the pain and suffering she feels with the lost of her loving parents. Lord, please help her to be strong and feel the warmth of your loving, consoling, and comforting Holy Spirit. We know that you want each of your loving children to be at peace and full of joy, please help our friend find this special place in her life and help her to work through her pain and anxiety. We know that our Lord Jesus has prepared a special place in your house for each of us, and we hope and pray that our friend knows Jesus has taken each of her parents to their special place with the Holy Trinity in the most beautiful place in all creation. Lord, we also know that you want each of us to be strong and courageous examples to others, and we pray for courage and strong faith for our friend so she will be the best example to her family and those who know her as her strong and vibrant faith makes her confident and joyful that her parents have proceeded her to the best place of all, and are waiting for the time when they can be together again, according to God’s plan for her life. Lord, we also pray that our friend whatevergirl will feel and understand the love You and all of us here have for her and that it may in some way ease her pain and help her through this challenging time in her life.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who is our Lord and Savior yesterday, today, and for all eternity.

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Holding you in my prayers and thoughts.

Blessed God, Our Advocate and Our Closest Friend, you’ve allowed Your Holy Spirit to touch the heart of your beloved daughter in order that she may find peace and ultimate healing. Continue to guide her steps through these stormy seas that can rage within, and let the rising Sun show her the way. Amen.

*Thank you, everyone, for your prayers…they mean a lot to me. *

Prayers and a hug. :hug1:

St. Bernardino of Siena, pray for us!

Praying with today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Saint Bernardino of Siena (1380 - 1444)

Bernardino (“Little Bernard”) was born in Tuscany. His parents died when he was a child. While still a student at the University of Siena he took charge of the hospital there when an epidemic killed most of the staff. Later he looked after a bedridden aunt until her death; and then, at the age of 22, he became a Franciscan.

Inspired by St Vincent Ferrer, he was an energetic and popular preacher and spent years travelling on foot through Italy preaching to enormous audiences. He denounced usury, promoted peace among the warring Italian cities, and worked hard for the reform and discipline of the Franciscan order, and for church unity.

Bernardino’s achievements before he became a Franciscan show what the young can achieve if given the chance. Let us try not to confirm them in a culture of enforced irresponsibility, but to encourage each of them to give to others whatever they have been called into this world to give.

See the articles in Wikipedia and the Catholic Encyclopaedia.

Mid-morning reading (Terce) (Romans 4:24-25) ©
We believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, Jesus who was put to death for our sins and raised to life to justify us.

Noon reading (Sext) 1 John 5:5-6 ©
Who can overcome the world? Only the man who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus Christ came by water and blood: not with water only, but with water and blood.

Afternoon reading (None) (Ephesians 4:23-24) ©
Let your spirits be renewed so that you can put on the new self that has been created in God’s way, in the goodness and holiness of the truth.

St. Teresa of Avila,

You understand the lingering effects of the loss of one’s parents. Place WG in your care, and help to ease her burden of sadness. She is doing so much to help the pain of others that she need not carry it all herself. We pray through Christ our Lord, Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Remembering you in my daily prayers.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

closed #20

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.