Please pray for me

Hello, everyone. Lately, I’ve found myself questioning my Catholic faith and leading more towards Protestant beliefs. I was born Catholic, but lately I’ve even considered leaving the Church. I have felt very depressed lately about things, and I don’t know why I’m losing my Catholic faith. Please pray for me that I may trust in God and embrace my Catholic faith again.

musician521

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Lord, we ask you to give your people an unassailably firm faith.
They proclaim that your Son, who eternally shares your glory,
was born of the Virgin Mary in a truly human body.
Free them from the adversities of the present time
and grant them a share in your permanent joys.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

You are in my prayers…

I have just recently found my way back home to my faith after being gone for over 10 years…I feel at peace somehow. I pray that you will too…

I was born Catholic then left, followed any type of spiritual belief until I was 20 then followed Protestant beliefs until the last year through much research I have finally arrived home. Catholicism has all that Protestant religions have Bible wise but lots more truths also. I have never been more spiritually peaceful with a real sense of humanity and community.

I feel Protestant religions have mainly an inward looking theme of ones own faith but Catholicism has this as well as an overall compassion for humanity.

I am praying for you.

Praying for you…

What would you gain in one of the Protestant denominations that you do not get out of the Catholic Church? Remember, nearly all the saints and the apostles had doubts and moments of weakness in their faith. Keep up the good fight and God will take care of you.

Keeping you in prayer. BUT - do not seek answers in other faiths. Seek them where you are home in our One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and home. It alone has the fullness of truth. Jesus said I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. If he is the truth, the Church which only he established is the truth. Turn to it and hold to it.
Prayers & blessings
Deacon Ed B

You dear soul. It’s so touching that you still ask prayers of your fellow Catholics despite your doubts. As you don’t specify…what we all do and wish to continue…is to pray for you with affection. God bless you…Trishie :slight_smile:

almost my entire family is Protestant I have one fundamentalist aunt who actually believes that people in heaven cannot see hear or help us here on earth. Not only that Protestants don’t believe that the Eucharist is truly the body and blood of Christ. Believe me the Protestant churches and notice I said churches since every denomination has its own interpretation of the Bible and probably its own version of the Bible as well since there’s no unified agreement among them. After looking into these churches I was driven to the Catholic Church not away from it.

I offer my prayers through the intercession of St. Michael the Archangel.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.