Please pray for me

I have a few issues which bother me.

First, please pray for healing from general anxiety disorder and depression.

Second, please pray that I become detached from certain material things. They aren’t perverted or evil, BUT they are hobbies that take me away from God. I get so caught up in doing them that I don’t set aside time for GOD. (This Lent, I am abstaining from one hobby because it is a major distraction.)

Thanks!

Praying for Lynn

From the Eucharistic Liturgy:

Priest: Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In your mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
All: For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and forever.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Get yourself a good doctor and ask him/her to prescribe the best anti-depressant for you. Next, you need to to talk to someone you can trust. This could be a priest, a family member or a friend. A therapist who charges loads of money is not the best, in my opinion. Sorry, therapists and counselors - I’ve been one.

Depression is an illness and it is not a virus that will go away. It will take time but you need to look after yourself to the exclusion of others. I know that this sounds harsh but it is the truth.

It seems to me that you are indulging in an activity which is stopping you from feeling the root cause of your suffering. No one can stop you doing this. It is up to you. Please seek some help and pray. I’ll pray for you.

Dear Lord,

You who are most merciful, you who are the beginning and the end, alpha and omega, please help at this your child’s hour of need, look with mercy and answer all our prayers to drive away depression, anxiety and unnecessary habits, that take away from you. Be the centre of love, grace and truth.

We pray to you o Lord.

May the Lord lighten your load and may you feel His healing Grace clense you with the warmth of His Love and Mercy.

Paul

ps hobbies can be a time to bring you to God by allowing Him to have the influence in those things we love to do. I enjoy wood working. I imagine Jesus as a young boy watching His earthly father in his trade and I try to let God and Jesus into my hobbies by sharing it with them. Remember they are there, it’s a relationship and talk to them as you do those things. I try to keep Him as my central focus in all that I do all day. Now I don’t know what your hobbies are but bring God into them and do it for Him as well. I hope you feel better and please God Bless you in your time of need.

Praying very hard to St. Dymphna for you!

Praying for you.

Praying for you

Lynn, it sounds like you’ve made a good start with your intention for Lenten penance. May the Lord help you to persevere. May the Lord grant you a peaceful heart and mind, filled with His love. :slight_smile:

Lent is about ‘giving up’ but also about ‘taking up’…taking up for instance little extra acts of charity towards others. May God help you and all of us to persevere in our penance and also to perseverein becoming more actively loving towards others during Lent…making this a new beginning for your life, and our lives.

Dear Lord, please help her keep her resolution to grow closer to you, through the intercession of our Blessed Mother. Amen.

Thanks for the prayers. :slight_smile:

Regarding the depression, I am on 200 mg Zoloft. We want to have kids soon, so Zoloft is the best for pregnant women. (MD already determined it is better to be on Zoloft than getting postpartum depression.) The root is my problem is 90% chemical, and right now I have PMS, which always worsens my depression. :frowning:

Regarding the hobby, I like writing wikipedia topics about stuff I’ve been interested in. I love to write! And, now I’m finding two librarians who want to put my wiki entries into their colleges’ archives, as it would benefit the schools. :slight_smile: People have told me that I am a great writer, and I’ve been asked to help others with their writing. :slight_smile: So, I know this is a GIFT from GOD. :slight_smile: I realize that giving it up during Lent is a way for me to “take on” the charity of praying for others.

Anyway, yuck! I was researching a favorite singer of mine from college, just for something to do. I started reading about her abortions and how she publicizes those procedures, extremely anti-life. I could feel evil from my computer- it was so sad, so devastating to read that she has not realized that she ended a LIFE. So just pray that any evil vibes I got quickly leave me. I’ll be praying, too!

Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.