Please Pray For Me

Hello all:

It has been quite some time since I have been on this board. Like many others who likely leave this board because they are struggling in their faith, such is the case for me as well.

I have truly been struggling with many aspects of my faith and am trying to get back on track to God’s kingdom here on Earth.

In particular, I have sinned and am very uncomfortable about going to confession. Please pray for me that I can amend my life and return to God and also that I can find the strength to go to confession and face my sins.

I will be praying for you. Trust me I know the feeling, I’m facing the same issues somewhat. When I go to confession I go where I am most comfortable and try to find a priest I am most comfortable with. Lately though I’ve had pretty awkward/bad confession experiences as well as I am currently moving around this summer. If anything it’s like a slap in the face especially when I am in most need of help and advice from a priest and they just don’t get it or they scoff at you. Even with all that though, I feel refreshed afterwards and it’s usually a short ordeal when it is an ordeal. Most of the time it’s not though. Just don’t loose hope and faith and go through it if anything for God/Jesus. Jesus died for all of us anyway, the least we can do is go to confession when in need.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

amen

And may the Holy Spirit give the op grace and courage to make a good confession.:signofcross:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Please don’t feel embaressed regarding the priest. You can be sure he’s heard it all many times before.
I ask Jesus to help you to return whole-heartedly to Him, and to remain in His grace forever.

Semesq,

Speaking as one who has never been to confession but who longs to as I wait to clear certain hurdles on the way to conversion, I have heard of those who have fears about confession or who have had some negative experiences.

My suggestion is this:

1. Pray for the priest(s) you may go to for confession. God’s grace upon them will certainly be of help to you.
  2. Seek to see Christ in your confessor. Even though the individual priest may say or do something that is insensitive, remember we do not love God any more than the person we love the least. Jesus said, “If you do it unto the least of these…you do it unto me.” Find a way to care for the priest(s) in your life as they may be feeling quite a deficit in being cared about even as they are to care so much for others. Quite often priests are wounded healers. My experience from 10 years as a Lutheran pastor confirms this.
  3. Seek the grace from God to focus upon your confession, the relieving of your burden, the sin(s) you carry - and the absolution that clears the slate for you. And whatever pennance you receive, give thanks to God that you can do anything, whatever it is in reparation for the damage your sin(s) may have caused. And if the priest reveals a lack of sensitivity or whatever that is negative, take that to prayer, and make it your mission to pray several times a day for that priest so that with his healing his pastoral care of others will grow in charity.
  4. Finally, as to your own sin(s), look once again at the crucifix. Be reminded that Jesus submitted to the cross knowing full well ahead of time you, me and everyone who ever lived (save his mother Mary) would sin, would pound nail after nail into that cross with our sins. And yet he did it anyway. See his outspread arms on that cross - realize that that is Christ’s embrace of you waiting to be received through confession. He is not shocked by your sin, only grieved that because of fear or worry the grace he won for us continues to go unrecieved and unused by us who needlessly stay away from confession. Jesus is not a savior who rescues us from little sins, but from the biggest, yes from all sins combined. If we waited until we were perfect, or right enough to go to confession, we would never go and alas we would die in our sins. Jesus bids you come to him in the Sacrament of Reconcilliation and be healed. Do not delay any longer. For to continue to wait is to imply that he is not God and cannot forgive, or that he is not loving and will not forgive you specifically. Nothing could be further from the truth. Do not let the fact that a human priest is the tool that God uses to convey his mercy upon you get in your way. The priest has heard it all many times before. If he says anything remotely judgmental, it is he who has incurred a grave sin upon himself for doing so. Jesus condemned no one and so the priest acting in the person of Christ has no right to do so either. If he does, it is not then and there God speaking but the sin within the man. In this case, after confession, we are called to love those who do not show love in return. This is what followers of Jesus are called to do and it is what they seek his grace to do.

I pray now that you receive the grace to over come your doubts, fears, worries and pain from past negative experiences in the confessional. God be merciful unto you, in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Stay with this board, if you can! You are welcome here and we will be sad if you leave.

Remember that when you confess, you are confessing to the priest (however imperfect) but at the same time to Christ acting in him. Are you afraid to confess to Christ? He will not condemn you, as He did not condemn Mary Magdalen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Please don’t think your sin is any bigger or worse than anyone elses, we all sin and the priests have heard it all…as long as you confess, come back to Jesus…and follow Him, you’re saved…Anything can be accomplished as long as you have faith in our Lord and Savior…

Jesus, you take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us…Amen

I will pray for you. God Bless.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed are the fruit of thy whom Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now,

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.