Please Pray for Me

I am finding it increasingly difficult to believe in God. My faith in Catholicism has always been such an important part of my life that this difficulty has been very disconcerting. I still find the tenets of the Church to be beautiful, and for the most part good to live by. I just seem to be finding it more and more difficult to believe in the Christian God. Please pray for me.:frowning:

My Lord and My God

You lift up the poor in spirit

You raise the lowly

You give freedom to the oppressed

You favour the weak

You heal the sick

You strengthen us in faith

You show us the way of life

You pour out your Spirit on us

You are present to us in the Eucharist

You give us new life

You plead for us to Father

You comfort us in pain

You offer us peace

You grant us salvation

You chose St.Thomas to be your disciple

You appeared to him after the Resurrection

You enabled to make a personal confession of faith

You sent him to proclaim the Good News

You empowered him in his struggles

You made him your witness

You listen to our prayers.

Father, look kindly on your people who have come to your presence with their pains and sufferings. We have come to you with trust and confidence in your mercy. Oftentimes we feel feeble, fragile and frustrated.

Through the powerful intercession of St.Thomas our apostle, grant us the inner courage to face the realities of life. Give us a new hope and courage to carry our daily crosses, aware that they are fruitful for our life and salvation. Amen.

santhomebasilica.com/prayer1.html

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

You may well be experiencing what many Christians . . . *in varying degrees over the centuries *. . . have experienced in their walk with our Wonderful God . . . which is called the . . . “dark night of the soul” . . . which God allows many of His children at one time or another to experience . . . *and it is actually a rather normal “trial” of faith . . . *

Essentially . . . it lies in the reality that genuine love is a . . . CHOICE . . . not just emotion . . . which emotion can carry us away in all kinds of “not marvelous” directions at times if not disciplined by God’s :heart: Love with caution and reason . . . One needs to discipline and detach ones heart and emotions from anything . . . *people/places/experiences and/or things *. . . that might take precedence over one’s heart’s choosing its **first :heart: love **. . . which should always . . . be God and His Ways . . . and our consecration to Him . . .

:coffeeread:
Dark Night of the Soul

The term **“dark night (of the soul)” is used in Christianity **for a spiritual crisis in a journey towards union with God, like that described by Saint John of the Cross.

[quote]Dark Night of the Soul (Spanish: La noche oscura del alma)

is the title of a poem written by 16th century Spanish poet and Roman Catholic mystic Saint John of the Cross, as well as of a treatise he wrote later, commenting on the poem. The expression has since become a metaphor used to describe a phase in a person’s spiritual life, marked by a sense of loneliness and desolation … Saint Thérèse of Lisieux, a 19th-century French Carmelite, underwent similar experience. Centering on doubts about the afterlife, she reportedly told her fellow nuns, “If you only knew what darkness I am plunged into.”

While this crisis is presumed to be temporary in nature, it may be extended. The “dark night” of Saint Paul of the Cross in the 18th century lasted 45 years, from which he ultimately recovered. Mother Teresa of Calcutta, according to letters released in 2007, “may be the most extensive such case on record”, lasting from 1948 almost up until her death in 1997, with only brief interludes of relief between [2] … a friend of Mother Teresa for a large part of her life, claims that **“the darkness left” **towards the end of her life.

In the** Christian **tradition, one who has developed a strong prayer life and consistent devotion to God suddenly finds traditional prayer extremely difficult and unrewarding for an extended period of time during this **“dark night.” **The individual may feel as though God has suddenly abandoned them or that his or her prayer life has collapsed. In the most pronounced cases, belief is lost in the very existence of God and/or validity of religion

**Rather than resulting in devastation, however, the dark night is perceived by mystics and others to be a blessing in disguise, whereby the individual is stripped (in the dark night of the senses) of the spiritual ecstasy associated with acts of virtue. Although the individual may for a time seem to outwardly decline in their practices of virtue, they in reality become more virtuous, as they are being virtuous less for the spiritual rewards (ecstasies in the cases of the first night) obtained and more out of a true :heart: love for God. It is this purgatory, a purgation of the soul, that brings purity and union with God.
[RIGHT]
- Wikipedia
[/RIGHT]
[/quote]

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1
:bible1:
. . . Holy Spirit of our Wonderful God . . .
. . . teach, guide and direct . . .

:gopray2:
***“O God
incline unto mine aid,
O Lord
make haste to help me.”
***Psalm 69:2
:bible1:
[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+[/RIGHT]

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation.
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.
Amen.

For your intentions…

Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee. Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved, and let it penetrate my thought, my way of judging Divine things and human things. Lord, let my faith be joyful and give peace and gladness to my spirit, and dispose it for prayer with God and conversation with men, so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation. Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume to be based on the experience of my thought and of my feeling; but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, and not have any better guarantee than in docility to Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.