Please pray for me

I am suffering from a severe case of depression, anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. At this point I am completely in despair, paralyzed with fear and have no hope left. I have a wife and two little daughters but my condition is so severe that I can’t think clearly and keep reverting to suicidal thinking. I am taking medication, which is not helping and have tried pretty much everything else as well. I am attending Healing Ministry but am hardly able to do even that. I want to participate in the Eucharist but keep doing so without confessing first as I have terrible anxiety about going to confession. Please say at least a small prayer for me and my family.

Matt, please don’t let your feelings rule your actions. You know that what you’re feeling isn’t reality; it’s the anxiety and depression. Please, if you can possibly do it, go to confession and before confessing, tell the priest why it’s very hard for you to confess. Feelings can be so overpowering they can convince us of anything and make us feel we have no hope even when the hope Jesus offers is very real. You do have reason to hope but you can’t feel it right now. Try hard to act on the knowledge rather than the feeling. (Are you sure you shouldn’t receive the Eucharist because of a specific mortal sin or do you just feel you shouldn’t receive?) I’ll pray for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Matt, I am so sorry and troubled to hear your story. I won’t pretend to understand what you’re going through, but please, please talk to someone about what you’re feeling. I know personally of so many situations where talking has really been the key - talk to a family member, a priest or pick up the phone and speak to someone confidentially. You and your family shall be in my prayers.

Lord, I pray that Matt places his trust in your merciful love and just surrenders himself to your merciful love and goes to confession as soon as he needs it. If he’s not in a state of grace how can he get out of his depression, anxiety and OCD and feel well again? I pray that he finds a good spiritual director/confessor and gets the help he desperately needs. It seems he needs someone special in his life right now to help him experience love more profoundly and to help him see the light at the end of his dark tunnel. Jesus working through a saintly priest can do this for him. Please help him meet a good saintly priest for spiritual direction. Please let Matt know he can always send me messages if he needs to talk with a friend and get some support. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Matt,

Your story seems very similar to that of my brother. Catholic healing and prayer have really helped him. I will pray for you, put your trust in prayer and God. God bless.

EM

Oh my Jesus I ask you to help this man that he may overcome his illness and I ask St Michael and all the saints to come to his rescue to sweep out the evil thoughts so he may continue to be a part of his beautiful family. Please help his family to understand and help him in this most difficut time

In Christ,

Amen

Matt,

I know it is difficult for you to go to confession. Just remember that it is a sacrament of Mercy.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Jesus please help Matt to grow towards peace and trust.
Please help him to recover from his extreme fears, including of Confession, where Your priest represents You, and he in any case has heard so many sins and will not judge, only welcome, Matt.

I know how debilitating depression and anxiety are. I’ve sometimes had panic attacks before confession, so I hear you there too! I do have medication and it helps, but it doesn’t cure it. It has, however, made it possible for me to go to confession when otherwise I might be paralyzed. (I’m also very introverted by nature, so that doesn’t help in my case!)

I think the idea of talking to the priest beforehand about why confession is difficult for you is a good one. For me, I find that going anonymously helps tremendously as well.

I will pray for you, most definitely.

Francesca

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers……

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.