Please Pray for me

Hello,

I found this site today while worrying about my current state of employment. I must first say that I am not perfect. I try to live my life according to Gods plan but I know that I sometimes stray. That is why I chose the “name” NoSaint. As I type this I feel I am not worthy of Gods mercy or intervention but when I look at the many gifts in my life I know that they are due to the intervention and love of God.

All that being said, I feel God has led me here today. A stranger to you but family all the same. If God led me here then he must be giving me permission to impose on you for prayers.

I am lost. I need a job and I have come close so many times but not been given an offer. I am once again close and I need this job. I need to get out of this horrible rut I am in and make myself feel like I some how matter and that I am worth while.

I appreciate all prayers. Please pray that I get this offer so I can start to rebuild my life.

God Bless you all and please ask God for His blessings upon me.

Sincerely,
Brian D

Brian:

Welcome to the Forums! I am a Christian in the Protestant sector and I love it here.

First, you do matter and you have great worth. You are a child of the living God, and God will not abandon you.

I will also say, that I am no saint either. You will find thousands of “NoSaints” on the forums, so you are in good company.

I can relate to your situation. I was there several years ago. I went more than two years without income, due to disabling health problems. I went through all my retirement funds and all my investments. God brought me through all of that, and provided for all my needs. He will do the same for you.

So, if you do not mind a “Protestant” prayer, I would be honored to offer prayers for you.

Our Father in Heaven, we give you praise and honor and glory.
We thank you for your love and for your mercy.
I lift up Brian, and ask that your peace wash over him.
Please help him to feel your love–to feel your presence, and to know that he matters–because he belongs to you.
I ask that you provide the right job at the right time, and that you will provide for all of his needs.
Please help Brian to rebuild his life–may it be on the foundation of your Word.
It is in the name of Christ, our Savior, that I ask these things.
Amen.

Welcome Brian to CAF!

I’m praying that you find some decent work …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I thank both of you for the prayers. All prayers are welcome!

I will be sure to update you on my progress.

Hi Brian :slight_smile: Welcome!!

It’s so hard to maintain ourselves when the very thing we define ourselves by, our employment, isn’t there. Just remember that first we are His children, and He loves you so very much. You are His child who just happens to need work. Smile at least 10 times today. Your heart will start to smile.

That being said, my husband is in the same predicament, so for you, and for him, I offer the following:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I know totally how you feel right now. I got laid off from my job in june, and I am working measly hours part time at a popular retailer as a holiday employee. It’s weird that I work so few hours but they scheudle those hours so I feel like I don’t ever see my husband. :frowning:

I also tried to go back to school but my application was denied so I pray for you now:

Hail May full of grace
the Lord is with you
blessed are you among women
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death

Our father who art in heaven
Hallowed by thy name
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day, our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
amen

Prayers!

Our family is also hurting from unemployment.

Amen!

Welcome, Brian.
I hope and pray that this time your application and interviews will be successful.

And probably there are saints here! But most of us, like you, are just trying the best we can manage! Warm regards, and God bless you,
Trishie

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.Amen

Thanks again everyone. Your prayers are touching and words are comforting.

I will make sure I say an extra prayer for all of you and everyone struggling this evening.

Welcome, Brian!:slight_smile:

Lord, please help Brian get this job if it is the job you want for him. May he always make himself open to the job you want for him, but may he try and get to daily Mass for the graces he needs to keep strong in faith, hope, and love especially at this difficult time in his life when his self-esteem is getting a little low. May he find his worth not in “doing” but in just “being” - in just being a dearly beloved child of yours made in your image and likeness. You have a plan for Brian. Right now might be the time you want him to start working again, but whatever you have planned for Brian, may he remain surrendered to your merciful love with total confidence that you are in control and are molding him and his life into a masterpiece - Brian just needs to cooperate with love and patience under the chisel of your masterful and loving hand and know that all things do work for the good of those who love you and do your will, including Brian himself. Bless Brian with this job, if it is what is best for him. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

All:

I want to thank you for your prayers. The Lord has heard our prayers! Today, the hiring manager I have been speaking with called to set up a meeting to present me with a job offer.

I am rejoicing in the knowledge that God feels this is an opportunity for me to consider. Unless something is REALLY wrong I will be taking this job.

I would like to offer the following:

For all You have given,
Thank You God.

For all You have withheld,
Thank You God.

For all You have withdrawn,
Thank You God.

For all You have permitted,
Thank You God.

For all You have prevented,
Thank You God.

For all You have forgiven me,
Thank You God.

For all You have prepared for me,
Thank You God.

For the death You have chosen for me,
Thank you God.

For the place you are keeping for me in heaven,
Thank You God.

For having created me to love You for eternity,
Thank You God.

Heavenly Father, please watch over the good people of this community. I am eternally grateful to you and for your blessings. I am thankful that in my time of need you sent me to this forum and in turn sent these people to me. I offer my most sincere thank you and pray that I can lead my life in the example you have set. I pray that if it is your will, the people who pray to you will get what they need but I know that you would never give them anything they can’t handle. I hope and pray for their safety and good health.

Amen.

Thank you for the inspiring prayer you shared with us, Brian.
Thank you also for your generous prayer for us here in this forum.

Jesus please help Brian to keep faith and hope, despite the difficulty of finding employment along with so many unemployed.

[size=2]Jesus who lived amongst us as human person with human needs, please have mercy on those who have lost jobs, and incomes, especially upon Brian[/size]

[FONT=Verdana][size=2]In Your early life you needed Joseph to find work in order to support You and Your Mother. He had to leave the work he supported Mary with during her pregnancy, to then find work in a foreign country where he didn’t even know the language; and then again when he took Your family to Nazareth. Later, others supported You by their charity, during Your public mission.

In Your understanding of human needs, please grant our prayers for reliable work for Brian.[/size][/FONT]

Bless him for his humility and his generosity

Praying for you NoSaint and to all those seeking employment. :gopray2:

Brian, I'm delighted that the hiring manager is setting you up for a job!
We thank and praise You, loving God, for Your goodness to our brother in Christ!
Please continue to bless Brian all the days of his life!

:harp:

Praying my heart out for you and all of the unemployed.

The Lord is good .
Praise the Lord
Wonderful news Brian.Good luck with the job.Thankyou for your prayers for everyone here.Continue to trust in the Lord.Whenever you feel worried about things in your life say
Jesus I trust You.

Glory be to the Father
and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the begining
is now and ever shall be
world without end
Amen

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.