Please pray for me?

I'm having a crisis of faith in God and in the Catholic Church's version of God. To make matters worse, I haven't been able to go to Mass in a month because of a physical condition that shows no signs of abating just yet. (The physical condition has nothing to do with the crisis of faith.) I'd appreciate it very much if you could keep me in your prayers, especially at Mass and Communion, I probably won't be able to go this Sunday either.
Thanks.

Praying for you of course, then…though I find the phrase, “in the Catholic Church’s version of God” a bit confusing.
I’m sorry you are ill. Praying for you with love. Hugs, T

O God, I humbly implore…
In my lack of trust, let me live faith.
In my disappointment, let me live hope.
In my bleakness, let me live joy.
In the emptiness of my heart, let me live love.
In my deprivations, let me value what is precious before You.
In my weakness and illness, grant me spiritual health.

In my anger and resentment, let me live generosity and forgiveness.
In my detachment, let me live community.
In the difficulties of commitment, let me be dedicated.
In my failures, let Your Spirit bless and heal.
In my successes, let Your will be served.

In human reality, let me live spiritual wisdom.
In maturity, let me become true child of the Father.
In my individuality, let me live in Eucharistic communion.
In the kind and warm things that I try to do, let Your grace flow.

In the confusion of my life, in my striving and good intentions
—regardless of my doubts, mistakes and infirmities, let me fully live Your will in vibrant, humble trust.

Eternal Father, in our difficulties, in our disappointments, in our illnesses, we cannot endure prolonged or severe spiritual desolation without Your support. Please comfort us, and increase our faith.

You know that Jesus, though sinless, chose to suffer with us, drinking the cup of our unloving choices to the full. Jesus suffered doubt as we do when He cried out,* “My God, My God, why have You abandoned Me?”* We unite our doubt with His, for You look with silent pity and unspeakable love on Your Son.

Jesus, You say to me, “Take up your cross and follow Me!” “If you love me, keep my commandments.”** I fix my eyes upon the bright scars of Your ransom for me. Why did You suffer so terribly for me who even now remain unconverted? Yet Your wounds, Your hands, Your heart and Your word are filled with promises that You desire to fulfil in me and in others.

Give us strength to bear doubt when it comes, our God, so that with Jesus we can say, *“Father, into Your hands I commend my spirit”, *thus joining with Him to death of unbelief and sin—into freedom of rising with Him into the glory of the redeemed spirit.

I offer You my only coin—trust against all appearances, hope despite my heartache, and faith despite my sins and flaws. Mercifully accept this meagre offering and open Your treasure house of love to me and my loved ones, and to those whom You wish to serve through me.

Trishie, my phraseology probably wasn't the best. I'm upset and tired. Sorry.

You’re tired and sick, and battling alone…already understood, FF. You are in my love and prayers.

The devil will do anything to weaken our faith, to mislead us, anything to keep us away from the true Church of Christ. One Sorrowful Mystery to strengthen your faith, and for physical healing.

Praying hard.

I am praying for you.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, o Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Hi fickledfred

I just prayed this prayer for Holly. I think it will help you too. It’s the Nicene Creed.

We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
and of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
one in Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation,
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he was born of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified
under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered died and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the
Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son
he is worshipped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy
catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one
baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come.
Amen.

Also praying that you will make to church this Sunday …

In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Our Precious Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this individual and their willingness to admit doubt. Dear Lord, I lift your Child in prayer. I pray that you will give the grace that is needed during this lack of faith. We all go through times when our faith is tested, please Lord help our dear sibling in Christ to grow in you, trust in you. Please give the wisdom for our friend to call a Priest to receive spiritual aide, regarding the confusion of the Catholic Faith. May this Priest be gentle, kind, understanding and above all representing you in the utmost way when speaking with your Child. May the power of the Holy Spirit be present during this conversation and may there be once again Your peace in our dear friend’s heart. I ask this sincerely and with the hope of Christ Jesus our Lord,

In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Prayer for Faith
Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation.
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my
feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to
Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.

FickleFreckled I am so sorry you are feeling this way.You are in my prayers.God bless

Eternal God, sometimes it seems to some of us that it is You whom we do not know how to forgive, for we are only human, and we fail to understand Your ways, and unanswered prayers, and our broken lives
Eternal God, when my spirit has burned to ashes, ground to dust with a boulder of mute and heavy sorrow, please give me trust in Your personal love for me.

When my sins, and mine or others’ mistakes or uncaring have wounded and savaged my heart, where are You to restore what is injured even when I plead for Your intervention and strive to heal the damage? And yet, if You seem absent, I still humbly cry out for Your mercy and healing.

When my efforts leave me helpless with no path left to try, please comfort me and show me a new path.

When others undermine with repeated assaults and short-circuit my resolve, send wise friends to comfort and support me. For no sooner has one problem and heartache eased or resolved than another, equally painful, arises for another or myself.

I seek You but sometimes am left to feel You are steeled against me and my life becomes a flat salt desert. Please help me to trust in You even then, when trust no longer seems possible.

My heart cries out repeatedly, groping in the helplessness of fears, disappointments and grief that words cannot convey; screaming in the silence of my brain. Is my only comfort, some day, death?

Yet still I call on You and place my tatters of faith in You.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Thank you all so much for your prayers. God must be hearing you; I went to the doctor this afternoon and I can return to the land of the living; I can go to Mass tomorrow.

I appreciate your continued prayers for the other issue, too...

FF

Loving God we thank You for resolving FF's immediate difficulties, and ask that this blessing wil go some way to resolving the second problem. Please senf Your Holy Spirit to give whatever grace and enlightenment may be requires.
Thank You, our great and mysterious God.

Praise the Lord for answered prayers. I will keep you in my prayers FF! sambfive :slight_smile:

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

This is wonderful news.May God bless you and watch over you always

Our Father who art in heaven
hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgvie those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil
Amen

[quote="FickleFreckled, post:15, topic:177574"]
Thank you all so much for your prayers. God must be hearing you; I went to the doctor this afternoon and I can return to the land of the living; I can go to Mass tomorrow.

I appreciate your continued prayers for the other issue, too...

FF

[/quote]

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions…..

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayers for these intentions. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.