Please pray for me

I'm having horrible anxiety attacks.

A person very close to me is having anxiety attacks also, and I pray for her, so I will pray for you also, as I am becoming aware of how sad all this can be. I don't know what's the matter, why there seems no consolation, or very slow and tiny steps at a time, but there must be a reason, and we know that God can bring good out of every evil. Hang in there, have faith, pray in your own words, look about you for signs of hope and for beautiful things. Write some more if it helps.

God bless you today and tonight and tomorrow...

Praying for you and asking St. Dymphna to pray for you as well.

I will pray for you that if it please the Lord, your anxiety attacks will disappear, along with their cause, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Praying.

I will pray for you.

[quote="pollylodges, post:1, topic:210479"]

[/quote]

Blood of Christ cover pollylodges with Your protection from fear and anxiety. Wrap Your strong arms around her and hold her near. Calm her spirit and strengthen her with Your strength and teach her of Your Truth. In the precious Name of Jesus I pray, amen.
mlz

*I had anxiety attacks for years and still have some break through anxiety.
I take a lot of medication for Mild Schizophrenia and am pretty much
anxiety free now twenty years later. I have more paranoia than anxiety.
Anxiety is the worst. I will pray for you. You can private message or email me.

Lord surround your child with the peace that passes all understanding.

Lorraine

Praying hard to St. Dymphna for you.

May God rise up to destroy the fear and anxiety in your heart, Polly. May He shower you and surround you with His loving care and Peace. I’m sorry I didn’t see your request sooner Polly, because I know what you are going through.

I pray you are feeling better today. How are you? Please let me know.

Jesus, I Trust in You!

[/quote]

I used to have panic and anxiety attacks. I would have to take Clonopin every time this occurred. If the Clonopin didn't work and the attacks were so severe, I would pray "Jesus I Trust in You." until it became part of my breathing. That usually calmed me down.

You are in my prayers.

My strategies that I have developed over 20+ years of anxiety and panic:

- Pray (like Pavel said) a simple and trusting prayer like “Jesus, I trust in You”
  • I take as small of a dose of Xanax as I can to take the edge off. I hate being dependent on medication (and I have weaned off all medications over the years) but sometimes you need to chip away at the panic

• My wife is great at understanding my anxiety. Sometimes, all I need to do is tell her “I’m feeling panic” and just saying it and connecting to another person helps. Talk to someone you trust if possible

• Walk. If it’s nighttime I walk around inside the house praying and doing relaxing breathing (In through the nose, out through the mouth almost like a whistle and blow OUT more than IN)

• Take a shower. Make it cold or hot depending on what distracts you from your body cues that happen in anxiety

• Do anything physical – cleaning, vacuuming, mowing grass, calisthenics

• Make some tea. I have chamomile and green tea in the cabinet and sometimes just the act of making tea is calming

I hope anything helps you. Please feel free to send me a private message if I can do anything else for you. Peace be with you!

[/quote]

My dear friend speaking as someone who has suffered greatly with anxiety and panic attacksin the past I totally sympathise.Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.Drink plenty of water and try to get plenty of sleep even if it is in the daytime.Go see your doctor too.May God bless you.

Lord please surround our friend pollylodges with Your love that he may be comforted.When he is afraid and anxious please guide him out of these fears.Please grant him strength and the ability to overcome these anxieties.Lord in Your mercy please hear our prayers and heal him Amen

Mother Mary please intercede for our friend and be with him in his darkest moments that he will be able to overcoem these anxieties
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven

Hallowed be thy name

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done.

On Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

Forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us.

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Praying. And each Sunday, after the Lord's prayer, your priest, in personal christe, will pray for protecting us against all anxiety.

Trust in the Lord, and He will protect you and give you Strength and we, your brothers and sisters, will pray for you.

Blessings,

Brian

Lord I ask You to comfort pollylodgesand take away his anxiety.Today myself I have been suffering quite badly myself.It has reminded me of how overwhelming it is and frightening.We all need you so much dear Lord in our everyday lives.Please hear our prayers for our friend and grant him healing.Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Continued prayers for you my dear friend pollylodges.Hope things are settling down a bit.You are in my thoughts and prayers.God bless

Blood of Christ cover pollylodges with Your protection from fear and anxiety. Wrap Your strong arms around her and hold her near. Calm her spirit and strengthen her with Your strength and teach her of Your Truth. In the precious Name of Jesus I pray, amen.
mlz

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.