Please pray for me...

Don’t want to go into a lot of detail but the person I was going to marry left a few months ago with no real explanation and I still haven’t recovered. I stopped going to church for a long time after it happened, I was so heartbroken and angry at God. I’ve come back recently but it’s a real struggle to have that faith that used to come so easy for me. It’s getting to be ridiculous, it’s been so long and I still can’t get over her. I know it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal to someone not going through it and I know these feelings aren’t healthy but there’s really nothing I can do to stop myself from missing her the way I do. Please pray for me that I can find some kind of peace from this situation, because I don’t know how much longer I can take it. Thank you so much.

Praying hard for you.

Praying for you …

Been There!
I was left by a girl I was going to marry also.
I cried for days.
In my thirties I had given up on ever being married.
Then my wife came along and changed all that.
I will pray for you…

Dan ✞

Thank you. I’m sure you know what I think my chances of that are right now but I’m trying not to be irrational. I hope it’ll happen for me too.

Praying for the healing of your broken heart.

For your prayer request:

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, it is so hard to go on sometimes when we don’t get any answers. We don’t know what we are supposed to do, or why things happen. We only know that you have better things in mind and that when you close one door, you open another. Please heal Tarwater’s heart and have him see that we do not always need to understand in order to carry on. Please help him to see that there is nothing wrong with missing the one he loves, but that in time, his pain will lessen if he puts his trust in You Lord, who are all merciful and loving. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

I’m so sorry to hear that you had to suffer such heart break. I know at moments like this words don’t really help. But know that, even though you are a stranger, you are also a brother of mine in Christ and that I will remember you in my prayers today. Though it is difficult keep your faith in the Lord, He will never abandon you.

Also, you may want to make an appointment to talk to your priest about this. Or, if you feel that talking to a priest might not help as much because he is obviously an un-married man, then perhaps your parish has a permanent deacon who is married and can relate better? Either way, it is in our darkest hours that we need to cling most closely to the Lord for He is our Refuge.

I’ve never done something like this online, so I’m extremely humbled to see the response it’s gotten. Thank you all so much for your prayers and encouragement. I did attempt to meet with a priest about this but he’s a busy man and it left me a bit discouraged that he didn’t have time to meet with me. I know that’s not his fault and I may try to speak to another one in my area. Again, thank you. I’ve got a long way to go but knowing that I have others praying for me really means a lot.

Boy I know that feeling. I took a long time to get over still thought about it years later even though I was over it. Hang in there and go to your church and Christ instead of away when things get tough. Find worth while things to stay busy with and Ms.Right will find you. Praying for you.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord, it is so hard to go on sometimes when we don’t get any answers. We don’t know what we are supposed to do, or why things happen. We only know that you have better things in mind and that when you close one door, you open another. Please heal Tarwater’s heart and have him see that we do not always need to understand in order to carry on. Please help him to see that there is nothing wrong with missing the one he loves, but that in time, his pain will lessen if he puts his trust in You Lord, who are all merciful and loving. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said,
"Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart."
With confidence in Your loving heart
which offers rest to weary souls,
we come to You in this time of special need.
In Your unfailing love,
read the prayer that is written on our hearts,
and grant the grace that we ask of You,
in accordance with Your holy will.
In Your name we pray.
Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said,
"Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart."
With confidence in Your loving heart
which offers rest to weary souls,
we come to You in this time of special need.
In Your unfailing love,
read the prayer that is written on our hearts,
and grant the grace that we ask of You,
in accordance with Your holy will.
In Your name we pray.

Amen.

Dear Lord, assist Tarwater over this bump in his faith. Grant that he will come to terms with his loss and find peace once again.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.