Please pray for me.

I injured my knee just over two months ago. Every day since, I've been in pain.

I've had swelling and stiffness, and can't straighten my leg, bear weight, run, swim or walk for long periods without hurting myself. I've had x-rays and had physiotherapy, but since I started the rehab there's been no real considerable improvement and I've had to stop the exercises I was doing due to the pain.

Recently I experienced a spike in pain, so I went back to the doctor today. I'm now booked in to see an orthopaedic surgeon and have an MRI. I'm also on crutches for a week. I feel like the problems I've having are bringing me closer to God, but they're still hard to deal with and I feel quite depressed and alone. I'm meant to be going overseas in five months, and I really want to be better by then.

If you could remember me in your intentions, I would be very grateful. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for God’s healing.

Lord, please heal sparrowhawk28 in accordance with your holy and perfect will. Please grant him/her strength, courage, patience, peace, the deepest faith, surrender to your holy will, and abandonment to your divine providence. May your holy and perfect will be done in his/her life with no obstacles to your will. May he/she be abandoned to your merciful love full of confidence in your merciful love. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Thank you all for your kindness and prayers - they are sincerely and deeply appreciated. Just having to grin and bear it at the moment.

Continuing prayers for your healing ...

:gopray:

Thank you all for your kindness. I ask that you please continue to pray for my health and healing.

I’ve described my symptoms to several people, and a few have told me it sounds like I could have damaged some ligaments. If this is the case, I may need to have surgery.

Whatever happens, I trust in God. Just waiting to see the doctor in two weeks’ time. Until then, please remember me in your intentions. I will keep you in my own.

God, may you bless and heal sparrowhawk of his/her knee injury. May you bring forth the necessary medical diagnosis and treatments. May you comfort him/her in periods of anxiety or frustration over this struggle and use it to bring sparrowhawk closer to you and strengthen his/her faith and trust in you. We ask these things in the name of our Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ, the divine physician. Amen!

God bless you!!

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for you.

God bless,
Bryan

Thank you all. I see the doctor in just under a week and will post an update on the outcome. I began saying the Rosary and praying for healing this week - have found a great deal of comfort in that.

Keeping you in my intentions. God bless!

Thank you all for your prayers.

I saw the doctor yesterday. He examined my knee and didn’t think there were any serious problems (praise God! :bowdown2:) but I need to have an MRI scan done next week just to be certain of what the issue is.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

UPDATE: I went back to my doctor today for a follow-up, and they found no serious problem on the MRI. :gopray2::bowdown2:

It appears I just have a sprain that will take a couple more months to heal. I''m so relieved :) Praise be to God! And thank you all for your prayers. I am going to Adoration tonight and will remember you all as I spend time with Our Lord.

God bless.

For your intention bro…

Lord Jesus, we bring before you our brother who is in need of Your saving word and Your healing touch.

Please deal with him gently O Lord and restore him to full health of mind and body. Amen

Thank you Lord,

3 Hail Mary’s

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.