Please pray for me

Hi. I am plagued with so much thoughts and worries this exam period. Please pray for me to have the strength to shoulder on. The worry robs me of my energy to study sometimes. Its not as if I have not been studying. I have started early months before the exam and continued to work during this exam period (studying almost everyday for a few hours at least even when I am weak.) But now that its closer I’ve become more fearful and stressed.

Also, im fighting an addiction. This period’s stress together with fighting the temptations of the addiction really takes its toll. Sometimes I keep thinking about the addiction and that its better to just give in so that I can have a clear head to study afterwards. But then I feel so guilty (its sinful) and become even more stressed afterwards.

Conciously I know that the exam results are not as important as my effort I put in but I live in a highly stressed society whereby grades matter quite alot. I feel that if i dont have a good grade it will affect me in the future. So despite myself I feel very worried about the coming exams.

Please pray for me and if you have advice please share. Sometimes I just need to hear that everything will be alright. (I know my stress is irrational as there are many bigger problems out there.)

Lord, our God, you graciously chose St. Dymphna as patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders. She is thus an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who ask her intercession.

Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering such trials, and especially those for whom we pray.

James1990

We beg you, Lord, to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna on our behalf. Grant all those for whom we pray patience in their sufferings and resignation to your divine will. Please fill them with hope, and grant them the relief and cure they so much desire.

We ask this through Christ our Lord who suffered agony in the garden. Amen.

Just keep thinking u are almost done with the class/exam. If you feel you have done your best at studying, it may be time to accept it and leave it in God’s hands whatever will be is his will for your exam.-Good Luck

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

3 Rosaries a day ended my addiction if its the one I’m thinking your talking about. Especially the Sorrowful Mysteries. Also, pray the Chaplet. St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton and St. Mary Magdelene, pray for us!

Praying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.