Please pray for Mrs N my best friends mum...beaten by cowards with a crowbar

Please pray for my best friends mum Mrs N, she is in ICU with her injuries. This friend was my only catholic friend before I converted.

Her mum was beaten this afternoon in our country of origin, she was beaten whilst protecting her 7yo granddaughter. Thank god, another family member drove in and the perpertrators ran out and jumped over the fence and escaped.

Mrs N is a Catechist. She goes to slum areas where police fear to go. Our Lady showed her that slum in her dreams when she was a young married mother and she turned up in the slum after her youngest graduated and and just started talking to the women, started an outreach, catechism classes and is very welcome there. She is the engine of St Joseph’s parish.

I’m sorry for rambling, I’ve been crying for hours. :crying:

It is now 3 hours since the attack. Police found the perpetrators and two occupants of the vehicle were shot and wounded and in custody.

Thank you Jesus, thank you St Michael the Archangel and thank you to members of the police force.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Prayer to St. Luke:

Most charming and saintly Physician, you were animated by the heavenly Spirit of love. In faithfully detailing the humanity of Jesus, you also showed His divinity and His genuine compassion for all human beings. Inspire our physicians with your professionalism and with the divine compassion for their patients. Enable them to cure the ills of both body and spirit that afflict so many in our day.

Amen.

Hail Mary
Full of grace
Our Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And blessed the fruit of your womb, Jesus

Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Mary please hold your daughter Mrs N. in your loving arms. Present our prayers for her, her family, and her friends to your Son.

St. Michael the archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, oh Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by Divine Power, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who roam throughout the world, seeking the ruin of souls. Amen. +
St. Raphael, by God’s will defend all those working for His will. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Praying for Mrs. N’s health & recovery.

God, you care deeply for broken-hearted people. Those wounded remain close to your heart. I want to know the pain and the anger you feel about this. I want to share your sorrow. But empathy is not enough for me. On behalf of those who have suffered abuse, I ask for justice. I ask you to restore what has been taken from them. Give them back what has slipped from their hands, their innocence, their hope and their joy.

For children who’ve been physically and emotionally abused by those stronger and more powerful – Lord, have mercy and heal them. For women who have suffered under sexual exploitation: Lord, have mercy and heal them. For those who have lost their own power to choose the direction of their lives: Lord, set them free. For those locked behind bars of oppression: God, give them strength and courage to find a path to liberty.

Strengthen liberators who fight for justice. Grow indignation in me and in all your people against these offensive abuses. This is not your will; but you can use any tragedy to bring about your will. I pray that you will, and ask all these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Praying very hard for her recovery.

praying for the well being and full recovery of Mrs. N.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.