Please pray for my 1 year old daughter

Please pray for my youngest daughter. She has not been eating very well since Sunday, She has been relying mostly on milk and is very picky on solids. I have tried giving her a variety of foods but she refuses them. I do not know what to do anymore. She is also underweight.

I would do anything to just to have her eat solids but at this time I do not know what she wants.

Please pray for her.

Thank you!

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.” Psalm 32:8

Praying for you and your little girl. God Bless You.

Jesus if something is unsettling this litle girl’s system and needs attention, please let her mother find out what it is. Please help them both to deal with this worrying problem and recover quickly from it

Praying for your daughter.

As a mom of 6, I understand your worry and loving concern. you are on my prayer list for the health of this sweet child. May she and her Mom be blessed with the love, grace and peace of the Lord.

Try some nutritious drinks for kids. My daughter was like that when little and seemed to be always constipated. I tried sugar in foods to just get her to eat and now there is so much more fiber in foods try the yogurts with activia. Well she remained very colicey and still has trouble getting enough fiber. If your daughter is having diareah she may be lactose intolerant, that was our son’s problem. Praying for her. Amen

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.

Blessed Mother, hear our prayers.

Praying for your little girl’s health :).

i can understand your worry about your daughter. I am praying to god for her good sake.

Houston Gift Shop loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca download iPhone ringtones

Hi,

Was your daughter a premie? Does she have any problems with chewing and swallowing?

My son ended up with PVL which is brain damage that causes the child to have poor muscle control. He was a year old and had ended up with pneumonia three times before they did a swallow study and discovered he had trouble swallowing. (He was even aspirating small amounts of formula into his lungs.)

I’m not saying this is the problem with your daughter, but it might be something to check into.

My son still gags on different textures of food, but a speech therapist was very beneficial in manipulating his facial and oral muscles. This made the muscles stronger and made eating easier for him.

They wanted to put a feeding tube in my son, but I asked them to give me a couple more months. I finally was able to get him to eat Ensure pudding. (I had to get it from a place in our state’s capitol, because there aren’t any stores in my town that carry it.)
Eating the Ensure pudding served two purposes, it provided him with the vitamins and calories he need, as well as, forced him to use the muscles in his mouth to manipulate food and swallow.

When I went back to the doctor, my son had maintained his weight, so I was able to continue feeding him orally. I started putting in his mouth tiny pieces of food that dissolved without having to be chewed . The second two things I found he would eat were soft tiny pieces of French fries and tiny bits of cheese puffs. Another mother found her son would eat over cooked broccoli with cheese sauce. The third thing my son ate was peas. I suggest you give her a taste of whatever you can get her to keep in her mouth. Follow that up with Pediatric Ensure or Pediatric Ensure pudding.

My son is still terribly thin, but after years of forcing him to take two bites of everything on his plate and following up with one of his favorite foods, he now has a pretty good list of foods that he will eat.:slight_smile:

There are a few pediatric feeding disorder clinics in the U.S. If her regular pediatrician can’t find a physical reason for her lack of desire to eat much, you might check to see if there is a feeding disorder clinic in your state.

Hang in there. You are not alone and if there is nothing physically keeping her from eating, your persistence will pay off.

Praying for her

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.