Please pray for my 17 year old son, John

He is only 17. There are people in his life stearing him down a path that leads to moral sin. He has no other friends, though. He is struggling socially in high school and suffering from depression. Please pray the Holy Spirit will guide him.

Mother Mary, please help John get on a good path. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed are thou among women and
Blessed is the Fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
Amen

Glory be to the Father
The Son, and the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning
Is now, and ever shall be
World without end. Amen

My prayers are with your son.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Keith

I’ll pray for him tonight. You’re a great parent for being resourceful and getting people to pray for him. I’ll pray that he one day joins everyone in Heaven and realizes how lucky of a son he was back on Earth.

St. Joseph, obtain for this young man good, upright friends. Help him to pray and act justly in this life and to avoid occasions of sin. Amen.

I will offer my Communion for your son. Have faith during this trying time. God Bless youand your son.

I will offer my Communion for your son. Have faith during this trying time. God Bless you and your son.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father
and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit

As it was in beginning
is now
and ever shall be.

Amen.

He is in my prayers, may he find though the Holy Spirit the right path, the path that leads to the Truth

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Why not buy your Son a horse to join a horseriding sport to meet other horse enthusiasts or get your Son involved in an extra interest that is outdoors where he will meet new young people. A motorbike or a part-time job, perhaps a swimming group, (assists with depression, jogging, walking, bike riding in which you join him through the week of an evening).

I would be taking your son and a mate away on weekends (fishing, camping, travelling to visit relatives interstate?) and encourage him to sign up with you for regular Charity work keeping him busy. Interests, interests and ensure he attends Mass and Reconciliation with you weekly. If you fill up his calendar daily with something after school every day or at least every second day, he will not have time with these ‘mates’ and by broadening his horizons, meeting positive young people in his life.

Perhaps a Youth Group with you initially attending for the first time or a local Police Boys Club or whatever you have in Dallas along those lines. Or the YMCA (young Mens Christian Association)? or something similar where he can meet other Christian blokes.

There are plenty of interests for your Son to pursue with your initial assistance.

Bar-bells, Dum-bells, Swimming, Jogging to reduce and eliminate depression daily. A muscle in the arm is linked to the brain and shown to be highly effective when weights are done and swimming.

Kindest wishes.

For Thy Child, through Thy Divine Love and Mercy please Dear Jesus Christ our Saviour and Dear Our Lady Mary Mother of Jesus, now and for Eternity, Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from all evil, Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from all evil, Amen

I was in the same boat as him, at his age, and the Lord has guided me through the darkness, into the light. Often we are chosen to do his greater works because we have been exposed to the real world in these way, for one can only be as effective as one can empathise. Continue to pray for him, do what you can along helping him with his depression, for that by itself is the underlying cause to why he chooses to allow for company in his life that are not headed down the right path. High school social structure is not at all realistic, and convey to him that in the end, as these kids grow into adult hood, the ones that are popular tend to be the ones that do very little with their lives, while the ones that are considered outcasts tend to do great things.

Just make sure he knows that he is loved and supported by you, and never underestimate the power of prayer. God speed to both of you and may he find joy in the Lord in all things.

I am so sorry you are going through this worry with your son my heart goes out to you.I too am going through worry for my son and many of us here have similar worries for our adult children.You and your son are in my prayers
God bless

Lord please guide this son to the right path in life to make good choices and not be led into a life of danger.Please help him to overcome his depression and become a confident mature young man.Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

***Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:***

Lord please guide this son to the right path in life to make good choices and not be led into a life of danger.Please help him to overcome his depression and become a confident mature young man.Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.