Please pray for my 5 kids!

I have been put in a situation that I have dreaded for years!
What to do if your in law gets sick overseas!
Well My in law sprained her leg , although a sprain is not life threatening, to a 85 year old it might be life stopping!
So he is where my kids come in…
To cut a long story short, Lost 2 aunts in 2 weeks, 1 in Australia and 1 in Lebanon.
So I pushed my wife to make the trip to her mother country to see her mom!
She has not seen her mom in 13 years!

So the whole family of 5 kids , ages between 12 months to 11 years are about to embark on a 18 hour trip to lebanon, none of whom ever been on a airplane before!
I am staying put for a while to pay for the trip then follow them in 8 weeks.

But I want you all, yes everybody to pray for the kids , as they would be frightened , for 18 hours!
Please pray that they have a safe trip , and please give us some suggestions , how to keep them happy and well through the whole trip!

Looking forward to prayers, I will show the kids that people do care about them!

God Bless!
P.s they are leaving in 2.5 weeks!

I will keep your family in my prayers and Masses.
I ask God to grant you all peace.

Your family is in my prayers,

Glory be to the Father, to the Son and to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
world without end.
Amen.

I am praying for your children also.

As for suggestions of how to keep them happy on the plane, you should post in the family/parenting forum also. Here are my ideas:

First remember that you cannot carry liquids through the security. So you should bring sippy cups or bottles, but not full. Once you are through security, you can buy water or juice. Best to buy a little supply because the flight attendants don’t come through right away. To keep their ears from popping during take off, it is good to have them chew gum (the olders) or drink a bit from the sippy cup (the youngers).

Also, even though it is expensive, buy a seat for the baby and take the car seat. It keeps them safer and also give you a bit more room. Of course, I assume all the seats are together.

Even if you don’t usually allow electronics, this would be a good time to bring a little dvd player or ipod-type device. The movies played on planes are not always the best for children. My kids also love books on tape. Try not to bring too many toys or toys with small parts of the plane, but if your children have ‘loveys’ (stuffed animal, blanket) be sure that’s in a carry on bag!

Each of the kids from pre-school age up can carry a little backpack with their activities for the plane–also a good idea to pack a change of clothes in a plastic bag for the bottom of their back pack just in case of an accident! Nice to have if the luggage goes missing also.

Hope your mother-in-law heals soon!

You’re poor wife will have her hands full that’s for sure on the long flight to see her mother I will keep her and you’re children in my prayers. God bless

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Lord, bless these 5 children on their journey to Lebanon. May they keep occupied by attending Mass together with their parents (first with Mom, then with Mom and Dad) and may the entire family pray the rosary together every day. May the children enjoy playing together on the plane with books and toys and may they enjoy playing in their grandmother’s back yard and house. Bless this family, bring them even closer together as a family and make them all grow in holiness. Amen.

A small suggestion, get each of the children a notepad from the dollar store and crayons for the plane ride. Also a deck of cards.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Praying hard for your wonderful family. My son who flys all over the world purchased a battery operated DVD player and watches his own movies to help pass the time. The battery lasts for 13 hours.

My wife and I recently flew from Paris to Philadelphia in an Airbus 330 which has individual TV screens for each passenger and they can choose to watch any of several movies, TV shows or listen to music albums. Our flight lasted 8-1/2 hours, I watched 3 movies and listened to an Abba album which really helped pass the time.

Good luck to your family, I hope they enjoy the flight and have a great visit with the relatives.

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.