Please pray for my bro

This might seem mundane, but I’d really appreciate it if you could pray for my brother about soccer. He joined the team at the beginning of the summer, and has so far enjoyed it. The problem is, the coach that our school hired has turned about it has turned out to be just absolutely horrendous to the boys on the team that haven’t played before. It’s not a matter of being a tough coach; this man is an absolute jerk. Six of the boys (my brother included) are considered “subs” and today the coach basically told them that he wouldn’t even have them on his team except for the fact that the AD is making him keep them. On top of it, he said this in front of the entire team. For the record, the school has never had a record for having a winning soccer team, so it’s not as though the coach has a reputation to keep up. He’s not coaching these boys, but being a field babysitter. Here’s the icing on the cake for me: HE’S A CONGREGATIONALIST MINISTER and behaving this way!

I’m just very upset about it, and trying not to have bitter feelings toward the man. My brother is being brave and still said that he’s going to give it his all anyway. A few weeks ago I gave him a medal of St Sebastian. Please pray for my brother and for all the boys that are being treated so subhumanly. Like I said, this goes beyond being a tough coach. A good coach is tough, but he actually coaches the boys, not exclude them from practices.

Lord, help me to love.

Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum
benedicta tu in mulieribus et benedictus Fructus ventris tui Ieusus
Sancta Maria Mater Dei ora pro nobis peccatoribus nunc et in hora mortis nostrae.

Jesus, protect Your little ones whom You love so much.

These boys are suffering abuse by one who should be a caring shepherd. Please inspire a united protest to protect these children from such abuse that affects their perception of their value. I ask You to awaken the coach to his apparently unChristian behaviour and lead him to act more according to the gospel.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen***

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

Your faith and your brothers determination is inspiration for all! Know that I am praying for all of you!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Prayers promised for all concerned

It’s not a mundane request at all–we are supposed to bring everything before God. Kind of you to request prayers for him!
Will remember your intention at Mass tomorrow.

Father,
Just as it took the tenderness of Mary to “coach” Jesus in raising Him, please help this coach to practice the same tenderness towards the players. May he be firm if must be, but not neglectful, hurtful, nor demeaning.

As we know nothing is unimportant to you, we trust that it is important to You that this man be an effective shephard and true follower of Your Word. Each moment matters in fulfilling Your Holy Will and this coach needs the power of Your grace to move his heart to live more according to his Christian faith by following the commands of Jesus, Your Son.

By the power of Your Holy Spirit, help him to be a better example of a Christian for these boys and as a role model and as an elder. Please get him to realize that nothing is important when compared to obeying You. Thanks!

Amen, Amen!
+

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.